second interview

Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute
Default second interview

Hi , I am wondering if any one out there knows what a psychological test involves ? I was interviewed last week at a major hospital in montreal for the position of Head Nurse. Having been told this morning that I passed the interview , I now have to go for a medical exam ( very common) and a psychological test.

In 16 years of Nursing, I have never been asked to do this. I would love to know what it involves so that I can be prepared. Any ideas? ps no snarky remarks!

Last edited by zalaben; Mar 29th 2007 at 6:42 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: second interview

Its probably the standard, answer loads of what appear to be meaningless questions to which they produce a psychological profile.

Im sure its nothing to worry about and good luck

SAW 04

Originally Posted by zalaben
Hi , I am wondering if any one out there knows what a psychological test involves ? I was interviewed last week at a major hospital in montreal for the position of Head Nurse. Having been told this morning that I passed the interview , I now have to go for a medical exam ( very common) and a psychological test.

In 16 years of Nursing, I have never been asked to do this. I would love to know what it involves so that I can be prepared. Any ideas? ps no snarky remarks!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Its probably the standard, answer loads of what appear to be meaningless questions to which they produce a psychological profile.

Im sure its nothing to worry about and good luck

SAW 04
yes, but could you give me some examples of the questions asked? thanks
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:00 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

One test that I did had questions like, "Whom do you hate more? Your mother or your father?" Can't remember the other questions, but they were along those lines. Questions that did not have right or wrong answers, or at least not as far as I could tell. Mind you, this wasn't for a nursing job. But, from what I've heard, those kinds of questions are quite common on psychological tests.

Edited to add this. My husband did one of these tests a few years ago, and someone from the company's Human Resources Department went over the results with him. The HR guy told my husband that he had come out with good ratings for honesty, etc. The funny thing was that my husband had admitted to small faults. I forget what he said they were -- probably things like telling small lies, etc. The HR guy told my husband that there were some questions that tested character traits that were really obvious to the person taking the test. However, there also were some questions that tested those same character traits and that were not obvious to the person taking the test. If the person's answers were incongruent (that is, if he/she claimed to be virtuous in response to the obvious questions while his/her answers to the sneaky questions revealed otherwise), it flagged the fact that he/she had provided the answers that he/she thought he/she SHOULD give rather than providing answers that reflected his/her reality.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Mar 29th 2007 at 7:27 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - congrats on getting so far

Don't try and prepare for it - 'cos you can't !

Husband recently sat one - an array of weird and wonderful questions - some made him giggle and snigger like a school boy - but just go with your gut reaction on the answers ...

"have you ever thought of killing yourself ?"
"do you like fire?"
"do you have a fulfilling sex life?" (crikey, who does?! )

All variations on a theme - same question could be asked several different ways - he had 400 questions !

Good luck
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:08 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ann m
Hi - congrats on getting so far

Don't try and prepare for it - 'cos you can't !

Husband recently sat one - an array of weird and wonderful questions - some made him giggle and snigger like a school boy - but just go with your gut reaction on the answers ...

"have you ever thought of killing yourself ?"
"do you like fire?"

All variations on a theme - same question could be asked several different ways - he had 400 questions !

Good luck
I agree - you cannot prepare or fake them - answering what you think they want will work against you. They also have a number of questions referring to the same trait and those are not always clear. so not going with your first response to the question i.e. trying to analyse what would be a better result, will skew the results.

good luck
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said there is no way to prepare as the questions are so incredibly random. Having completed a few of these the common message given is dont think about the answer, be truthful and go with your first response.

Have a look at this, its one of the many on line tests that you can practise on
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey thanks everybody. I will definately look up the site that was given me later tonight . Thanks for all of your input.What weird questions... Do you like fire? i have no feeling towards it . Dont care either way ( except when you cant get one lit on a cold evening in late august around a camp fire). `Who do your like more? your mom or your dad? depends. As a teen I liked my mom more when she gave in when my dad forbade me to do something.However, I liked my Dad more over my mom when it came to swindling money out of him... so I see that I cant study for any of these questions and there is no use worrying about it. I will let you know if I get the job! fingers crossed
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

Oh this made me laugh so hard!! I'm sitting in my office in the hospital and I think I just heard footsteps pausing outside my door.
I had a housewarming party the other night and a friend brought a dessert called "Sex in a pan" and we had the biggest laugh about it - imagine, which one would you rather have - on the left we have ...the man, on the right we have ...the gooey, chocolate pud. Mmmmmmmm??? I wonder ...... (No competition really, the pud wins hands down!! )
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:15 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TrishB
Oh this made me laugh so hard!! I'm sitting in my office in the hospital and I think I just heard footsteps pausing outside my door.
I had a housewarming party the other night and a friend brought a dessert called "Sex in a pan" and we had the biggest laugh about it - imagine, which one would you rather have - on the left we have ...the man, on the right we have ...the gooey, chocolate pud. Mmmmmmmm??? I wonder ...... (No competition really, the pud wins hands down!! )
I bet the pudding can't mow your lawn though......
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:30 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCrocker
And your point is?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:34 pm
Been there, done that

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
And your point is?
blokes have some value.........?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:39 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

blokes have some value.........?
You seem to assume that blokes mow lawns.

I'm sure you do.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely questions on ethics, communications ,team relationships
and patients'needs.

At one time my department had a big pow wow ,staff were leaving and
work environment was very toxic.The management hired a psychologist ,
all of us had to complete several pages of psychological testings and then
followed up 6 months later with a different set of questionaires.

Prepare yourself by relaxing , be positive and answer the questions
according to your gut feeling .
Good luck .
Yoong
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

No and neither could the bloke i just kicked out! Still rather have the pudding!
Pudding rates much higher in terms of usefulness, comfort, etc and it doesn't talk back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.