Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Pay check to pay check living, about half of Canadians do.

Wikiposts

Pay check to pay check living, about half of Canadians do.

Old Sep 17th 2016, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay check to pay check living, about half of Canadians do.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Daniel Sturridge or Peter Crouch?
Ha ha. Good one. He's more of a Rashford fan but plays more like John Stones.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 7:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
just looked on the job centre website & OMG, what a load of crap, way too many things for free, even after Cameron & Duncan Smith promised to stop all this

Funding for folks that want to take a 'Tattoo course'

Then there is the 'New enterprise allowance' + continue to get JSA
Tattooing is big business. It wouldn't be much different to funding for hairdressing or cooking. It can lead to a very lucrative career for someone who's a talented artist. (My son, for example was a very talented artist. He designed some beautiful tattoos during his short life)
Old Sep 17th 2016, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

We have both applied for some home based call center jobs, very recently though so have to wait and see if anything comes from it.

I have a friend who does a fair amount of different at home call center stuff, his most lucrative seems to be pizza orders for some chain back east which gives him evenings off here due to the time difference.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Walmart didn't call me either. Nor did Canadian Tire, Canada Post, Hudsons Bay, Sears, Home Depot, YWCA, KMPG, Humane Wildlife, McMaster, CNIB, Hamilton City, Mohawk College or any of the other 300 plus companies I applied for a job with.

I was an administrator in the UK, running a complete building of offices - including writing radio advert scripts, hiring staff, finding tenants and negotiating their contracts (my biggest one was Philips UK) - but that counted for nothing here.

I couldn't even get a job at Tim Hortons 'back of house'.

I was told by employment Canada that it would be highly unlikely that I would ever be employed.

I hear and understand your frustration but there is a job out there for you, it's finding it that's the difficulty. Concentrate on your strengths and try thinking 'outside the box' to find it.

As I've mentioned before to you, take a look at online remote working jobs - you don't have to have contact with people face to face. The pay is usually well above minimum wage and the hours are relatively flexible (I work up to 63 hours a week) and at least you can do it from the comfort of your home, so you don't have to worry about commuting and those costs. A good internet connection and a reliable pc/laptop and an eye for transgressions is all that is required. It's worth at least giving it a try - you might even like it!

Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Any feedback on the 2 new resumes I made, any better then the previous one?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Any feedback on the 2 new resumes I made, any better then the previous one?
Yes, with provisos. I'll pm you, later, okay?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Yes, with provisos. I'll pm you, later, okay?
Sounds good.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I like the double underlining

Or they just toss it thinking "well, if he can't be arsed to provide contacts..."

I always hated that stuff from job descriptions.
"Accurately assess...." yes, because otherwise I'm going to do it so it's full of errors
"gather and collate all relevant information to enable..." No, I'm going to leave out all the important bits
"Liaise effectively with..." No, I'm going to do my best to make it awkward for colleagues and/or partner agencies (look, I used buzz words ) so we mess things up.

BTW Gozit, when can you start?
True. I'm just repeating what the employment services person told me

LOL at those descriptions... So true.
Monday?

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Robotics. Impressive. Our son did that quite a bit from about age 10-14 with the Lego NXT series.

Its a really cool thing to do. We mentor the younger kids with the NXT stuff too.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

oops!