Rock Solid Builds

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rock Solid Builds

Anyone been watching Rock Solid Builds on HGTV, and got a hankering to move to Newfoundland?!

God, that is beautiful country, but with some mighty weather. Can't wait to visit and do a tour. It looks catty.πŸ˜‰
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock Solid Builds

Lived in Newfoundland for 8 years (where I landed). It's a beautiful place but some of the stuff they show on that show is definitely forced Newfoundlander.
Kind of like watching a Australian builders show and them keep saying "Let's throw another shrimp on the barbe".

Trust me a soon as the wind, rain or snow picks up in NL those guys are tool down lol
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 1:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Anyone been watching Rock Solid Builds on HGTV, and got a hankering to move to Newfoundland?!

God, that is beautiful country, but with some mighty weather. Can't wait to visit and do a tour. It looks catty.πŸ˜‰
I haven't seen the show but, in the course of living with a Newfie for seven years I had cause to go to Newfoundland countless times. There is a lot of weather there, think Outer Hebrides. One might want to consider the Disney version, Nova Scotia, for a holiday. (Description of NS courtesy Ax).
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

I like that Disney Version, well played
Old Apr 24th 2021, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will only ever be a fairweather visitor so will carefully plot my sunny and calm window of opportunity. If it pisses down or snows or blows a gale, then off to Disney I go.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 11:04 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
One might want to consider the Disney version, Nova Scotia, for a holiday. (Description of NS courtesy Ax).
​​​​​Yesterday was sunny, the first blue sky we've seen in oh about 14 days. Spring (Sprinter) is the most difficult season in Newfoundland - Eastern Nfld at least, the West coast has consistently better weather, and better scenery for that matter but of course no capital city. I've not seen the program in question but like all these things I'm sure it offers a slightly fictional version of the place. Still, it is worth visiting and can be a rewarding place to live,particularly in this time of the plague.

The provincial govt has been advertising in the Toronto papers that remote workers could ditch the city and come live here in the fresh air and low covid incidence. Those ads don't seem to align with the travel ban that prevents my sister in law visiting from Ottawa and of course don't mention the crippling debt from the I'll judged and poorly managed hydro project that makes this place pretty much bankrupt. But as I say, after the pandemic you should come and visit. Bring layers and a good waterproof!
Old Apr 24th 2021, 12:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I should say that some of Newfoundland was wonderful to visit. I haven't seen anything like the outport villages anywhere else. Beautiful and with a dark and fascinating history.