Out of interest.....

Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Out of interest.....

Originally Posted by iaink
As the profile thingy says, Im in the Quinte Area of Eastern Ontario, near the village of Stirling. I work as an engineer in Belleville. I ended up here after being headhunted from the UK, I came for the money had no idea what to expect, but Im glad I came...even if that money seems a distant memory now. Met my wife here (well, she wasnt my wife when I met her...) and have two "canadian " kids now. My 9th Canaversary was last Sunday. Sadly no one baked a cake
Happy belated 9th anniversary love!

Karma sent!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:00 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
NW Calgary (across the road from smelly)

Came to look at Calgary <snip> and just loved the city and proximity to Mtns

I'm too lazy, so borrowing from Butch

Chartered Physiotherapist

Up the hill from Butch and Smelly.

Came to Calgary on holiday at a "fork in the road" time of our lives, and decided we'd like to live here. Best move we ever made!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Bean Counter.

Chose Montreal because I speak French like a native but never acquired the accent. Toronto then was like a larger Pittsburg or Buffalo. Had a very provincial air about it. Jusy like another big American city. I recognise it has changed for the better since. In any event it never really appealed to me. I had considered Vancouver but was put off by the rain.

So my choice of cities was an easy one.

Despite threats of seperation and two referendums, and troops in the streets October 1969 I still call this place home.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:28 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betterskierthanthewife
...was wondering for those of you in Canada - what do you do? where are you based? and why/how did you end up there?
I'm an EA(ABA) I work for sd68 in Nanaimo with children with ASD.
OH works in rehab providing special seating for disabled kids.
I think we've probably got the monopoly on the stupidest reason for ending up here.....................we knew we wanted to head west ~ in-laws in the east (nuff said ) so we spent a year researching the Okanagan, Alberta & Vancouver...................just IMHO Alberta - too bloody cold!!, the Okanagan seemed to me to be a long way from anywhere else although it was our 2nd choice which left Vancouver - pockets weren't deep enough so we looked at the Island.......................back to stupid reason..........my mums name is Maureen which gets shortened to Moe, my kids call her Nannymoe
& the rest is history
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:01 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
I'm an EA(ABA) I work for sd68 in Nanaimo with children with ASD.
Ok, now out of that sentence I think I understand two words....Nanaimo and children. The rest might as well be greek. Care to interpret?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:02 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Ok, now out of that sentence I think I understand two words....Nanaimo and children. The rest might as well be greek. Care to interpret?
Sorry I'm an education assistant for the local school district, to work with kids with Autistic Spectrum Disorders they like you to have 'applied behaviour analysis' training............I worked in the same type of job in Bristol & have the UK equivalent training, which they accepted

Hope that makes more sense
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Sorry I'm an education assistant for the local school district, to work with kids with Autistic Spectrum Disorders they like you to have 'applied behaviour analysis' training............I worked in the same type of job in Bristol & have the UK equivalent training, which they accepted

Hope that makes more sense
Thanks. It'd probably make more sense to Mrs AX, she's a Special Ed teacher, currently working with a non-verbal autistic kid.