Sausages

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:02 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sausages

And the making of.

I now have the wherewithal to make sausages at home and have been doing so. It's good fun, filling the casings needs a technique reminiscent of encouraging a becondomed willy.

Anyway..they, the sausages, taste fine but not very sausagey and the texture is wrong. I am sure someone on here used to make their own so any recipes? Advice?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausages

Originally Posted by bats
And the making of.

I now have the wherewithal to make sausages at home and have been doing so. It's good fun, filling the casings needs a technique reminiscent of encouraging a becondomed willy.

Anyway..they, the sausages, taste fine but not very sausagey and the texture is wrong. I am sure someone on here used to make their own so any recipes? Advice?
Take off the condom before devouring.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What are you doing, ordinary pork bangers? Are you using breadcrumb for a binder?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:17 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Pork, pork and beef. Using rice as a binder as I can't have gluten
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:19 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Take off the condom before devouring.
Good advice. I hate the bounce.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:29 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Is it coming out pasty like when you use flour? If you want I can ask at the Ukrainian Co-op tomorrow and see what they do. They're boasting a range of gluten free sausage and I have inside contacts.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:49 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by caretaker
Is it coming out pasty like when you use flour? If you want I can ask at the Ukrainian Co-op tomorrow and see what they do. They're boasting a range of gluten free sausage and I have inside contacts.
No, not pasty, either too meaty, or too grainy. Not sausagey!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

So I have a sausage attachment for the Kitchenaid and after a few disasters I know have it sorted.

I would use some sort of gluten free bread as a binder rather than rice. its meant to absorb the fat and other stuff so I can't imagine rice being good.

You need a fatty meat; quite a fatty meat. I always get the butcher to grind it for me and shoulder is best, belly good too. I go in, tell him what I want it for, we settle on the cut, he goes and grinds it for free. Its much better than the little grinder that comes with my sausage attachment

Seasoning - it needs quite a lot of salt and pepper plus whatever else. Stint on this and it just won't work
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

PS

I make Lincolnshire type sausages, but do add leek etc sometimes
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:07 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by gryphea
So I have a sausage attachment for the Kitchenaid and after a few disasters I know have it sorted.

I would use some sort of gluten free bread as a binder rather than rice. its meant to absorb the fat and other stuff so I can't imagine rice being good.

You need a fatty meat; quite a fatty meat. I always get the butcher to grind it for me and shoulder is best, belly good too. I go in, tell him what I want it for, we settle on the cut, he goes and grinds it for free. Its much better than the little grinder that comes with my sausage attachment

Seasoning - it needs quite a lot of salt and pepper plus whatever else. Stint on this and it just won't work
Interesting. I will try with gf bread. I want to stick with lower fat meats though.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bats
Interesting. I will try with gf bread. I want to stick with lower fat meats though.
This means it won't ever work really well. They are meant to have fat in them. Do some googling.

BTW saturated fat is no longer the devil it used to be considered
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26611861
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This means it won't ever work really well. They are meant to have fat in them. Do some googling.

+1

You definitely need fat in it for them to work otherwise the texture will be wrong and they will be dry. Are you putting sage in them?

I like the look of this recipe: http://www.geniusglutenfree.com/glut...view?entryID=8
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:48 am
limey party pooper

I have googled of course and am aware that fat will make them taste better but sacrifices must be made. Im not worried about the saturation but the calories.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:50 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Siouxie
+1

You definitely need fat in it for them to work otherwise the texture will be wrong and they will be dry. Are you putting sage in them?

I like the look of this recipe: http://www.geniusglutenfree.com/glut...view?entryID=8
That does look good.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:34 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

The title of this thread makes me home sick.

Why not twist the knife and rename it cheese and sausages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.