Wikiposts

Ontario Election

Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:49 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario Election

Can't vote so basically an interested bystander. I've been following along as I'm quite interested in politics. Ideologically speaking I'd be closest to the NDP on most things. A couple of the "comparison" tests, unsurprisingly, said the same.

My wife can vote. Conservative last time...she's already voted Green this time. Maybe I'm turning her to the left. Heard of quite a few others who've already gone for the Green Party here in Guelph. Be interesting to see if the bloke makes a good run at it or if it stays Liberal-as-usual.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:22 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Can't vote so basically an interested bystander. I've been following along as I'm quite interested in politics. Ideologically speaking I'd be closest to the NDP on most things. A couple of the "comparison" tests, unsurprisingly, said the same.

My wife can vote. Conservative last time...she's already voted Green this time. Maybe I'm turning her to the left. Heard of quite a few others who've already gone for the Green Party here in Guelph. Be interesting to see if the bloke makes a good run at it or if it stays Liberal-as-usual.
Interesting switch from PC to the Greens. I'd probably vote green too if the Liberal incumbent in RH was safe, but he's not. He needs every vote he can get to fend off the Lunatics.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

According to that I should vote Green but I'll vote
Liberal. One, the Liberal MPP helped us with OHIP and two, a vote for anyone else risks letting the PC mob in.

Last edited by bats; Jun 5th 2014 at 1:59 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
According to that I should vote Green but I'll vote
Liberal. One the Liberal MPP helped us with OHIP and two a vote for anyone else risks letting the PC mob in.
Quite. There you have it. Anything but the trifecta of horror (Ford, Hudak and Harper). We have someone even worse than Ford running for Mayor in Richmond Hill, a certain Carmen Pieriero. Nasty piece of work he is.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ah fudge it , I've got my elections mixed up. City is in October isn't it ?

You're just upset because you can't vote UKIP
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:48 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

My intention is to vote for the people who want to spend the most on public transport.

Need the old citizenship first however.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:55 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You're just upset because you can't vote UKIP
Yeah, no!!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 5:17 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Interesting switch from PC to the Greens. I'd probably vote green too if the Liberal incumbent in RH was safe, but he's not. He needs every vote he can get to fend off the Lunatics.
She isn't the "i've always voted for this party" sort. Which is good I guess. Have to pick who you think is best regardless of the party sometimes.It seems this Mike Schreiner bloke in Guelph is pretty well liked and there seems to be stories floating around about how Sandals (MPP) and Farbridge (mayor) have been gaming the system and doing deals behind closed doors. They're both Liberals.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 9:17 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by orly
She isn't the "i've always voted for this party" sort. Which is good I guess. Have to pick who you think is best regardless of the party sometimes.It seems this Mike Schreiner bloke in Guelph is pretty well liked and there seems to be stories floating around about how Sandals (MPP) and Farbridge (mayor) have been gaming the system and doing deals behind closed doors. They're both Liberals.
Actually this raises an interesting point. I wonder what fraction of voters (under the Westminster system) vote one way or another because of an informed choice about their local candidates compared to the number who vote because of an informed preference for the party's policy and/or the qualities of the leaders of said parties.

Of course I realize that the number who vote as a result of uninformed prejudices dwarfs both groups.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 9:49 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

So you should consider voting LIB if you want to reduce the chance of left-of-centre vote splitting allowing Hudak to sneak in.
The Gas plant billion dollar cover up/lies/scandal still looms over their heads for me, also the "don't release how crap Ornge is doing, until the day after the lection" oh dear too late it's been leaked. Also so into drive clean shite and public Transit and not coming over as a car lovin lady IMO. (sorry James)

I'm still Mr. Undecided. Although I likes this persons promotional name. Posted before I know but still funny to me.
Attached Thumbnails Ontario Election-image.jpg  

Last edited by magnumpi; Jun 6th 2014 at 9:54 am.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:10 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by magnumpi
The Gas plant billion dollar cover up/lies/scandal still looms over their heads for me, also the "don't release how crap Ornge is doing, until the day after the lection" oh dear too late it's been leaked. Also so into drive clean shite and public Transit and not coming over as a car lovin lady IMO. (sorry James)

I'm still Mr. Undecided. Although I likes this persons promotional name. Posted before I know but still funny to me.
You sound like you should vote for the Ontario Misogynist Congestion Party.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:39 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like you should vote for the Ontario Misogynist Congestion Party.
2 reasons

1.I live in ma car

and

2.it's all about me (I will vote for anyone who can reduce gas to 99c and scrap public transit) except for the GO train on match day of course
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading about this earlier:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06...n_5461428.html

To be honest, I don't like any of them much. They all seem to put a huge amount of energy into slagging each other off and telling you what you want to hear, and very little energy into showing how they'll achieve it and why they themselves are not crap. I know that's universal to an extent, but that doesn't make it helpful, and it does seem worse here.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Get 3 quarters and toss them. Odd one out loses the vote. Then toss the one quarter to decide on who to vote for. Honestly if I lived in Ontario Id vote for the less of the 3 evils if I decided to vote at all.
Which party makes sense if any and would be more likely to meet your own personal needs?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Try playing with this link... http://www.cbc.ca/elections/ontariov...14/votecompass ... it's not too bad as these things go.

Otherwise just ask me.
I was between PC and Liberal but closer to PC. The liberals have had their day and in all honesty I may vote Green as the PC is a shoo in where I live and it would be a wasted vote.

The Green Party have been quite adament that there would only be one school board and that is something I feel very strongly about. If the Catholic parents want their own school board they can fund it themselves...then we'll see how strongly they are committed to the catholic school board cause.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.