Rackoons!

Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice
Default Rackoons!

Are they common over there? A friend of mine had a funny experience with one, when it jumped over a table and pinched her sandwich, just as she was taking a bite out of it!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rackoons!

Originally Posted by shoequeen
Are they common over there? A friend of mine had a funny experience with one, when it jumped over a table and pinched her sandwich, just as she was taking a bite out of it!
Yes they are. Shooting them is the only practical way to deal with them.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes they are. Shooting them is the only practical way to deal with them.
Ha ha ha - oh dear!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:30 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I saw one once at the Toronto Zoo taking food from the bins....that was the only time

Really cute tho'
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha - oh dear!
Really. Beating them to death individually is messy and time consuming. Antifreeze doesn't kill them. Poisons knock off local dogs and cats without harming the raccoons.
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I saw one once at the Toronto Zoo taking food from the bins....that was the only time

Really cute tho'
Where do they live? Up a tree, in the attic?
Forum Regular

Really. Beating them to death individually is messy and time consuming. Antifreeze doesn't kill them. Poisons knock off local dogs and cats without harming the raccoons.
sorry about my misspelling of raccoon!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:35 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the time they live in corn fields, though your attic might interest them if it has bugs in it
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Most of the time they live in corn fields, though your attic might interest them if it has bugs in it
She was telling me porkies then .... she said they all lived in lofts and can grow to the size of a large dog! Had me quite scared!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

She was telling me porkies then .... she said they all lived in lofts and can grow to the size of a large dog! Had me quite scared!
Not the one i saw....it was about the size of a cat Maybe if your living out in the sticks it would be different

Does your friend live in Canada?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Both. Removing them from the attic is difficult and dangerous.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Not the one i saw....it was about the size of a cat Maybe if your living out in the sticks it would be different

Yes - in Hamilton!!! I think she exaggerates somewhat though [bears in her back garden etc]!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

They grow to that size yes,,as to where they live it deppends whether they are city raccoons or country raccoons The city ones are not as tasty as the country ones,these have more of a "Wild" taste and are great off the BBQ in summer but dont confuse them with a skunk
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Both. Removing them from the attic is difficult and dangerous.
Well, as long as they pay their rent on time .....!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

In Toronto they grow to the size of small, but real, dogs. 40lbs maybe, not like chows or shitzus but smaller than Great Danes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.