Please Remember

Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Please Remember

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
The forgotton ones in todays conflicts are actualy the ones who are wounded and live.

23 last month alone were admitted to rehab units with loss of limbs, numerous others blided, lost ears, became deaf the list goes on.

And to think the residents around Hedly court which is the main rehab unit for forces personnel objected to them buying a house next door to it to use as a welfare house for familys of wounded servicemen could use to stay in whilst visiting them in Rehab...WHY because they thought it would lower the tone of their street and devalue their property...luckly enough a petition was raised on No10 website and the planning permission was granted to alter it.

Recent stats show servicemen in combat today have a 1 in 20 chance of being KIA.

Swimmers throw abuse at injured servicemen in pool
Nov 21 2007
Swimmers throw abuse at injured servicemen in pool Nov 21 2007 INJURED soldiers were subjected to a humiliating encounter when they were jeered at a public swimming pool.
Servicemen from Headley Court rehabilitation centre near Leatherhead were about to begin their weekly swim at Leatherhead Leisure Centre, which helps with their therapy, when they were verbally abused by a group of regular swimmers.
One woman, believed to be in her 30s, was so incensed that the soldiers - many of them amputees having returned from conflicts in the Middle East and Asia - were using the pool that she told them that they did not deserve to be there.
It is alleged that she told the men that she pays to swim there and they do not. According to witnesses she was so abusive that the soldiers' instructor pulled the groups out of the water to avoid further embarrassment.
Charles Murrin, of Friars Orchard, Fetcham, who witnessed the incident, said: "I was so cross and I could not believe what she was saying.
"The lane was roped off which they do every week and people can swim in there up until 11am and then the soldiers go in.
"She said the men do not deserve to be in there and that she pays money to come in the pool and they don't." The partially sighted 79-year-old, who was in the Royal Navy man and served in the Korean war, added: "I just cannot believe it happened and that people are like this.I spoke to the instructor in the changing room afterwards and he was livid.
"I know what these people are going through because I talk to them and I have got quite friendly with them."
Linda Sinclair, of Thossnroft Drive, Leatherhead, also witnessed the incident. She said: "I was coming out of the pool as the people started to complain and I was thinking how dreadful it was.
"It was a few people that were complaining and it made me cross and it was not nice for those soldiers."
There were two groups of soldiers waiting to use the pool but following the tirade of abuse their instructor ordered them to leave.
A spokesman for Mole Valley District Council, which owns the facility in Guildford Road, said: "There appears to have been a rare incident where two members of the public queried the provision of lanes of the swimming pool for Headley Court.
"While we wouldn't condone what happened, staff at the leisure centre did their best to accommodate all concerned and acted professionally in dealing with the situation."
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "We are disappointed that a small number of people objected to the closure of swimming lanes so that patients of Headley Court could use them."
The incident comes just weeks after a national appeal was launched to raise £5 million for Headley Court to build a new full-size rehabilitation pool with equipment in their gym.
The centre treats 180 injured servicemen who have to make the half-hour trip to Leatherhead to use the pool for vital cardiovascular exercise.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:36 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nov 21 2007
Swimmers throw abuse at injured servicemen in pool Nov 21 2007 INJURED soldiers were subjected to a humiliating encounter when they were jeered at a public swimming pool.
Servicemen from Headley Court rehabilitation centre near Leatherhead were about to begin their weekly swim at Leatherhead Leisure Centre, which helps with their therapy, when they were verbally abused by a group of regular swimmers.
One woman, believed to be in her 30s, was so incensed that the soldiers - many of them amputees having returned from conflicts in the Middle East and Asia - were using the pool that she told them that they did not deserve to be there.
It is alleged that she told the men that she pays to swim there and they do not. According to witnesses she was so abusive that the soldiers' instructor pulled the groups out of the water to avoid further embarrassment.
Charles Murrin, of Friars Orchard, Fetcham, who witnessed the incident, said: "I was so cross and I could not believe what she was saying.
"The lane was roped off which they do every week and people can swim in there up until 11am and then the soldiers go in.
"She said the men do not deserve to be in there and that she pays money to come in the pool and they don't." The partially sighted 79-year-old, who was in the Royal Navy man and served in the Korean war, added: "I just cannot believe it happened and that people are like this.I spoke to the instructor in the changing room afterwards and he was livid.
"I know what these people are going through because I talk to them and I have got quite friendly with them."
Linda Sinclair, of Thossnroft Drive, Leatherhead, also witnessed the incident. She said: "I was coming out of the pool as the people started to complain and I was thinking how dreadful it was.
"It was a few people that were complaining and it made me cross and it was not nice for those soldiers."
There were two groups of soldiers waiting to use the pool but following the tirade of abuse their instructor ordered them to leave.
A spokesman for Mole Valley District Council, which owns the facility in Guildford Road, said: "There appears to have been a rare incident where two members of the public queried the provision of lanes of the swimming pool for Headley Court.
"While we wouldn't condone what happened, staff at the leisure centre did their best to accommodate all concerned and acted professionally in dealing with the situation."
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "We are disappointed that a small number of people objected to the closure of swimming lanes so that patients of Headley Court could use them."
The incident comes just weeks after a national appeal was launched to raise £5 million for Headley Court to build a new full-size rehabilitation pool with equipment in their gym.
The centre treats 180 injured servicemen who have to make the half-hour trip to Leatherhead to use the pool for vital cardiovascular exercise.
Someone should have slapped the cheeky bitch:curse:
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alvic
Someone should have slapped the cheeky bitch:curse:
Crazy aint it.

I have just returned from a Rehab course and the amount of young soldiers with horrific injuries is far more than people are led to believe.

When I first joined up 20 odd years ago apart from NI it was unheard of maybe the odd exercise injury or death but nothing on a scale of what there is now.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:59 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy aint it.

I have just returned from a Rehab course and the amount of young soldiers with horrific injuries is far more than people are led to believe.

When I first joined up 20 odd years ago apart from NI it was unheard of maybe the odd exercise injury or death but nothing on a scale of what there is now.
Yeah I know all about it Davie - I work for an Innocent Victims Group in NI and we have injured servicemen as members.

People like her should be sent to work with the physically and mentally injured soldiers and RUC men as is the case here.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:26 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy aint it.

The physical injuries, bad as they are in many cases, maybe are less worse than the mental ones.

It was sorrying to read a couple of weeks back of the young Canadian soldier who had stepped on a mine in Afghanistan. Back home, recovering, minus a few bits. Shot himself. There are more than a few like him.

It becomes more obvious when you see it first-hand.

My BIL was wounded in Afghanistan last year (IED). His wounds will eventually heal but he's not the same man.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jilly345 has a spectacular aura aboutJilly345 has a spectacular aura aboutJilly345 has a spectacular aura about

Nov 21 2007
Like you Davie, I have served my country for over 22 years and find this woman's behavior sickening, I think I'd like to send her for just a week to one of our choice detachments !!!:curse:

Jilly
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC;5601977]
Nov 21 2007

Words fail me...thanks for the post...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:34 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

This is a link to have your say on the Leatherhead Advertiser - Let them know what people from around the world think about this.
http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/haveyoursay/
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
This is a link to have your say on the Leatherhead Advertiser - Let them know what people from around the world think about this.
http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/haveyoursay/
Just did....many thanks for the link...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:37 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Just did....many thanks for the link...
Lets flood them with messages from around the world! You never know it may hit the headlines and really show these people up!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Lets flood them with messages from around the world! You never know it may hit the headlines and really show these people up!
DONE

And thanks for the link.