Photos of bears

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:25 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos of bears

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Is it safe to assume that it is rare to sight bears in the wild or is it just that either most people don't have cameras with them when they sight them or, if they do, they have more important things on their mind other thann taking pictures - like perserving themselves :scared:
There was one at our local ski hill, eating berries as we flew overhead on the chair lift. We didn't have a camera at hand that time. I was more concerned about not dropping my cycling gear at the time. There was a family 50 yards away on a trail, adults, one small child, which was worrying as they ignored peoples shouts from above.

It gets exciting when the local park puts bear alert signs up - 50 yards from your house yup we have a small black 'un rambling around hereabouts. MOH's friends at work, they have the black buggers sleeping on their lawn and crashing through their fences. One day two bb's were found sleeping on the grass outside a school. One person drove out of their garage early morning and knocked one over, he didn't seem too concerned only dazed and confused. He knocked their garbage bin over and looked dizzy, she told me.

The funniest story is from the orchard workers, the bb's come down from the lower mountainside to eat fruit, the fruit turns to alcohol in their bellies and the bears lay around sleeping in a lazy hazy alcoholic slumber in the sun. The workers have to go beat them with sticks to move them on, apparently the bears grumble and make an unhappy bellowing noise but generally move on in the end.

Rich.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:28 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hangman
There is actually some resemblance.

He appears to have some white around his muzzle and my beard is very definitely white, plus I am a tad overweight.

Just ask HWP, Butch or Morwenna and a few other Calgary posters.
Thats funny - you sound like me!!! Shame I missed you when I was in Calgary.

No don't ask HWP or BC what I'm like coz they probably wouldn't compare me to a bear - something a lot more frightening I'm afraid :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
The funniest story is from the orchard workers, the bb's come down from the lower mountainside to eat fruit, the fruit turns to alcohol in their bellies and the bears lay around sleeping in a lazy hazy alcoholic slumber in the sun. The workers have to go beat them with sticks to move them on, apparently the bears grumble and make an unhappy bellowing noise but generally move on in the end.

Rich.
Excellent
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

I really wish I was able to post pics (using work PC) as I have some great photos of the bears at the local dump - about 10 in one shot. A friend showed me one of her pics and I counted 26 bears in the shot! 26!!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:45 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

The one bear pic I've with me. A grizzly that had a friend and I up a tree for a few hours. Excellent.
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-holyshit.jpg  
Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
The one bear pic I've with me. A grizzly that had a friend and I up a tree for a few hours. Excellent.
You brave soul - I thought they could climb trees ?? Perhaps that's how you and your friend were "had" by the bear up a tree - you should write a book about that
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:33 am
Just Joined

JennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant futureJennP has a brilliant future

This was on our way home from Mount Robson last month. Hubby's first 'wild' sighting of bears (we've been to Grouse as well).

This thread reminds me of when I took hubby to a salmon run last year. As we walked down to the river a sign stated "CAUTION: BEARS FEEDING IN AREA!"

He turns to me with the look of a five year old on Christmas morning. "Ohhh," he whispers. "If we are quiet we might see some BEARS!"

We're in grizzly country. We're half a mile from the car. We can already smell the rotting salmon. I'm sure we smell like salmon ourselves at this point. I reply as firmly as I can: 'THE WHOLE POINT IS TO **NOT** SEE THE BEARS!'

He was very sad.

But he sure liked seeing the fish. And no bears.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:59 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We have been lucky enough to spot wild bears twice, once in BC (somewhere during our research trip) and once along the David Thompson Highway on the way to Lake Louise. Piccies aren't that great - I'm no David Baily but we're pleased with 'em!
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-dscf1474.jpg   Photos of bears-bear-5-small-.jpg