Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Scottish people emigrating to Canada.

Scottish people emigrating to Canada.

Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scottish people emigrating to Canada.

This is a rather informal analysis but there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Scottish people who want to emigrate to Canada. Especially from the Glasgow area. I wonder if the motivation is that Canada has a somewhat similar landscape so they feel comfortable or that Scotland is such shithole that they all just want to leave the place?

Last edited by Oink; Apr 6th 2012 at 6:20 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish people emigrating to Canada.

Well those that are heading to Saskatchewan & Manitoba are definitely not moving because the landscape is similar so I guess we can deduct its a shithole
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink
disporintate
Are you on the Buckfast already? Our kind of guy.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

This is my town. Picture says a thousand words etc...

www.paperclip.org.uk/Cumbernauld/abronhill.htm
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:34 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony-the-Tigger

It probably looks a lot better in the sunshine. What about all that lovely Scottish salmon and wonderful Highland beef.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

It probably looks a lot better in the sunshine. What about all that lovely Scottish salmon and wonderful Highland beef.
Sunshine? Remind me what that is?

Note the prison like, 8ft steel fence around the school. I'm certain all schools in Scotland now have this, as a response to the Dunblane massacre.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:50 pm

I suspect you're painting an overly bleak picture. I'm sure behind those bars the the fresh face children are enthusiastically discussing the cultural significance of the Scottish Enlightenment.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

I suspect you're painting an overly bleak picture. I'm sure behind those bars the the fresh face children are enthusiastically discussing the cultural significance of the Scottish Enlightenment.
You're probably right. Can't complain about the school our 2 boys go to - once they're inside that is.

We Scots like to moan a lot. That may be why it feels like there's loads of us on this site!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Looks like downtown Hamilton ontario to me??
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigals
Looks like downtown Hamilton ontario to me??
I know. Anyway, slightly off topic. I was just wondering if your handle is Big Al's or Bi gals? The latter would be preferred.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:38 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland is such shithole that they all just want to leave the place?
agreed.

They used to flock to Blackpool.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
agreed.

They used to flock to Blackpool.
Blackpool to Ajax. That's hilarious.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:47 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Blackpool to Ajax. That's hilarious.
Thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks a dump and, if you can move from there to somewhere in Canada that's not a dump, that's obviously better, but Canada also has town planning and designed communities. That looks very much like the Regent Park area of Toronto, Tuxedo Court in Scarborough or Rexdale. The difference in the latter being that there are criss-cross wire fences everywhere to make it difficult to run. Granted the whole of Canada doesn't look like that so, if all of Scotland does, that explains a lot.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:13 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
It looks a dump and, if you can move from there to somewhere in Canada that's not a dump, that's obviously better, but Canada also has town planning and designed communities. That looks very much like the Regent Park area of Toronto, Tuxedo Court in Scarborough or Rexdale. The difference in the latter being that there are criss-cross wire fences everywhere to make it difficult to run. Granted the whole of Canada doesn't look like that so, if all of Scotland does, that explains a lot.
It is not. Some of the best countryside in Britain is in Scotland.

I once went to superb wedding in gourock, one of the best I have been fortunate to attend. The people are gems, the hospitality second to none. Though the pebble dash buildings, less said the better.fletch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.