Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The proof that Brit and Can Cadburys is different...

The proof that Brit and Can Cadburys is different...

Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The proof that Brit and Can Cadburys is different...

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Thanks...But I wouldn't be able to tell.
Surely babsi could advise?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Surely babsi could advise?
I'm sure she could teach me to play better tennis but not to eat better choc.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The taste of food all depends on what your used to, the north american chocolate tastes fine to me, but its what I am used to.

When I was in Australia I didn't care for some of the candy there, and the British chocolate thats been brought back from the UK by family tastes funny to me, I didn't care for it much.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:36 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
There is sometimes in a woman's life that only British Cadburys chocolate will do
oh yes!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The taste of food all depends on what your used to, the north american chocolate tastes fine to me, but its what I am used to.

When I was in Australia I didn't care for some of the candy there, and the British chocolate thats been brought back from the UK by family tastes funny to me, I didn't care for it much.
I agree. I've got used to Canadian chocolate now, and last time I went back to the UK the British chocolate was too sickly for me.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:20 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

Cadbury's chocolate is the finest in the world.
I loved it when in the UK and I'm happy to saw that it's available here.
I know Cadbury has a factory in Jakarta but I don't know if they import the raw materials from the UK.
It's expensive by local standards so maybe.
I do know that when I want a taste of home I wander into an Indomarket and buy a bar.
Been looking for a good Indian restaurant but I'm buggered if I can find one and the Chinese places are all crap around here so it's my only lifeline.

CADBURY

Added. The local chocolate brands taste better on the way out. Well I'm guessing so.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 11:26 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Many, many well-known brands are produced under licence close to market and to suit local preferences/conditions. Coke is a good example, as are Marlboro cigs. I saw Heinz tomato ketchup in Kuwait that was made in Egypt.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Many, many well-known brands are produced under licence close to market and to suit local preferences/conditions. Coke is a good example, as are Marlboro cigs. I saw Heinz tomato ketchup in Kuwait that was made in Egypt.
A lot of Ribena (especially the larger size bottles) here in Canada has chinese writing on it....is it shipped from the UK to HK and then on to Canada.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by clynnog
A lot of Ribena (especially the larger size bottles) here in Canada has chinese writing on it....is it shipped from the UK to HK and then on to Canada.
I think that Ribena is only made in the UK. The label has nothing to do with it. The stuff shipped to Canada is likely the same as that shipped to HK. When I buy power tools, the instructions are almost always in English, French and Spanish.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

My only advice is to read the label and not buy it if it is made/produced in Canada

And it is not just British food that is the issue for me, it is good quality food and that is something hard to find here. Maybe I am just too picky but there are quite a few things with hardly any taste, I don't mind mayo here but anywhere else it is too strong. Spicy food is hard to find, you go to an Indian and ask for a hot curry and I can eat it no problems, most other places I couldn't.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi
My only advice is to read the label and not buy it if it is made/produced in Canada

And it is not just British food that is the issue for me, it is good quality food and that is something hard to find here. Maybe I am just too picky but there are quite a few things with hardly any taste, I don't mind mayo here but anywhere else it is too strong. Spicy food is hard to find, you go to an Indian and ask for a hot curry and I can eat it no problems, most other places I couldn't.

make up your mind what you want girl,,
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:14 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Many, many well-known brands are produced under licence close to market and to suit local preferences/conditions. Coke is a good example
I think this mainly comes from Columbia
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
I think this mainly comes from Columbia
I think you'll find that it comes from Colombia. Columbia (British) has a different product.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:18 am
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
You dont understand this post ??? hell i dont understand the mentality of brits that emigrate to where ever then spend hours trying to buy british products. Wether its chocolate,sausages,oxo,marmite or god knows what for crap,then when they find it, it's not the same Then it becomes a thread on BE, so more can join in and lament
It's only the chocolate I miss. (well maybe the indian and chinese snap)
It's because I'm a fat bastard and enjoy being so.

Last edited by fred uk; Apr 14th 2009 at 10:21 am.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

i found the coca cola bottled in eastern europe tasted different to uk bottled and a lot cheaper.
it was cheaper to buy/transport from ukraine to uk than buy at wakefield/east kilbride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.