PM Boris

Old Dec 13th 2019, 9:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Happy Brexmas everyone still in England
And a month of marker-top shits for everyone who voted Tory
Old Dec 13th 2019, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Brexmas everyone still in England
May your camel have many fleas, and may your mother-in-law stay for a long time.

From Wales.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Dec 13th 2019 at 9:28 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 9:55 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing the two above were not part of the landslide winning vote side ?
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing the two above were not part of the landslide winning vote side ?
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:06 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

On a wider discussion, I'm tempted to ask the question what the result of an election would have been had the remain side not been so fixated on an anti-Boris policy and voted to allow his deal to pass the commons when they had the chance.
The election would not then have been all about brexit but how to choose who would best implement what would have been a done deal.
These what-ifs will no doubt eat away at the 'what might have been if only' policy makers' craniums for some time to come.
I'm tempted to wonder whether it was poor dogmatic choices that gifted the tories their thumping majority after all, as May found to her horror, the nation isn't necessarily pro-tory.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:12 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
On a wider discussion, I'm tempted to ask the question what the result of an election would have been had the remain side not been so fixated on an anti-Boris policy and voted to allow his deal to pass the commons when they had the chance.
The election would not then have been all about brexit but how to choose who would best implement what would have been a done deal.
These what-ifs will no doubt eat away at the 'what might have been if only' policy makers' craniums for some time to come.
I'm tempted to wonder whether it was poor dogmatic choices that gifted the tories their thumping majority after all, as May found to her horror, the nation isn't necessarily pro-tory.
But but but ..... The deal did pass and then .... Johnson pulled it back and shouted ELECTION !
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I didn't realise the media were anti Corbyn? thats the first I have heard of it. People just didn't want what he was offering...and his appointed shadow home secretary.... she was a an embarassment, I used to have to watch her from behind a cushion it was so cringeworthy, her alone was enough to put people off voting labour....
You obviously haven't been reading any, or listening to news and news type programmes on the BBC, like Question Time and others like it, They have been so anti Corbyn, tbe people who book the panel, the audience and questions are a company formed from Tory supporters, the opinion poll they have been reporting almost exclusively was started by someone who is currently a Tory MP, and his friends, the MP has left the company, well at least is claimed to have left.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I am not as convinced as you are that he won't be able to get it done.
If, in fact, Johnson proves able to deliver both Brexit and prosperity, in the form of the improvements to the NHS he has mentioned, then I shall be obliged to concede the man's brilliance. Rather than eating my hat, I shall further my career by following his method. I suspect I shall enjoy borderline alcoholism and I know I like reckless fornication so, while some humble pie is involved, it's not all bad.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

One way I could see a future for UK post Brexit is to adopt a sort of Singapore tax haven/investment hub type model. There are definitely ways to make the best of the situation, but whether a country of 70 million can be as nimble as a country of 6 million is hard to determine.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 10:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If, in fact, Johnson proves able to deliver both Brexit and prosperity, in the form of the improvements to the NHS he has mentioned, then I shall be obliged to concede the man's brilliance. Rather than eating my hat, I shall further my career by following his method. I suspect I shall enjoy borderline alcoholism and I know I like reckless fornication so, while some humble pie is involved, it's not all bad.
I do suspect all the promises regarding the NHS etc were all electioneering, and very little will be done. You have to realise that the 50,000 niurses included 20,000 they hoped to persuade not to leave, and a further 20,000 are strongly rumoured to be more like the 'cadet' nurses or auxilliary nurses who have gone through much less training and unable to do many of the things trained nurses can do. If you take into account the number of highly trained nurses that have left or will be leaving due to Brexit the actual increase may well be a cut in real terms. Doctors take 7 years training, so increasing the intake in medical schools will not affect the numbers for at least 7 years, and for GPs a further 2 years. What needs to be done re nurses is to reintroduce the bursary, trainee numbers halved when the bursary was removed.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 12:24 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
But but but ..... The deal did pass and then .... Johnson pulled it back and shouted ELECTION !
As you say, it did pass one reading before being 'Paused'. It was a difficult decision facing the opposition in that timescales were short and scrutiny severely limited.
I was simply posing the question how reaction to an election might have changed should the bill have been allowed to pass into law.

Old Dec 14th 2019, 12:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

On a wider discussion, I'm tempted to ask the question what the result of an election would have been had the remain side not been so fixated on an anti-Boris policy...
You write that as if only one side was "so fixated on an anti-leader policy"...like the leave side was not fixated on (scaring people about) Corbyn.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 1:25 am
Listen to the Music

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You write that as if only one side was "so fixated on an anti-leader policy"...like the leave side was not fixated on (scaring people about) Corbyn.
As you suggest both sides were highly motivated.. but I was wondering how an election result would have been affected if brexit had been nudged out of the equation. The opposition faced a difficult decision and one option was to stand aside but the accelerated timescale was rejected and the bill paused.
Like most political decision making, the rights or wrongs of the issue are seldom considered. Had the opposition been in power they might well have behaved equally, so I strongly suggest the rejection was political and centered on the personality of Johnson and his party.
I made no judgement as to whether the outcome would have been different.

Old Dec 14th 2019, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

As you suggest both sides were highly motivated.. but I was wondering how an election result would have been affected if brexit had been nudged out of the equation. The opposition faced a difficult decision and one option was to stand aside but the accelerated timescale was rejected and the bill paused.
Like most political decision making, the rights or wrongs of the issue are seldom considered. Had the opposition been in power they might well have behaved equally, so I strongly suggest the rejection was political and centered on the personality of Johnson and his party.
I made no judgement as to whether the outcome would have been different.
There'd been a strong and consistent campaign against Corbyn by the Tories, a majority of the media, and sections of his own party since the day Corbyn was elected leader by Labour members. That, along with the consistent narrative from those same sources on anti-semitism (which though a serious subject which should be dealt with), in many cases was reasonable criticism of Israel being stopped by claims of anti-semitism.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

So many theories for the collapse of the labour vote. From where I'm standing, Corbyn's (and McDonell's) blatant Marxist policies, and terrorist sympathy's might have had something to do with it.....just an opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.