Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Mar 13th 2021, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Don't shoot the messenger time

Now according to several UK daily rags and the internet someone has set up a Go Fund Me page for Meg & Harry. The object is to raise funds to pay off their 10 million mortgage.
I had to reach for the Kleenex box when I read this line quoted from the articles
"When they came to the USA they were without jobs and with limited funds.

Anyway the amount I will be donating can be summed up in 2 words comprising of 4 and 3 letters.
Old Mar 13th 2021, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 13th 2021, 4:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There was another "https://ca.gofundme.com/f/harry-and-meghan-5-to-pay-off-mortgage" but it's been taken down as well, thank goodness! .
Sorry, we can't find that campaign. Please check the link URL and try again.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 5:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
The whole concept of the monarch is to appear outwardly solid and strong, that is the basis of it and what formed the foundation of England then later Britain as a country, beginning over a 1000 years ago. This is what royal protocol has been based upon ever since, and that’s what the Queen has always portrayed, you obviously can't or don’t want to see that, but thats your opinion.

The matters that were revealed in this interview are private family matters. as the Queen said in her statement. Have you ever seen the Queen appearing on frivolous chat shows putting on the puppy dog eyes to whine about something she doesn't like and complain about everything and everyone around her except herself? no because she has dignity, and gets on with the duty she was born to do. It’s the Queens’s family that have let her down….this latest debacle being one of them. I think William and Kate are the only hope after the Queen.

Meghan or "Me-again" is playing the victim card, for something she voluntary signed up for, shes certainly not that naïve. Im sure it was tough for her just like it was for Kate, but did she publicly complain? We all need times we need to lean on someone, but I don’t understand the need to tell the world and trash the family she chose to marry into on some chat show….just because it wasn’t what she wanted, the look at me the injured victim stance. Harry is no better, why couldn’t they just move on with their new lives and be happy. This is how modern “celebrity” (and thats all she is a B list celebrity) society operates now, and I am tired of this victim mentality that we are increasingly seeing nowadays, ... .Meghan does it so well, she sure sucked in a lot of the Americans, but then that’s hardly surprising, albeit sadly baffling.
It seems that the main problem was that Megan didn't fully appreciate the role and the artifice that comes with the role. One would have to have a royalty fetish to fully sign up to all the curtseying, formality and hierachy in the palace, and clearly the California girl could only suspend disbelief so much. Equally, the day job is not exactly glamorous, attending to charity after charity in dismal British towns, with not much more to do than small talk and a photo shoot. Where I think she and Haz went wrong was self-obsessed whinging on Oprah, had they just transitioned into a new trans-Atlantic role with good humour, there would be far less of a fall out for both sides.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It seems that the main problem was that Megan didn't fully appreciate the role and the artifice that comes with the role. One would have to have a royalty fetish to fully sign up to all the curtseying, formality and hierachy in the palace, and clearly the California girl could only suspend disbelief so much. Equally, the day job is not exactly glamorous, attending to charity after charity in dismal British towns, with not much more to do than small talk and a photo shoot. Where I think she and Haz went wrong was self-obsessed whinging on Oprah, had they just transitioned into a new trans-Atlantic role with good humour, there would be far less of a fall out for both sides.
Her self obsessed whinging to Oprah, followed her self obsessed whinging in one of the world’s poorest countries towards the end of 2019. Yup she is self obsessed...to the point of fabricating ‘poor me’ stories.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 6:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Her self obsessed whinging to Oprah, followed her self obsessed whinging in one of the world’s poorest countries towards the end of 2019. Yup she is self obsessed...to the point of fabricating ‘poor me’ stories.
Do you consider yourself obsessed with Harry and Meghan?
Old Mar 14th 2021, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Do you consider yourself obsessed with Harry and Meghan?
judging by the number of posts you have made in this thread...it seems we are both equally obsessed...or not.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 11:05 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She seems to have trained Harry to get in on the 'poor me' game too.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I think they could have been forgiven for just wanting out and going to live their lives privately, but then appearing on some stupid chat show, spilling their guts and making wild accusations is what doesn't sit right with people, its all her doing, as that's what shes about, but Harry is so weak willed it doesn't make him any better.

