Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea

Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea

Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea

Originally Posted by Editha
Isn't Wikipedia wonderful?
Not really, just general knowledge.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:29 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Plus don't believe the adverts for Red Rose tea either Im sure the Royal Family in the UK dont drink that shite as they seem to indicate in the ads they play over here. Plus dont drink the tea in restaurants over here as they usually dont boil the water and they give you some second rate tea bag which makes the experience not a pleasant one.
PS Im no tea snob just personal experience talking.
I believe the 'officially' Royal tea is made by Twinnings, who make something called 'Buckingham Palace Blend' (or something similar to that) which is made and sold exclusively to the Royals. I want a cup to see what it's like - best bet is getting an MBE and being invited for a tea party at the palace.

I don't really have much of a problem with teas in Canada really - theres so many Chinesey loose leaf tea places around, I'm super happy with the choice - so much better than when I was staying in Maryland, in the states!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:50 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattieuk
I'm super happy with the choice - so much better than when I was staying in Maryland, in the states!
I would definitely agree with that. Before I moved here my only experience of this continent was the USA so I was quite surprised when I got here and saw PG Tips and crumpets for sale on the normal supermarket shelves.

I still regularly buy crumpets now actually, they are my one little thing from home which I have for breakfast at the weekend.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattieuk
I believe the 'officially' Royal tea is made by Twinnings, who make something called 'Buckingham Palace Blend' (or something similar to that) which is made and sold exclusively to the Royals. I want a cup to see what it's like - best bet is getting an MBE and being invited for a tea party at the palace.

I don't really have much of a problem with teas in Canada really - theres so many Chinesey loose leaf tea places around, I'm super happy with the choice - so much better than when I was staying in Maryland, in the states!
This article may dispute that Twinnings supplies the Queen with the tea she drinks at home as opposed to the Twinnings tea supplied at the tea parties held at Buck House at which guests drink tea in the presence of the Royal Family members.
http://blog.teadog.com/2011/11/02/ge...tea-selection/
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:54 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
This article may dispute that Twinnings supplies the Queen with the tea she drinks at home as opposed to the Twinnings tea supplied at the tea parties held at Buck House at which guests drink tea in the presence of the Royal Family members.
http://blog.teadog.com/2011/11/02/ge...tea-selection/
Oooo....a controver-tea!

The box on your link looks posher, I'll agree with that!

Actually, looking for the Twinings tea party one - I can't even find any mention of that on the internet - perhaps I was having a dream during a tea-free time of my life....
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:55 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise that this is possibly the most stereotypical debate that a group of British expats online could have, right?

I think we get discriminated against enough already without encouraging them.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You do realise that this is possibly the most stereotypical debate that a group of British expats online could have, right?

I think we get discriminated against enough already without encouraging them.
Well we could always talk about cheeses, chocolate bars, beer or even the different varieties of crumpets