Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Thanks, parts of it are great & like anywhere, other parts are grim ... 'snowfreeness' was high on my wish list when we emigrated though
There were a fair few dogs paddling/swimming downtown yesterday, I bet Henry would love it
Just come back from the dog park with Henry - he's ok as long as it's snowy or dry, wet? Forget it! He will only get his paws wet if he has to. He has refused to walk in a puddle, to the point we've had to go back the way we came from

We're thinking snowfreeness in a couple of years, just slowly starting to get some ideas together
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:45 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Just come back from the dog park with Henry - he's ok as long as it's snowy or dry, wet? Forget it! He will only get his paws wet if he has to. He has refused to walk in a puddle, to the point we've had to go back the way we came from

We're thinking snowfreeness in a couple of years, just slowly starting to get some ideas together
Ha! silly mutt ... will your snow free thoughts include Van/Van Island or are you thinking somewhere else altogether? (sorry, bit nosey eh?)
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:10 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! silly mutt ... will your snow free thoughts include Van/Van Island or are you thinking somewhere else altogether? (sorry, bit nosey eh?)
More Van Island than Van, also thinking Penticton type areas. The other train of thought is the east coast for summer and somewhere warm for winter. Daughter still has two years of school, but we have decided to start consolidating our belongings Everything depends on when our second home sells though, we may have to sell up in Red Deer and move out to Alix once DD finishes school and still keep the Alix home up for sale. Your pics always make me wistful for the Island.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Either you are a 1st class hipster or delusional into thinking that PBR is a quality beverage.....however you slice it that is a lot of PBR to get through.
The other dreadful stuff the university students seem to consume by the gallon is Mickey's malt liquor.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:39 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Was in Disney Orlando in January with the family where I ran 3 races back to back, daughter and son visited the Harry Potter exhibition, did magic kingdom, Hollywood studios, animal kingdom et al and got to run through them during the races

Our hotel

Race shirts and medals

Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Now the reality shot.

Second shot same as first but converted to black & white...not much change is there. It's been like this for a week now and is supposed to last another three days, really depressing
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0109a.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0109b.jpg  
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iaink
Taken monday. Not pretty or well done, but it tells a story

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...m/IMG_3475.JPG
good thing you have a subaru, then!!!!!!!!!

that's what the dash looks like, anyways!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:47 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Now the reality shot.

Second shot same as first but converted to black & white...not much change is there. It's been like this for a week now and is supposed to last another three days, really depressing
Come & move here, the rain is a myth ... Oh, don't forget to bring Piff Poff & Henry with you
Old Mar 26th 2011, 3:00 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Come & move here, the rain is a myth ... Oh, don't forget to bring Piff Poff & Henry with you
The rain is in no way a myth. I've been there in March numerous times.

Besides my family is all in Calgary.

I love to visit but could never live there.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 3:07 am

I have just spent the past two nights searching property and business's and weather and things to do and jobs and ferry crossings
Old Mar 27th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Essay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to all

As I've seen some Edmonton bashing, I think it only fair to present some of the glorious views I've been lucky enough to capture recently
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-edmonton-sunrise.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-edmonton-industry-work.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:07 pm
Bristolish expat

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I have just spent the past two nights searching property and business's and weather and things to do and jobs and ferry crossings
Yay, I feel a playdate coming on
Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:13 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I wouldn't post pictures of me or my family...treasuring some degree of anonymity and all that. But, my 2 year old wanted to go feed the ducks this morning and it was a bit chilly, so we bunded her up. I think her identity is well protected.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-198116_10150125931437399_620442398_6885905_5546583_n.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Normally I wouldn't post pictures of me or my family...treasuring some degree of anonymity and all that. But, my 2 year old wanted to go feed the ducks this morning and it was a bit chilly, so we bunded her up. I think her identity is well protected.
Getting that Canadian sense of fashion established early I see.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:46 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Practicality over fashion any day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.