I don't see how anyone could have been that naive as to not know what they were letting themselves in for by marrying a senior royal, unless she was more ignorant than anyone thought. I think it was more of wanting the royal status and none of the duty. I think we most can see now, that this silly stunt has backfired on them. If they have any sense they will go off and live their lives and hear nothing more from them, but Meghan being Meghan this wont happen. She craves the attention.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I think they could have been forgiven for just wanting out and going to live their lives privately, but then appearing on some stupid chat show, spilling their guts and making wild accusations is what doesn't sit right with people, its all her doing, as that's what shes about, but Harry is so weak willed it doesn't make him any better.

I don't see how anyone could have been that naive as to not know what they were letting themselves in for by marrying a senior royal, unless she was more ignorant than anyone thought. I think it was more of wanting the royal status and none of the duty. I think we most can see now, that this silly stunt has backfired on them. If they have any sense they will go off and live their lives and hear nothing more from them, but Meghan being Meghan this wont happen. She craves the attention.
Perfect summary.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 2:28 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just Meghan though, Harry is just as bad. He wants to give up the royal "duties" but retain all the ceremonial military positions and the titles.

They are thick as mince, the whole family, and their sense of entitlement is absolutely nauseating. The family gets an easy ride (in my opinion) because so many people have a sense of respect for the Queen. Once she goes, I really do hope it is open season on the rest of the over-privileged parasites.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
It's not just Meghan though, Harry is just as bad. He wants to give up the royal "duties" but retain all the ceremonial military positions and the titles.

They are thick as mince, the whole family, and their sense of entitlement is absolutely nauseating. The family gets an easy ride (in my opinion) because so many people have a sense of respect for the Queen. Once she goes, I really do hope it is open season on the rest of the over-privileged parasites.
I wish you wouldn't be sitting on the fence so much. Tell us how you really think

I'm fine with the whole institution being dismantled after the Queen goes or reduce it to down to the level of the Dutch or Spanish royal families....and get rid of the 'grey men' who work in the corridors at Buckingham Palace.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 7:27 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

My high opinion of the Queen is rather tarnished by the revelations that she and Charles blocked legislation that affected revealed their wealth. Buckingham Palace denies this of course. I never liked the Queen Mother, ugh. Harry complaining that Daddy cut him off so they could only "do this" because he had money left to him by his mother. Must be awful when you're down to your last $20million.
As for the conversation about Archie's skin tone, it would be despicable if it were in a disparaging way of course but woukdnt it be acceptable if it were discussed in the same way as "I wonder if he will be ginger?" Families do wonder what the kid will look like.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't believe much of what has been said during this interview. The only motivation is financial gain, at the cost of the Royal Family, most likely instigated by Meghan in return of what she described "racist behaviour". To date nothing is proven that the colour of her skin or that of her child was ever in discussion. It's only her own statement. If it becomes a legal matter it can easily be "word against word".

I would also predict that the marriage between Meghan and Harry will probably go sour at some point and end in a divorce and Harry returning to the UK. I am not quite alone with that prediction.

Incidentally, wasn't it Harry who once dressed up in a Nazi uniform? Any child knows that the Nazis weren't the good guys, so there is no excuse here. So who's the racist here around here?
Old Mar 16th 2021, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I wouldn't believe much of what has been said during this interview. The only motivation is financial gain, at the cost of the Royal Family, most likely instigated by Meghan in return of what she described "racist behaviour". To date nothing is proven that the colour of her skin or that of her child was ever in discussion. It's only her own statement. If it becomes a legal matter it can easily be "word against word".

I would also predict that the marriage between Meghan and Harry will probably go sour at some point and end in a divorce and Harry returning to the UK. I am not quite alone with that prediction.

Incidentally, wasn't it Harry who once dressed up in a Nazi uniform? Any child knows that the Nazis weren't the good guys, so there is no excuse here. So who's the racist here around here?
He also referred to one of his army colleagues as a Paki. Way to go Haz.

Gale King announced on the CBS chat show this morning, that she has spoken to H&M. Haz has spoken to his dad and brother but the talks were unproductive. How low can they go...airing a private family telephone conversation to a morning chat show person?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 16th 2021 at 2:18 pm. Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.