Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Sep 29th 2011, 1:08 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
She wishes to ride western. Her bigger sister has a thoroughbred/Morgan cross and rides English. They both entered their first shows recently and loved it. Expensive times ahead!
Can we expect to see you on TV shortly doing 'ambulance-chaser' adverts to drum up business?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Can we expect to see you on TV shortly doing 'ambulance-chaser' adverts to drum up business?
Nah. It wouldn't work. The locals would require subtitles to understand what I was saying and the Brits would spit at me

I'll just keep splitting up what were once happy families. Many of whom operate in your business - lots of money, too much time spent away - I am sure you see it everyday
Old Sep 29th 2011, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the two of them. The quarter horse is 15:2 and the thoroughbred/morgan is 16.2, or so I am told
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-two-horses.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the two of them. The quarter horse is 15:2 and the thoroughbred/morgan is 16.2, or so I am told
Do you always wear your hair in a pony tail, AC?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:27 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just keep splitting up what were once happy families. Many of whom operate in your business - lots of money, too much time spent away - I am sure you see it everyday
I'm sure there are just as many marriages that benefit from lots of money and some time apart. Anyway, it's nothing to do with the business you work in... it's all about choosing the right person and doing what it takes to make it work, as a team. Anything else is just excuses.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:28 pm
Lowering the tone

The driver of the white horse has left it's handbrake on.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I'm sure there are just as many marriages that benefit from lots of money and some time apart. Anyway, it's nothing to do with the business you work in... it's all about choosing the right person and doing what it takes to make it work, as a team. Anything else is just excuses.
It wasn't intended to be a dig at you or your work colleagues, I am just amazed at the numbers of people I see whose story goes: I got a job in the oilpatch, went north, earned lots of money, bought a house in Calgary, met a girl, moved her in, placed her on title, we have now split up and I want to get her out.

What is bizarre is that some of them come back every year or so, having done the same thing over and over. Nuts
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by el_richo
Do you always wear your hair in a pony tail, AC?
I did in my Michael Jackson days. Now I am, dare I say, follicly challenged
Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:56 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't intended to be a dig at you or your work colleagues, I am just amazed at the numbers of people I see whose story goes: I got a job in the oilpatch, went north, earned lots of money, bought a house in Calgary, met a girl, moved her in, placed her on title, we have now split up and I want to get her out.

What is bizarre is that some of them come back every year or so, having done the same thing over and over. Nuts
Wasnt there a popular online cartoon regarding fancy trucks, oil workers and this phenomenon... someone posted a link here not all that long ago
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:08 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly the last one I took but this is Mount Robson, the highest point in the Rockies. I took this a few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-mount-robson.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my new car just come home, I'm really excited for OH to get it going and to take it for a spin, I may have to wait for the spring now, hopefully not though...I'm also hoping he teaches me a little when he starts some of the resto work needed...
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-2011_0925capri0003.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-2011_0925capri0004.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:35 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Wasnt there a popular online cartoon regarding fancy trucks, oil workers and this phenomenon... someone posted a link here not all that long ago
http://iworkatsite.com/
Old Sep 29th 2011, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Here is my new car just come home, I'm really excited for OH to get it going and to take it for a spin, I may have to wait for the spring now, hopefully not though...I'm also hoping he teaches me a little when he starts some of the resto work needed...
very nice indeed!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 9:47 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ergyngfeld
very nice indeed!
Thank you
Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:07 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheadboy
back to business...here's my little buddy, he hates me right now. Recovering from his 2nd eye operation for cherry eye, he hates wearing the cone.
Awww ... he's gorgeous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.