PM Boris

Old Sep 11th 2019, 4:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Shard
You've never heard a leave voter claim that Europe makes all our laws? Did you not take any taxis?! Racist comments are harder to come by, but they are there, coded in one way or another. Definitely heard comments about armies and Turks, even from friends. It's all in the Daily Express anyway, it would be surprising if readers did not pick up on some of it. I think many remainers are sick to the back teeth of having to put up with nonsense arguments from a proportion of the leave camp.
Voila! The Brexiteers have been failing to find a solution to the problem solely because the problem doesn't exist.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 4:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You've never heard a leave voter claim that Europe makes all our laws? Did you not take any taxis?! Racist comments are harder to come by, but they are there, coded in one way or another. Definitely heard comments about armies and Turks, even from friends. It's all in the Daily Express anyway, it would be surprising if readers did not pick up on some of it. I think many remainers are sick to the back teeth of having to put up with nonsense arguments from a proportion of the leave camp.
"Taking back control" was an official Brexit slogan wasn't it. What can that possibly suggest other than the UK didn't have control because the EU had it and it was a reason for leaving the EU in order to get it back.

Laughable (or dishonest) that someone claims not to have come across it.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

If Boris was to leave No. 10 would that be a "Boxit" - which would be necessary anyway if he were to "die in a ditch"?
Old Sep 11th 2019, 4:51 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
"Taking back control" was an official Brexit slogan wasn't it. What can that possibly suggest other than the UK didn't have control because the EU had it and it was a reason for leaving the EU in order to get it back.

Laughable (or dishonest) that someone claims not to have come across it.
It's the Leaver mantra, for sure ! Have a listen (funny) ...

Old Sep 11th 2019, 5:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Could have been my brother.

He kept telling me all these things "the media doesn't want you to know" and I kept telling him I had already read it in the media and that maybe he should change his sources.

Brexit's off limits now.

Old Sep 11th 2019, 6:31 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Could have been my brother.

He kept telling me all these things "the media doesn't want you to know" and I kept telling him I had already read it in the media and that maybe he should change his sources.

Brexit's off limits now.
LOL. Yes, I've had to avoid the Brexit issue with one particularly militant friend. The irony is he was dead against Scottish independence because of all the economic damage that would do by leaving the union. Crazy times.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 7:06 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Not anyone, just some of the people.
What do you suggest in this scenario Dave, the French decide they're a bit tired of chasing after North African economic migrants seeking to leave the EU and dismantle their camps. The trickle of boat migrants we are now receiving turns into a flood. Britain appeals to France/EU to control their borders, but they say it's not their problem. How should Britain react?
I'm sorry but you'll have to remind me how the EU helps the UK at the moment.
Mad Merkel advertises that the EU as open for business and welcomes the poor to move to the EU.
Many wish to end up in the UK and the french aid them by allowing them to camp next to the tunnel to await an unguarded truck. I would argue that actively dismantling the camps and thereby flooding the Calais streets with the homeless would be less than acceptable to the Calais mayor, better to know where they are and wait for them to disappear over the channel. And those boats.. are the french actively preventing them from crossing, I think not. So in answer to your question, I suspect that the UK would slap Macron on the back if he dismantles all the camps, it'd disperse the migrants and would almost certainly increase anti-EU feeling in the french channel ports.... might lead to a frexit who knows.

Old Sep 11th 2019, 8:05 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
Mad Merkel
Are you after a job at The Sun?

Old Sep 11th 2019, 9:35 pm
Yo

Mad Merkel advertises that the EU as open for business and welcomes the poor to move to the EU.
Many wish to end up in the UK and the french aid them by allowing them to camp next to the tunnel to await an unguarded truck. I would argue that actively dismantling the camps and thereby flooding the Calais streets with the homeless would be less than acceptable to the Calais mayor, better to know where they are and wait for them to disappear over the channel. And those boats.. are the french actively preventing them from crossing, I think not. So in answer to your question, I suspect that the UK would slap Macron on the back if he dismantles all the camps, it'd disperse the migrants and would almost certainly increase anti-EU feeling in the french channel ports.... might lead to a frexit who knows.
Interesting theory. Incoherent, but there you go.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 10:31 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Operation Yellowhammer is an interesting read.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 10:33 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Mad Merkel admitted she made a mistake and apologised for it ! Time to let go !
You do realize the camp in Calais was dismantled and reappeared a shortly afterwards.
Off course there are people taking advantage and selling these dinghys to them, that's just part of nowadays.
And as far as Frexit goes, ''dream on'', together with all the other Brexiteers who have been saying that for xxx years !
Now, let's see how far your Doris goes with apologising for lying to the Queen (no matter what the outcome next tuesday, he did ''mislead'' or lie to her)
Old Sep 11th 2019, 10:41 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I've listened to worse callers on O'Briens show than this. Anthony is actually better than some of the folks who can't name any EU laws at all. He may not have known what the laws entailed but at least he named a few.

It's amazing how so many still don't know how the EU works or how its laws are adapted in the UK. If they did they'd realize how petty the argument was.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 2:07 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
Mad Merkel admitted she made a mistake and apologised for it ! Time to let go !
You do realize the camp in Calais was dismantled and reappeared a shortly afterwards.
Off course there are people taking advantage and selling these dinghys to them, that's just part of nowadays.
And as far as Frexit goes, ''dream on'', together with all the other Brexiteers who have been saying that for xxx years !
Now, let's see how far your Doris goes with apologising for lying to the Queen (no matter what the outcome next tuesday, he did ''mislead'' or lie to her)
I note the sarcasm, my post was a little tongue in cheek also.
I remember when Merkel made her famous offer and I remember writing to my MP 'Is the woman mad?', clearly she was.
I also remember the dismantling of the Calais camp, but suspect this was merely a gesture, these people have to live somewhere and 1000 in a camp is easier to manage than 1000 homeless wandering the streets.
As for my 'Doris', we'll see what happens on Tuesday and whether she'll be gone shortly afterwards, either way she'll be taking the headache pills and reaching for the wine bottle.
I don't expect a Frexit any time soon, that was my feeble attempt at a joke, won't happen again, like Merkel I've learned my lesson.

Old Sep 12th 2019, 7:05 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I note the sarcasm, my post was a little tongue in cheek also.
I remember when Merkel made her famous offer and I remember writing to my MP 'Is the woman mad?', clearly she was.
I also remember the dismantling of the Calais camp, but suspect this was merely a gesture, these people have to live somewhere and 1000 in a camp is easier to manage than 1000 homeless wandering the streets.
As for my 'Doris', we'll see what happens on Tuesday and whether she'll be gone shortly afterwards, either way she'll be taking the headache pills and reaching for the wine bottle.
I don't expect a Frexit any time soon, that was my feeble attempt at a joke, won't happen again, like Merkel I've learned my lesson.

Most went to Paris sleeping under the bridges and then slowly went back to Calais.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 7:45 am
Yo

Originally Posted by JamesM
I've listened to worse callers on O'Briens show than this. Anthony is actually better than some of the folks who can't name any EU laws at all. He may not have known what the laws entailed but at least he named a few.

It's amazing how so many still don't know how the EU works or how its laws are adapted in the UK. If they did they'd realize how petty the argument was.
Yes, agree with you about the caller, he was a nice guy actually. I found it an amusing James OB take down of his petty position. So few people were bothered by the arcane EU-UK legislative process prior to the referendum, and now so many have been persuaded that their first child is being kidnapped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.