Quake in Italy

Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:46 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quake in Italy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7987698.stm

Such a shame.

The city was predominantly built in the 13th century irreplaceable really.

Has anyone ever visited this part of the of the world?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quake in Italy

Originally Posted by livermanl
Has anyone ever visited this part of the of the world?
I'm about 50 miles from there at the moment; I was planning to visit l'Aqula before I flew back to Canada, but it's a bit late now!

Just hoping that the aftershocks we've had are just aftershocks and not going to become something worse.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:54 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
I'm about 50 miles from there at the moment; I was planning to visit l'Aqula before I flew back to Canada, but it's a bit late now!

Just hoping that the aftershocks we've had are just aftershocks and not going to become something worse.
You must be pretty relieved that your plans didn't coincide with the tragedy!

That's a little scary when you think about it.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
You must be pretty relieved that your plans didn't coincide with the tragedy!
Yeah, true, though I think that most of the people killed were inside buildings that fell down.

We did have to evacuate the building this morning due to another quake, but it didn't cause any damage this time, unlike the big one; we only just fixed our satellite antenna, so hopefully it won't get broken again.