Have a question!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Have a question!

We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have a question!

I've never been but the Wiki on Ljubljana airport doesn't show any transatlantic routes at all - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ljublja...ional_Airport/

If you were British it might be fun to go with EasyJet to Stansted and visit friends or shop or whatever, but as it's miles from Heathrow or Gatwick for a connection to Vancouver, there's no advantage in that route for you over just going back to Prague.

Very jealous, your trip sounds great though!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:48 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
You may have to fly into Germany or back to Prague. Prague would actually be the best bet anyway, as flights out of Ljubljana tend to be on a hit and miss basis. Unfortunate turn of phrase, but you know what I mean.You can fly directly from Germany to Vancouver, that might also be an option if you don't want to go back to Prague. Adria Airways do flights out of Ljubljana to both Munich and Frankfurt for the keen traveller. Wonderful trip....I am jealous.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the info Biiiink - they dont do transatlantic flights but do connections to other european countries where I can connect to a flight to vancouver.

Dingbat - thanks for the info as well. Will check it out. Im getting the feeling that the easiest thing to do is take the train back to prague and spend the nite there and catch a flight to vancouver from there.

Im getting so excited already. After finally finding "our roots" in poland/ukraine, we are actually going to visit relatives in poland and ukraine that we didnt know existed.

Also going to Czech Republic, poland, ukraine (if we can get over the border), hungrary, slovakia, croatia, either bulgaria or romania and end up in Slovenia to visit friends. They want to take us for brunch before we leave and we would be able to get away very early. Unfortuntely all the flights are long gone early in the morning. Im sure with all the great advice Im getting somehow it will work out.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:10 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Also going to Czech Republic, poland, ukraine (if we can get over the border), hungrary, slovakia, croatia, either bulgaria or romania and end up in Slovenia to visit friends. They want to take us for brunch before we leave and we would be able to get away very early. Unfortuntely all the flights are long gone early in the morning. Im sure with all the great advice Im getting somehow it will work out.
Sue
That sounds fantastic. I am sooooo envious. I would love to do a tour like that. I think that my next holiday is going to be buying carpets and curtains or suchlike.

Got room for one more in your suitcase?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:27 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

I did a trip to Slovenia when I lived in London. Nice little country - not too crowded and easy to get around. Northeast corner around Bohinj is a national park and reminded me of BC a bit. Ljubljana is not bad either. The airport is quite small. You could theoretically fly to Stansted and take a connecting bus straight to Gatwick or Heathrow.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jandro
I did a trip to Slovenia when I lived in London. Nice little country - not too crowded and easy to get around. Northeast corner around Bohinj is a national park and reminded me of BC a bit. Ljubljana is not bad either. The airport is quite small. You could theoretically fly to Stansted and take a connecting bus straight to Gatwick or Heathrow.

Great tip thanks. Did you enjoy your stay there? Ive read that if one leaves from the airport there that they are taxed to death as opposed to leaving from klagenfurt?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Great tip thanks. Did you enjoy your stay there? Ive read that if one leaves from the airport there that they are taxed to death as opposed to leaving from klagenfurt?
I just did a search. Prices for Klagenfurt-Frankfurt are about three times as high as the price I gave you earlier for Ljubljana-Frankfurt.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
I just did a search. Prices for Klagenfurt-Frankfurt are about three times as high as the price I gave you earlier for Ljubljana-Frankfurt.

Really? Ok then.....someone was wrong on the travel forum I belong to, thanks for that hon.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks.

We took a day train trip to Prague when we were on holiday in Vienna a couple of years ago. There was a direct flight from Toronto to Vienna.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everyone for your help. Steve is going to help me find a good camera, one that I can actually understand and use.

You guys have been a great help. Expect more questions as the time gets closer - will keep everyone updated....!

Thanks again!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:39 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve is going to help me find a good camera, one that I can actually understand and use.
Oi, I should have told you I don't do well under pressure anymore.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:45 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Im getting so excited already. After finally finding "our roots" in poland/ukraine, we are actually going to visit relatives in poland and ukraine that we didnt know existed.

Sounds like a great trip Sue!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

When are you in Prague Sue?, i land there on Nov 5th staying at the Marriot
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
When are you in Prague Sue?, i land there on Nov 5th staying at the Marriot
Springtime hon, otherwise we could meet up for a drink.

Would love to hear your opinion though and your activities while there.

Are you visiting anywhere else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.