PM Boris

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 1:13 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by dbd33
I just came across a comment on another talkboard which seems relevant here:
Wanting to come together over Brexit is like someone shitting the bed and asking you hop in to share the humiliation.
I suspect the real reason they want Remainers on board is so that when things go ass over tit, they can blame it on Remainers and say, "Look, you signed up to this."
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 12:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I suspect the real reason they want Remainers on board is so that when things go ass over tit, they can blame it on Remainers and say, "Look, you signed up to this."
It's all going to get a bit awkward for Johnson now. In order to move his US negotiations along he'll have to join Donnie's-Great-Re-election-Military-Adventure. Doing so will make him look like Tony Blair..
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 1:43 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
[/left][/left][/left][/left][/left][/left][/left]
Ultimately they'll still continue to blame immigrants.

It'll be particularly unpleasant if you are a non-white remainer or from Europe.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:12 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It's also going to be unpleasant if you're a Brit who works in Europe.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
It's also going to be unpleasant if you're a Brit who works in Europe.
In what way will this be unpleasant?
E.g. in Austria your co-workers and neighbors and ppl in general will not like you any less because of Brexit.
They feel sorry for the Brits for having such a comedy of a government.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 11:46 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
In what way will this be unpleasant?
E.g. in Austria your co-workers and neighbors and ppl in general will not like you any less because of Brexit.
They feel sorry for the Brits for having such a comedy of a government.
Unpleasant in the sense of perhaps losing one's job. I live in the UK but work in the EU which is only possible because of the rights of freedom of movement that come with membership of the EU. Come 31 January, it is entirely possible that I no longer have the right to travel to the EU to work.

Which will be unpleasant.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Unpleasant in the sense of perhaps losing one's job. I live in the UK but work in the EU which is only possible because of the rights of freedom of movement that come with membership of the EU. Come 31 January, it is entirely possible that I no longer have the right to travel to the EU to work.

Which will be unpleasant.
I would call it inconvenient.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 6:44 am
Lowering the tone

That's rather callous. Perhaps factory owners should hire you as their spokesman.

"Today we announce that, due to our being able to make cars cheaper in Romania, this British factory will close immediately, with 3,500 employees being inconvenienced."
Old Jan 8th 2020, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Ursula Van Der Leyen to meet Boris today. She has raised 6 kids so she'll have no trouble managing Boris!
Old Jan 15th 2020, 7:44 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fed up with hearing about Meghan so I thought I'd bump our hero back into the limelight.
The BBC tells me that in order to get Big Ben to bong on Brexit Day would take a cool half mill sterling.
Seems to me that Boris and JRM with a couple of sledge hammers could do the job for a lot less.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I'm fed up with hearing about Meghan so I thought I'd bump our hero back into the limelight.
The BBC tells me that in order to get Big Ben to bong on Brexit Day would take a cool half mill sterling.
Seems to me that Boris and JRM with a couple of sledge hammers could do the job for a lot less.
Here's one for free....
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 2:27 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Bojo marches on...
The EU Bill, which paves the way for the country to leave the bloc on 31 January, is now awaiting royal assent.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dave_j
Bojo marches on...
The EU Bill, which paves the way for the country to leave the bloc on 31 January, is now awaiting royal assent.
Don't trust him, Ma'am.... Remember, he lied to you before,as well.....
Old Jan 25th 2020, 2:42 am
Listen to the Music

All gone quiet but...
"Boris Johnson has signed the Brexit withdrawal agreement in Downing Street."
Gotta keep this thread going.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 12:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It got Royal Assent, and has been signed off by the council of ministers in Brussels, it now awaits ratification by the EU Parliament on the 29th January, the the biggest mistake since the end of WW2 has finally occured.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.