Sausages

Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausages

Originally Posted by burks View Post
We'll be going into the big city () soon so will have to take a look. I just Google'd them, any recommendations sausage wise (never said that before!)

Oh.. and are their pork pies decent?
Their Cumberlands are very good as are their chipolattas. They used to do more types of British ones but they've started to go a little insane lately with things like alpaca blood sausages spiced with pixy pubic hair, that said, if you get lucky, they may have other British ones, you can never really tell what they'll have and when. Their pork pies are very nice but although they're for giants they taste pretty authentic. Get some decent French ham while you're there and some posh salami. Don't take any guff from the tall snotty-nosed women, if she starts up just mumble your words when ordering, it really winds her up.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink View Post
Their Cumberlands are very good as are their chipolattas. They used to do more types of British ones but they've started to go a little insane lately with things like alpaca blood sausages spiced with pixy pubic hair, that said, if you get lucky, they may have other British ones, you can never really tell what they'll have and when. Their pork pies are very nice but although they're for giants they taste pretty authentic. Get some decent French ham while you're there and some posh salami. Don't take any guff from the tall snotty-nosed women, if she starts up just mumble your words when ordering, it really winds her up.
Thanks for the advice! .. will be giving any kind pubic hair a miss though, pixie or no pixie.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:18 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

We too are suffering from the lack of a decent sausage - echo the issue of it seeming to be the thicker skins. We've resorted to the "breakfast" sausage, predominantly from FarmBoy - and that's as close as we have found to something decent. Desperately missing the Sainsburys line of "fancy" sausages, I'd even take Sainsburys basic at this point lol.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC View Post
We too are suffering from the lack of a decent sausage - echo the issue of it seeming to be the thicker skins. We've resorted to the "breakfast" sausage, predominantly from FarmBoy - and that's as close as we have found to something decent. Desperately missing the Sainsburys line of "fancy" sausages, I'd even take Sainsburys basic at this point lol.
Yes, the 'breakfast' sausages are about the only ones I buy - though I did buy some of the Walmart 'beer and onion' sausages the other week and they weren't too bad skin wise. They also do a cheddar and bacon sausage, but I haven't tried those yet.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 10th 2014 at 3:31 am.