Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Rare breeds: the British gent...

Rare breeds: the British gent...

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:06 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rare breeds: the British gent...

Video: 'I'll break your f---ing neck!' Driver and cyclist in furious road rage incident - Telegraph

Two specimens in full regalia doing what they do best...acting like -----s.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rare breeds: the British gent...

SUV, pleather trousers, he was never going to be the right sort of chap, was he?
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:20 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I seemed to have jumped the gun a bit with my thread title.
He's an Aussie. That explains it! Well, the rage, not the pleather.
Carry on.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I seemed to have jumped the gun a bit with my thread title.
He's an Aussie. That explains it! Well, the rage, not the pleather.
Carry on.
Why is he wearing a tampon around his neck?
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 1:00 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by dbd33
Why is he wearing a tampon around his neck?
I believe I explained that in my OP.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 2:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Shard
I believe I explained that in my OP.
Indeed.

While he seems a complete prat there are a few things in this video that I miss about England.

He's obviously chosen his clothing; it's bizarre but it's not the plaid offered by Giant Tiger or Mark's Work Wearhouse. It's not the same as everyone for miles around. He's not wearing a hat and, perforce, it's not on backwards. He is aware that he's operating a motor vehicle and it's very likely he knows which brand of vehicle it is. It's not greige. He's abusive to someone who speaks the same language as he does, there's no awkward pause while he rephrases "****ing neck" and attempts to convey the idea with gestures; there's a fluidity of communication one does not experience with colleagues here, nevermind random strangers.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 2:49 pm
Yo

Indeed.

While he seems a complete prat there are a few things in this video that I miss about England.

He's obviously chosen his clothing; it's bizarre but it's not the plaid offered by Giant Tiger or Mark's Work Wearhouse. It's not the same as everyone for miles around. He's not wearing a hat and, perforce, it's not on backwards. He is aware that he's operating a motor vehicle and it's very likely he knows which brand of vehicle it is. It's not greige. He's abusive to someone who speaks the same language as he does, there's no awkward pause while he rephrases "****ing neck" and attempts to convey the idea with gestures; there's a fluidity of communication one does not experience with colleagues here, nevermind random strangers.
Good point. A certain vitality of spirit. Could we say joie de vivre? Well perhaps not quite that far.

Although the guy overreacted, it does seem the cyclist expects too much. Traffic was flowing, 30 mph zone, not every journey has to be a road race. If I were on the bike, I'd give way to the car.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 3:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

It becomes a lot more complicated when there are horses on the road. Who do you call a cad, the horse, rider or both?
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 3:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Oink
It becomes a lot more complicated when there are horses on the road. Who do you call a cad, the horse, rider or both?
Here it doesn't matter, the horseman speaks Dutch or very accented English and won't know the word "cad".
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 3:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Here it doesn't matter, the horseman speaks Dutch or very accented English and won't know the word "cad".
None of us are immune from this sort of spontaneous misjudgement and usually instantly regretful, behaviour. There was an incident with a cradle last weekend in my local Legion, when in course of a heated and alcohol fuelled discussion, I might have suggested that the said cradle fellates polar bears for a living.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:16 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, Mr. Jason Wells has a "very small penis".

Advice: do not, ever, post a photo to social media, of your bathroom scales, while you're standing on them naked.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate cyclists

why isn't he using the cycle lane provided? Probably sits in his house complaining that there are too many gas guzzling cars out there and everyone should be cycling, then doesn't use the damn lanes available, because why ride in a safe place when you can annoy and provoke other road users?

Why is he provoking car drivers? Yeah the guy got a little close to him...but why did spit and punch the car? (at least it looked like it from the video)

Why do other cyclists feel the need to gang up on this poor gent in the Landy? Almost as bad as the SJWs here on BE!
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 11:18 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
i hate cyclists

why isn't he using the cycle lane provided? Probably sits in his house complaining that there are too many gas guzzling cars out there and everyone should be cycling, then doesn't use the damn lanes available, because why ride in a safe place when you can annoy and provoke other road users?

Why is he provoking car drivers? Yeah the guy got a little close to him...but why did spit and punch the car? (at least it looked like it from the video)

Why do other cyclists feel the need to gang up on this poor gent in the Landy? Almost as bad as the SJWs here on BE!
You don't HAVE to use a cycle lane, even if its provide.
They aren't often thought out very well tbh.

Last edited by The4BellsLondon; Jun 2nd 2015 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 11:23 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Allegedly he has apologised… probably after the boycott Brew Hashtag went viral on Twitter! (My keyboard has no hashtag?!)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/...actions-174768