PayPal

Old Mar 3rd 2018, 7:48 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default PayPal

Does anyone use PayPal any more? Is there any point to it? I have a legacy account, which through internet wizardry they've kept up to date and made it very easy to link cards. I recently sold an item through E-bay and decided to accept the funds through the PayPal account (also linked) and the I've ended up making an online purchase using the PayPal. But it's seems like an unnecessary intermediate system, given that everything can be done by registering a credit/debit card these days. Any one have a good reason for using PayPal? Will it stay around as a service?
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 8:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PayPal

Originally Posted by Shard
Does anyone use PayPal any more? Is there any point to it? I have a legacy account, which through internet wizardry they've kept up to date and made it very easy to link cards. I recently sold an item through E-bay and decided to accept the funds through the PayPal account (also linked) and the I've ended up making an online purchase using the PayPal. But it's seems like an unnecessary intermediate system, given that everything can be done by registering a credit/debit card these days. Any one have a good reason for using PayPal? Will it stay around as a service?
I've got a PayPal account. Not used it in years and each time I try and access the $10 in it I get told I can't for various nebulous reasons. Password wrong, try and change it and they say I can't. Was told on one occasion I needed to use it to access the money. The fact it won't let me reset the password is irrelevant I never linked it to the bank account so I have pretty much given up trying to get the money out.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 8:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I only use it on the rare occasion I buy something on ebay and if I need to transfer funds to my US debit card.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 8:30 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've got a PayPal account. Not used it in years and each time I try and access the $10 in it I get told I can't for various nebulous reasons. Password wrong, try and change it and they say I can't. Was told on one occasion I needed to use it to access the money. The fact it won't let me reset the password is irrelevant I never linked it to the bank account so I have pretty much given up trying to get the money out.
I vaguely recall they had some massive security breach with passwords a few years back, and maybe you are somehow still impacted than that. I know I ignored my dormant account for many years, and only recently re-accessed it.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I vaguely recall they had some massive security breach with passwords a few years back, and maybe you are somehow still impacted than that. I know I ignored my dormant account for many years, and only recently re-accessed it.
That rings a bell. I just know that every once in a while I get an email from them about how much is in my account and how to access it. I follow the links and end up going round in circles so I give up until the next email.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 12:18 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Use mine at least once every month, more sometimes as I am always buying shite from China via EBay
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 12:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There are some places that just take PayPal, recently happened to me, so the legacy PayPal account came in handy.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 1:02 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't used it in years but just last week I got an email about suspicious activity. Someone in Ethiopia tried to buy a $400 graphics card! It advised me to change password, so I did, and that was that!
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my account was hacked at PayPal to the tune of $1200 at that time. Caught it almost immediately and was reimbursed by my bank. They subsequent got it back from PayPal. Still have an account but it's probably dead by now.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 2:16 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by macadian
Yes, my account was hacked at PayPal to the tune of $1200 at that time. Caught it almost immediately and was reimbursed by my bank. They subsequent got it back from PayPal. Still have an account but it's probably dead by now.
Damn! I better unlink my card.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 2:52 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I have one, I use it for Spotify and for a few other online services that require monthly service fees.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 2:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I just use it for Ebay, less these days since comparison shopping with sites like Ali Express, DHgate, Amazon etc that take cards.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:06 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is always buying stuff on Ebay, like magnumpi, shite from China, always hit and miss of it being the right thing when it eventually arrives, so that's what he uses Paypal for and the occasional purchase from something else from somewhere else in the world.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:10 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Still use it as a credit card processor.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
This happened to me with my EUR paypal account. 400EUR gone, I filed a dispute with both paypal and my bank and got the money back. Unlinked my debit card, closed that paypal and started using transferwise instead of paypal to transfer money which is a way better rate anyways.

I recently had to open another EUR paypal account to pay for an apartment rental, but I now have a EUR credit card so just attached it to that. This thread has reminded me I should go in and enable 2 factor authentication on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.