Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Our sensitive cousins to the south of us.

Our sensitive cousins to the south of us.

Old Jul 9th 2014, 7:52 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our sensitive cousins to the south of us.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They get suspicious of certain countries, if you have spent a significant amount of time travelling, frequent travels to certain areas and so on.
It was Western Europe I believe, I could understand their suspicions if he had spent time in Middle East but partying up in Ibiza...
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It was Western Europe I believe, I could understand their suspicions if he had spent time in Middle East but partying up in Ibiza...
Ya think the average CBP officer knows where Ibiza is or that its even an island that belongs to Spain.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:08 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Ya think the average CBP officer knows where Ibiza is or that its even an island that belongs to Spain.
Probably not! half of them don't know where Europe is!
Old Jul 10th 2014, 1:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be surprised what they deem suspicious. My previous frequent trips to Canada were clearly a cause for concern for them based on how I was pulled aside and questioned.

Now they seem to know I live in Canada and don't give flop.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 1:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not! half of them don't know where Europe is!
Some of the Canada guards are geographically challenged as well. When crossing in Ontario with the NY border, I was asked if California was near New York...lol
Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:18 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Some of the Canada guards are geographically challenged as well. When crossing in Ontario with the NY border, I was asked if California was near New York...lol
Maybe they do it on purpose to see if you would say yes as an excuse to interrogate you