Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by bats
Was the Grauniadesque typo deliberate?
Yes. A family habit since I was a child.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:38 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes. A family habit since I was a child.
Ah good. I wouldn't want to cast nastursiums.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ah good. I wouldn't want to cast nastursiums.

It took the stepkids a long time to work out Chilled Greez although wicken chings was an easier one.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Karma for the Minions in the photo.

Men in hazmat suits...decontamination procedures....that's not usual for two people found "apparently" passed out, drunk, drugged, whatever...is it?

The guardian report carried a reminder about the guy who drank Polonium laced tea - something that may have been a danger to others the way administered.

This guy is known to security services. Maybe my imagination has gone to hyper mode but isn't it feasible that there's been some kind of observation or tip off leading to that sort of response?
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Men in hazmat suits...decontamination procedures....that's not usual for two people found "apparently" passed out, drunk, drugged, whatever...is it?

The guardian report carried a reminder about the guy who drank Polonium laced tea - something that may have been a danger to others the way administered.

This guy is known to security services. Maybe my imagination has gone to hyper mode but isn't it feasible that there's been some kind of observation or tip off leading to that sort of response?
The stuff they took is highly dangerous - the first responders even here have been warned about how to deal with it.
Fentanyl, Fentanyl analogues and other potent synthetic opioids and analgesics may be absorbed through the skin, allowing the drug to enter a person’s body without the typical illicit drug ingestion methods such as smoking, snorting, injection, etc. In addition, opioids may be inadvertently inhaled in situations where suspected drug samples are disturbed and particles become airborne. These exposures may place other people, including first responders, at potential risk.
https://www.fentanylsafety.com/

Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate narcotic, a prescription drug used primarily for cancer patients in severe pain. It is roughly 50 to 100 times more toxic than morphine.

More... http://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/...rfentanil.aspx hopefully it was Fentanyl and not Carfentanil, which is approximately 100 times more toxic than fentanyl and 10,000 times more toxic than morphine

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 6th 2018 at 6:37 am.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Skin and gristle. I just hate the idea on eating wings - so I don't.
My thoughts exactly.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:56 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The stuff they took is highly dangerous - the first responders even here have been warned about how to deal with it.....
Yes, and a potentially useful murder weapon, but what I'm thinking is that one or two people of the appearance of having passed out - the woman who came across them said she assumed they were homeless - wouldn't normally trigger the sort of response which sounds fairly immediate, like they already knew.

That's why I wondered if the security services had previously got wind of something.

I see in the paper today the woman was apparently his daughter, visiting from Russia.

Using my finely tuned wild imagination I see a plot kickstarted by Russian security services being made aware of the daughter's planned visit to her father who, according to earlier reports, had been given a new identity, so they wouldn't necessarily know of his whereabouts.

An ideal opportunity for retribution of the kind previously administered...poison tipped umbrellas, Polonium in tea, that sort of thing.

There's an interesting list of mysterious deaths in the guardian today
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nked-uk-deaths
Old Mar 6th 2018, 3:58 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I wondered if the security services had previously got wind of something.
I'm with you. Consider the published accounts.

Quote: 'British police said two people, a 66-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman, had been found unconscious on a bench in a shopping centre on Sunday in the southern English city of Salisbury'.

Now forgive my ignorance but this must be an everyday occurrence in any major city. No doubt the first reaction would have been to call police and ambulance.

So at which point does an everyday scene of drug overdose trigger a response by the gentlemen in yellow Hazmat suits?

No doubt the man had ID on his person, so did the police discover some hidden accreditation of belonging to the ex-spy network, did they do a routine search to see who he was and if they did were they surprised by the Men in Black telling them to back off?

A curious tale and more intellectually fulfilling than watching Trump deny he was ever there, wherever that was.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

I didn't like the idea either, but it's not a lot different to eating a drumstick with crispy skin - you are not eating gristle, you eat the meat and skin. They are actually quite tasty!

Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Bliss to get the wretched BPM off this morning. Couldn't even have a lie-in to make up for the lack of sleep as I had to return it to the hospital for 8.00am.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:38 pm
Oscar nominated

...you eat the meat and skin. They are actually quite tasty!

And much better without the pointy bits too

Whenever I do my own I snip them off.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I overcome my revulsion by marinating them in oil and spices then wrapping them in bacon and baking them.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a condo down the hall that has now been flooded 3 times in 6 months.

Flood as in pipes breaking from above in the walls and flooding the unit.

I have lived in 3 buildings now that were built in the last 5 years and the amount of issues they have had, well I would never buy a condo in Vancouver-Fraser Valley, the work seems shoddy.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

I didn't like the idea either, but it's not a lot different to eating a drumstick with crispy skin - you are not eating gristle, you eat the meat and skin. They are actually quite tasty!

OH I have tried them and was grossed out. I won't eat drumsticks either unless I've taken the meat off first. I know, picky, picky.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:41 pm
Oscar nominated

OH I have tried them and was grossed out. I won't eat drumsticks either unless I've taken the meat off first. I know, picky, picky.
Would this be x-ray related by any chance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.