Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Wife isn't home currently as she is in Vernon, left yesterday and will be back tomorrow night (I'll be in bed by 630p though) and its a bit boring not having anyone around, and not much to do.

Taken the dog for so many walks she doesn't want to go on anymore....lol
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 10:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sad today, dunno why, just frustrated with the situation I'm in I suppose and other half isn't doing the greatest mentally again. I hope he starts get to g busy at work soon or there might be a row and I don't enjoy arguing at all.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 1:10 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I feel sad today, dunno why, just frustrated with the situation I'm in I suppose and other half isn't doing the greatest mentally again. I hope he starts get to g busy at work soon or there might be a row and I don't enjoy arguing at all.
im sorry you're sad. What can we do to help? How about this little dance?

Old Jul 4th 2018, 4:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wife isn't home currently as she is in Vernon, left yesterday and will be back tomorrow night (I'll be in bed by 630p though) and its a bit boring not having anyone around, and not much to do.

Taken the dog for so many walks she doesn't want to go on anymore....lol
Use the time to watch some silly videos or something you like that perhaps your wife doesn't... cuddle charlie pup and talk to him .. of perhaps treat yourself to a take-out for a change... and take over the whole bed and stretch out.. (just leaving space for charlie dog ) It won't be long til she's back and you'll appreciate her even more - as she will you.

Sorry to hear this Piff, frustration and the feeling of there's nothing you can do to change things will often make you feel sad.. and worrying about the other half and having to deal with mood swings isn't fun either. I'm not surprised you are down

Can you get out of the house and away from home and enjoy the sunshine on your own for an hour or two, perhaps? Go on your bike, grab a cold one somewhere.. go shout at the water.. hope you feel better soon..

<<<Hugs>>>

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 4th 2018 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

We'd better get ready, lads, put a frigate in there and show the flag.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/americ...sman-1.3999914
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:20 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats

im sorry you're sad. What can we do to help? How about this little dance?

https://www.facebook.com/dillonfranc...6394761672808/
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Use the time to watch some silly videos or something you like that perhaps your wife doesn't... cuddle charlie pup and talk to him .. of perhaps treat yourself to a take-out for a change... and take over the whole bed and stretch out.. (just leaving space for charlie dog ) It won't be long til she's back and you'll appreciate her even more - as she will you.

Sorry to hear this Piff, frustration and the feeling of there's nothing you can do to change things will often make you feel sad.. and worrying about the other half and having to deal with mood swings isn't fun either. I'm not surprised you are down

Can you get out of the house and away from home and enjoy the sunshine on your own for an hour or two, perhaps? Go on your bike, grab a cold one somewhere.. go shout at the water.. hope you feel better soon..

<<<Hugs>>>
thanks ladies, I do go to the gym 3x a week, that really helps me, I see a trainer 2x a week, I usually end up doing something completely bizarre which means we end up in stitches. It's just hard trying to be upbeat for OH. Poo.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get a pay stub, and everyone I checked with at work has, and now I am concerned I will not get paid tomorrow as a mistake has happened. I hope its just an admin error and I do get paid or we are going be a bad spot.

I also have chipped a tooth this morning, front one, not super noticeable and no pain luckily. I hold from what I can tell all my stress in my jaw which seems to be causing more issues as the years go on. I think its called TMJ or TMD but seems to be getting worse each year.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 5th 2018 at 5:03 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 11:43 am
Account Closed

I am peeved a bit. Was not paid today. Grrrr

Should have though.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 6th 2018 at 1:28 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 10:13 pm

Little Miss Positive is back in the building, phew, don't like a grumpy Piff
Old Jul 6th 2018, 10:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it! I had a cap from the thrift shop that said Red Deer Arm Wrestling Team. I could wear it anywhere but Red Deer.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 10:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I am peeved a bit. Was not paid today. Grrrr

Should have though.
Eeek, can't they give you a sub?

Yeay! Welcome back
Old Jul 6th 2018, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Eeek, can't they give you a sub?

Yeay! Welcome back
They issued a direct deposit today, hopefully it will deposit today sometime or overnight. The payroll people say it should. I was somehow completely removed from the payroll system.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 12:16 am
limey party pooper

They issued a direct deposit today, hopefully it will deposit today sometime or overnight. The payroll people say it should. I was somehow completely removed from the payroll system.
phew, you can eat!
Old Jul 7th 2018, 12:32 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I finally have a family doctor!!!
Old Jul 7th 2018, 1:04 am
Account Closed

phew, you can eat!
Hopefully...ha ha

We are so behind we had to pay large sums of money towards the past due bills, amazing how a month and a half off work for medical can set back so far.

This month will be difficult, the EI I got while off work isn't an exempt income, so it will be taken from disability dollar for dollar so we won't have rent for August 1 since disability covers the rent.

I may need to work 20 hours a day....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.