Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Oct 8th 2019, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I had a nurse once I told to stop, she was causing so much pain and tried 3 times before I told her to stop, the pain was too much, she huffed a bit but left and respected my request, about 20 minutes later another nurse came and got the IV in first try in the other arm. The arm with the 3 attempts was so black and blue from it, and oh it hurt for days.

Paramedics always impressed me though, have had a couple trips to hospitals by paramedics before and each time the IV went in quick, nearly painless and while in a moving vehicle.....of course most of those times the nurses didn't like the spot the paramedics put the IV and so re did it in the ER.

Most of those times I was only getting saline, the IV set up was simply a in case we need to administrate medication quickly precaution.

One time when I had a bacterial infection and well wasn't really fully aware of what was going on around me as I was really out in la la land as the infection came on quick and furious and was misdiagnosed the first visit to the ER, so treatment was delayed by 12 hours, but I do recall when they started the medications, the spot the medication was entering felt like they had shot fire into my vein.

Then had to wear that IV thing for like a week in my arm, had to go back to hospital each day for 1 hour to have IV antibiotics, so they leave part of it in you, that was fun to walk around with.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can relate. While I was in hospital a staff member had 5 failed attempts to insert a cannula in my hand. By the fifth go his hand was shaking. I asked him if he was an anaethetist, he was an enrolled nurse (used to be called nursing aide), and had done a 2 week course in cannula insertion

I didn't really want to put in a complaint because the overall standard of nursing care was great, but in the end I did do a formal complaint. My hand swelled up to twice its size and I've been left with a very painful lump in it from blood leaking into the tissues. Subsequent cannulas/IVs had to be done in my feet because the veins in my hands were trashed.

The Consumer Liason Officer (weird name for person who deals with patient complaints!) wrote that she's 'very concerned' about my experience, and promised an investigation. I'll apparantly hear back in three weeks. I did say in the complaint that the only outcome I'm looking for is that any deficiencies in their processes/protocols are identified and addressed. Still feel a bit bad, he was a nice young man, just useless at that particular job.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 8th 2019 at 3:53 am.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:23 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

what a colab !

Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Lol!
Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wah! I am going to have to steal that.

Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Examples of that used to be on telly regularly. Cossack dancers as I recall.

I remember someone doing it but cheating by sitting on a stool as a comedy act.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if x-ray and imaging patients have done was provided online like blood/lab results are, would be kind of cool to see the x-ray or image.......
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:24 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It would be nice if x-ray and imaging patients have done was provided online like blood/lab results are, would be kind of cool to see the x-ray or image.......
Yes it would. Where's our local radiographer Bats these days?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

I don't know, been sometimes since I have seen a post from Bats.

I am just interested in such things, especially when it the inside of me, interesting to me to see what is inside...ha ha

When I was a kid I had chronic lung issues so had chest x-rays done a few times, the medical insurance/provider my parents had ran both the doctors office, labs/x-ray, pharmacy all in one location, so I would get my x-ray then wait, and we would have to walk back to the doctors side with it where the doctor would look at it, I always got a kick out of seeing the x-ray........

Originally Posted by Shard
Yes it would. Where's our local radiographer Bats these days?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:24 am
Yo

I don't know, been sometimes since I have seen a post from Bats.

I am just interested in such things, especially when it the inside of me, interesting to me to see what is inside...ha ha

When I was a kid I had chronic lung issues so had chest x-rays done a few times, the medical insurance/provider my parents had ran both the doctors office, labs/x-ray, pharmacy all in one location, so I would get my x-ray then wait, and we would have to walk back to the doctors side with it where the doctor would look at it, I always got a kick out of seeing the x-ray........
These days, when you're with doctor and the x-ray is on the light board, you can just grab your phone and take a photo of it. I've done that before (once, maybe) and because of the light it comes out very well.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:48 am
Account Closed

I haven't seen one of those in years the light board. Not sure if doctor gets an actual x-ray or if they just get the radiologist report. I will ask if she gets actual image of the x-ray with the report on my next visit.

I have since lost it, but a few years ago Charlee had an x-ray done, the vet emailed us a copy. She is not cooperative when getting an x-ray.

Originally Posted by Shard
These days, when you're with doctor and the x-ray is on the light board, you can just grab your phone and take a photo of it. I've done that before (once, maybe) and because of the light it comes out very well.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 9:24 am
Yo

I haven't seen one of those in years the light board. Not sure if doctor gets an actual x-ray or if they just get the radiologist report. I will ask if she gets actual image of the x-ray with the report on my next visit.

I have since lost it, but a few years ago Charlee had an x-ray done, the vet emailed us a copy. She is not cooperative when getting an x-ray.
Actually, now that you mention it, the X-ray is often on screens now, isn't it. Anyway, I'm sure you can get an unofficial snapshot of it.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 9:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Examples of that used to be on telly regularly. Cossack dancers as I recall.

I remember someone doing it but cheating by sitting on a stool as a comedy act.
Usually the Red Army ensemble, they toured the UK many times and I saw them live at the London Colloseum, very impressive.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 4:24 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This is how good and realistic our screens have become.

Old Oct 11th 2019, 4:37 am
Account Closed

lol...have to say I did flinch when I saw the ball.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.