Questions for PM

Old Jan 15th 2017, 5:30 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for PM

Originally Posted by magnumpi
It's also hard hard to find anyone in Ontario who proudly says they voted for Wynne
or that vote a in municipal, provincial or federal election
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Congress is just as guilty if not more so when it comes to budget issues and debt in the US. It's not solely the presidents issue/decision.

Originally Posted by not2old
compare that to the UK national debt in 1968 ~£ 33 billion to today's £1.8 trillion or ~£28.989/person.

Now, compare the UK debt to Canada 1968 $78 billion to 2017 $636 billion or ~$17,000/person.

Canada is a good place to be eh!

US national debt today is huge, yet in 1968 it was $348 billion, but is it really all that bad living in debt?

US national debt (changing fast by the second) is ~$20 trillion or $64,000/person & you cannot blame that or any of the historical debt on Trump, maybe the last 8 years Obama really screwed things up.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-...events-3306287

Australia national debt

$519 billion or $21,848/person

Old Jan 15th 2017, 9:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It's also hard hard to find anyone in Ontario who proudly says they voted for Wynne
You have an odd fixation with this Wynne person. Tomorrow I shall ask people around me in the office "did you vote for Wynne?". I'm close to certain that no one will recognize the name. I'd do better to ask "what about that Harry Kane?". Three or four percent of people will know who Harry Kane is and be interested in what he does.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 9:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
I'd prefer neither, but if those were the only two choices, I'd take Trump. I think it's pretty clear that America will be much better off after eight years of Trump than Canada will be after eight years of Trudeau.
Of course I don't think America will have eight years of Trump. The question for me is "will America have eight years after electing Trump?".
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:28 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
You have an odd fixation with this Wynne person. Tomorrow I shall ask people around me in the office "did you vote for Wynne?". I'm close to certain that no one will recognize the name. I'd do better to ask "what about that Harry Kane?". Three or four percent of people will know who Harry Kane is and be interested in what he does.
Everyone should know the name of the Ontario Premiere if they live in Ontario, surely?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Everyone should know the name of the Ontario Premiere if they live in Ontario, surely?
I suppose it's a civic duty but I only know from your posts. I don't know who the Mayor is, nor the dog catcher.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:08 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I don't think America will have eight years of Trump. The question for me is "will America have eight years after electing Trump?".
I think it depends on what he can do for jobs. If by tearing up the rule book he can improve that aspect of the US economy, I think Americans will overlook his numerous other faults. Indeed, they already have.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:54 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing so much moaning from foreign immigrants towards a PM of a political party that kept the laws so laxed for them to immigrate to Canada in the first place is so hilarious. I bet Canada's national debt wasn't on your mind back then, nor would most of you qualify to be here under that Harper guy's profound immigration laws. Just saying

Last edited by Edo; Jan 16th 2017 at 4:14 am.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Seeing so much moaning from foreign immigrants towards a PM of a political party that kept the laws so laxed for them to immigrate to Canada in the first place is so hilarious. I bet Canada's national debt wasn't on your mind back then, nor would most of you qualify to be here under that Harper guy's profound immigration laws. Just saying
True but Canada was built on Immigration and immigrants are constantly being told we are a valuable asset to Canada and contribute enormously to the economy etc etc. We then become citizens so we now have the right to vote and moan the same as anyone who was born here which was probably to parents who were immigrants themselves or their parents were or their great grand parents

FYI I was sponsored by a Canadian wife in 1988 and her parents were immigrants.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Seeing so much moaning from foreign immigrants towards a PM of a political party that kept the laws so laxed for them to immigrate to Canada in the first place is so hilarious.

I bet Canada's national debt wasn't on your mind back then, nor would most of you qualify to be here under that Harper guy's profound immigration laws. Just saying
Fair enough

Even Canadians moan about their PM, as do immigrants in the UK as well as Brits born in the UK moaning constantly about the 'state of affairs'

Edo, are you an immigrant to Canada?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:58 pm
Dichotomus tinker

You have an odd fixation with this Wynne person.

Tomorrow I shall ask people around me in the office "did you vote for Wynne?". I'm close to certain that no one will recognize the name

Curious as to the response you received?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

dave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the current debt financing cost for Canada, and it becomes evident that those costs are behind the call from finance ministers for austerity.

"Canadian governments (including local governments) collectively spent an estimated $60.8 billion on interest payments in 2014/15. That works out to 8.1% of their total revenue that year. To further put the amount spent on interest payments in perspective, it is more than what is spent on pension benefits through the Canada and Quebec Pension Plans ($50.9 billion), and approximately equal to Canada’s total public spending on primary and secondary education ($62.2 billion, as of 2012/13, the last year for which we have finalized data)."

For the UK, the current financing costs for its national debt is £43 billion.

This intergenerational debt transfer is behind the justified "can't pay" cry of younger generations-why hospitals, schools and infrastructure are neglected, pensions squeezed, and investment compromised. Someone does have to pay however.

Anybody remember Paul Martin, often described as the best Prime Minister Canada never had? In the late '90s, the Chretien government made a determined effort to curtail spending, and real reductions were made not only in the growth of public spending, but total debt. It was the only time that I can remember when national debt appeared to be taken seriously.

In the UK, George Osborne took a similar course, but he got tossed, and now T. May seems set to open the spigot again with the usual "money is cheap."

Old Jan 16th 2017, 3:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Curious as to the response you received?
There are only five people besides me here this morning. One knew that it was a woman and the position she holds but didn't vote. I don't know if the others are eligible to vote, they don't seem to have done so and they didn't know the name.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

A lobotomised person maybe?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:17 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Edo, are you an immigrant to Canada?
Yep.

So I know my place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.