Questions for PM

Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions for PM

Trudeau is doing a cross-Canada tour of public meetings where anyone can ask him a question. (He won't, of course, give anything approaching a straight answer but we're all used to his ums and ahs and meaningless ramblings.) I'd ask him what he's going to tell the new immigration minister to do to clean up the mess McCallum has left with the ill-planned influx of Syrian refugees left without ESL classes, adequate housing or any alternative but to line up at food banks. I believe the results of this shambles will be dumped on the provinces to deal with but I'd like to hear what Trudeau has to say about it.

Meantime,what question would you ask Trudeau if you could?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions for PM

Mr Prime Minister your Government is good at projecting figures on savings on legislation you have introduced but will take years.
Im being nice and say you will probably be voted in for a 2nd term in October 2019 when you said you would have the budget balanced by 2019.
When you are voted out of office in 2023 could you tell us what the budget deficit will be?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 5:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Prime Minister, how have you managed to re-establish Canada's reputation as a civilised, caring, progressive nation, when you have people like the two previous questioners to deal with?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Prime Minister, how have you managed to re-establish Canada's reputation as a civilised, caring, progressive nation, when you have people like the two previous questioners to deal with?
Although we may have gained the countries reputation back unfortunately these do not pay for the day to day running of the country

Canada's Federal Debt today
Your Share today

Any chance you can sub me 18 grand Novo?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Although we may have gained the countries reputation back unfortunately these do not pay for the day to day running of the country

Your Share today

I'm a little strapped for cash these days being retired and on a fixed income, somthing both the Province and Feds don't seem to concern themselves with on implemting their 'we are good guys' taxes. Perhaps Novo could sub me too?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The news was making it seems McCallum did just a super duper job on the Syrian refugees that he got a better position as Ambassador or something?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The news was making it seems McCallum did just a super duper job on the Syrian refugees that he got a better position as Ambassador or something?
Ambassador to China. I was somewhat relieved when he was taken out of the Immigration portfolio and thought that the appointment to China was a bit strange until they they mentioned his wife is Chinese.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

Your Share today

Sure no problem. Just send me your bank details.

Did you know that you owed more under Harper?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 10:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Prime Minister, you know the Aga Khan; has he ever sent you a racehorse, for Christmas (or on any other festive occasion)?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Sure no problem. Just send me your bank details.

Did you know that you owed more under Harper?
Yes I did and I didn't support him either but agreed with a couple of his failed policies. I also agree with some of Trudeaus policies as well so I don't know what that makes me.

I saw this comment on the CBC article about how this woman confronted Trudeau at one of his open town hall forums he is currently embarking on about hey hydro bills in Ontario.
Watch this Ontario mother's powerful plea to Justin Trudeau on soaring hydro bills - Toronto - CBC News

The real problem is that politicians and others in position of power (no matter the party) are wealthy in comparison to the average person.

When energy prices increase by 50 or 100 dollars a month, it is meaningless to most politicians. For them $50, $100 or even $200 extra month is not a budget issue. They can afford the increase and don't understand why people are "anti-environmental" or oppose green energy, Politicians don't have to make a choice between hydro bills and other expenses. Trudeau and other politicians (no matter the party) don't live average lives, don't have average salaries, and don't have average concerns,

I tend to think a lot of us agree with that comment. Justin is a media star at the moment and the honeymoon is not quite over yet. Oh he is good with his speeches and how he understands this and that but as someone else put it he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and since graduating and before coming the PM what was his track record in the outside world?

Justin attended the same school as his father, the Jesuit-run College Jean-de-Brebeuf. He went on to study literature at McGill University, earning his bachelor's degree in 1994. Among many jobs he took on during these years included being a nightclub bouncer in British Columbia, a snowboard and white water rafting instructor, a radio host and math teacher. Justin would go on to pursue a degree in education at the University of British Columbia. He completed his degree in 1998—the same year that tragedy struck his family. His youngest brother Michel died in an avalanche. In the wake of this loss, Justin became involved in promoting avalanche safety.

Actions speak louder than words.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC Politics even made the NY Times recently. Justin Trudeau is also mentioned briefly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/w...lark.html?_r=0

Based on salaries the Premier makes, and the way they run things in BC for the poor/disabled/etc seems politicians are just not in touch with reality and what policies would help people the most. hint not making disabled live in poverty would be a start.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 14th 2017 at 11:10 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:50 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Justin Pierre James Trudeau PC MP, current Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the Liberal Party, you could do so much to make the lives of the average canadian so much better.. why don't you do it?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Justin Pierre James Trudeau PC MP, current Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the Liberal Party, you could do so much to make the lives of the average canadian so much better.. why don't you do it?
Come on, Canadians knew he was a liberal when they voted for him. They shouldn't be surprised if he's a disaster for the country.

Certainly I can't imagine how he's possibly going to stand up to President Trump. He'll cry if Trump doesn't let Trudeau take a selfie with him.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 12:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Come on, Canadians knew he was a liberal when they voted for him. They shouldn't be surprised if he's a disaster for the country.

Certainly I can't imagine how he's possibly going to stand up to President Trump. He'll cry if Trump doesn't let Trudeau take a selfie with him.

Would you rather live in a country where the head of government was Trudeau or Trump?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Would you rather live in a country where the head of government was Trudeau or Trump?
I'd rather live in a country where people voted for Trudeau, than one where they voted for Trump. The intention
Is everything. I might not agree with every action that Obama or Trudeau took/take, but I will never agree with the intention of Harper/Trump. In the end though what every country in the world needs, in the age of 'populism' is a government where no group feels left behind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.