Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Feb 28th 2020, 11:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by scilly
I saw 2 or 3 media articles on line, large photo showing Harry in Edinburgh or arriving in Edinburgh, with an inset of Meghan saying "Inset, Meghan in London".

I admit that I did not read the Meghan bit any further, just assumed that it meant she was in London at the same time.

It has been said that she is due in London in early March when she will be undertaking visits to her private and Royal-appointed charities.
I wonder if Harry has flown back across the pond. On NBC they have just reported that Megan will join Harry when they return to England next month,
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

How long will the Telegraph remain on the favoured media list of callmeHarry and the Duchess with this type of article...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...t-life-meghan/
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's the life they have to lead if they want to be celebrities earning millions and millions per year.

It's Harry I feel sorry for!
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's the life they have chosen to lead........ nobody forced them to do so..... well, perhaps Harry might be forced... but the other one perhaps not so much
Old Mar 5th 2020, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

So both Meghan and Harry are in London, seen this morning leaving a hotel that is very close to Buckingham Palace, that can cost up to £8,000 a NIGHT

............. so said the MailOnLine
Old Mar 6th 2020, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's the life they have chosen to lead........ nobody forced them to do so..... well, perhaps Harry might be forced... but the other one perhaps not so much
I heard callmearry described as a “simp” today.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 3:39 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

She did rock her Tiffany blue dress though ! I feel a bit sorry for them, stuck out on Vancouver Island when they could be living (not just like but as) royalty (!) in London. Even the BBC newsreporter expressed "puzzlement" as why Harry belives he had to leave. I wonder if they'll be back in a year's time.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
She did rock her Tiffany blue dress though ! I feel a bit sorry for them, stuck out on Vancouver Island when they could be living (not just like but as) royalty (!) in London. Even the BBC newsreporter expressed "puzzlement" as why Harry belives he had to leave. I wonder if they'll be back in a year's time.
Very polished look and performance. They can be stars of their own spin off franchise. Pulling that off to Hollywood standards as they hit their 40s could well be a challenge for them though.

JAN MOIR gives her take on Harry and Meghan's final journey
https://mol.im/a/8084475
Old Mar 7th 2020, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimf
Very polished look and performance. They can be stars of their own spin off franchise. Pulling that off to Hollywood standards as they hit their 40s could well be a challenge for them though.

JAN MOIR gives her take on Harry and Meghan's final journey
https://mol.im/a/8084475

What a great article, and well-written! I thought it a very balanced description of what has happened.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 4:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a great article, and well-written! I thought it a very balanced description of what has happened.
I agree in part and I also do not agree in part with that article. For my part , I cannot stand duplicity.

Originally Posted by article
All I hope for the future is that they are honest about the scope of their ambition and intent — and desist from blaming Britain for the bruising separation that has set them free
... and pay their own way entirely. No taxpayer funds.

btw - I thought the shift dress ,which has been around forever , was named as a Victoria Beckham design --> y'know , the celeb folks at the mega million pound ( security and all that ) wedding paid for by the UK taxpayer when they had no intention of remaining Royal.. Why that would be deemed a design I do not know. I still have a Simplicity dress pattern for that. Could have made mega $$

Ugh again.

*sigh*

TBH even the photo kind of gets my goat. So Hollywood stage set staged. Light - raindrops - Action ! We're just missing a jump and skip around a lamppost. Ugh.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 7th 2020 at 4:53 am.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 5:52 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I read the whole thing, and thought it was more of a poison-pen letter, containing several of the talking points and speculation voiced by the outraged mob that has made a crusade out of running them down, and was written with them in mind, despite her description of how she cheered at the wedding. It's a tabloid article written in the style of an entertainment magazine gossip column, heavy on innuendo and veiled insults, and light on news.
I know a couple who had a bitter divorce after a long marriage, and she listed off his long list of short-comings to anyone who would listen, and even sued for possession of their little dog and got it (she hated the dog and was actually allergic to it, but knew he loved it). Now, 25 years on, he's with a loving partner and his ex still badmouths him. She just can't come to terms with the fact that he dare have a happy life.
In this parable Harry and Meghan is my friend Ken, and the pack of critics that think they have some claim or right to judge them is the bitch Diane. He didn't leave her, she drove him away all on her own.
I saw Ken yesterday and we had a good talk; it was nice to catch up.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Both of them have shirked the duties that they knew they had to adhere to whether they like it or not.
Oh, nonsense, neither was born into indentured servitude, nor (in Meghan's case) became bound to it by marriage.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
She did rock her ... blue dress
Agreed. The umbrella photo is gorgeous.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I read the whole thing, and thought it was more of a poison-pen letter, containing several of the talking points and speculation voiced by the outraged mob that has made a crusade out of running them down.
I couldn't be arsed to read it but Jan Moir has form for exactly that.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:41 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Very balanced article on H&M and their travails.

It must be hard for Megan, a successful American actress to have to put up with the idiosyncracies of royal life and onging drudgery. She's faulted for being 'abover her station' in the UK, but I think she's entitled to change her mind on the so called Firm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.