Wikiposts

Paris Attack

Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:33 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris Attack

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You can trust the germans to come up with a solution. And it will be so effective that they won't need another one.
Nice wording.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
They did seem like a professional hit squad.
The news reported that they were very calm, shot only one or two bullets at each victim, and aimed at the right area of the police car windscreen. A non-professional squad would be more like the crazed killers of Lee Rigby.
I'm sure the guardian also reported they initially entered the wrong building. Mind you, the guardian's leaving a lot to be desired these days.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:50 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm sure the guardian also reported they initially entered the wrong building. Mind you, the guardian's leaving a lot to be desired these days.
I think I picked up those comments from Sky News (TV). New Guardian website is a bit over the top (huge article tiles, difficult to find stories).
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think I picked up those comments from Sky News (TV). New Guardian website is a bit over the top (huge article tiles, difficult to find stories).
You can still get the normal format. At the bottom of the news page there's a use current version option.
Alternatively try this

That Beta format is an abomination.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:09 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

i just want to give props to my god, alan2005, for getting the manhunt going
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:37 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
i just want to give props to my god, alan2005, for getting the manhunt going
Are you the chief disciple? The right hand woman so to speak?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 7:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

This manhunt is all hunt and no man, not quite like the Tsarnaevs in Boston. No running gun battles, home-made bombs hurled from speeding cars, or wounded suspects hiding in boats. These guys did some of the same things, but maybe not for the same reasons. The gas station robbery made a lot of noise, they stole gas and food and shot into the air so everyone would pay attention but then abandoned the car in a nearby town. They left some molotov cocktails in the car and an id card but kept the food and their guns. I suspect the robbery may of been a red herring and they had another car waiting, and either made it back to Paris or to a prepared hidey hole while police search the wrong area.. If they learned anything from the Boston bombers they won't want to be caught in that kind of house to house search and if they'd fled into the forest on foot the dogs would have them or helicopter ir imagery would of picked up their heat signatures. If they made it back to the city and have the right sort of place, an accomplice to pay the rent and buy groceries and no nosey neighbours they could hide out forever if they want to.
They could be caught hiding in some farmer's hayloft before breakfast or could even be sneaking over the border and out of France right now but I have a feeling when they do show up it's going to mean something bad.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they're holed up in a print shop in a town near CDG Airport with a hostage... they did turn back but now they're going to have to deal with hundreds and hundreds of police. At least 2 runways have been closed and flights diverted. The man presumed to be a hostage is a 28 yo who works in the print shop who didn't come home but there could be more. I doubt there will be many concessions negotiated and once the hostage is released or they hear gunfire this should come to a head rapidly.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 8th 2015 at 10:15 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:12 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow they causing a bit of a kafufal now arnt they?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

And apparently there was a gunbattle and a police chase and reports of dead and wounded during a messy car-jacking and I slept through it. I'm following Nahlah Ayed in Paris on twitter and watching the news but cannot miss any work today by being a spectator.
Edit: France24 news report there were no injuries during the car-jacking or subsequent chase down the A2 motorway. The man whose car they stole says they were very calm.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 8th 2015 at 10:50 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:44 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

The other guy who shot the lady cop is out playing with his gun again today too, he got a hostage too I beleive
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

[QUOTE=magnumpi;11527337]The other guy who shot the lady cop is out playing with his gun again today too, he got a hostage too I
If it's the same man - the authorities say yesterday's shooter is likely in the same Al Qaeda cell as the brothers because he was doing the same recruiting thing. A kosher bakery this time and who knows if any more of these guys will come out of the woodwork. When most of the cops and army are busy elsewhere is prime time.
Edit: Maybe it is him, media reports he told police "You know who I am."
The police say he has 5 or more hostages including women and children.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 9th 2015 at 12:19 am. Reason: update
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:56 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

That grassy bank appears to be very challenging.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 2:37 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Reports about the kosher market standoff vary from 1 seriously wounded to 2 dead and now the gunman there says he will kill the hostages if police storm the brothers holed up near the airport. What the heck does he expect? The main Jewish shopping district has been ordered to close up for the day just in case someone else wants to get in the news.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 2:49 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Reports about the kosher market standoff vary from 1 seriously wounded to 2 dead and now the gunman there says he will kill the hostages if police storm the brothers holed up near the airport. What the heck does he expect? The main Jewish shopping district has been ordered to close up for the day just in case someone else wants to get in the news.
Things do not look for any of the hostages. This the French we're talking about. Those shooters are going nowhere alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.