Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

OK - what are these poles?????

OK - what are these poles?????

Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK - what are these poles?????

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Green?! What the hell have you been eating?
Green as in Victoria is helping the seaweed grow really good.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:02 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rwin
Green as in Victoria is helping the seaweed grow really good.

Ah yes... adding to the biomass, the oceanic food chain! Save the whales, have a good dump and flush twice!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:21 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
We passed a sewage place today
would never live there

The masts only cover a section of area, the more people use them or complain they havent got coverage, the more masts go up.

my kids will grow up away from masts.
Sorry i know more about these masts because of the uk!!!!
the uk goverment advise they are safe.....lets do a poll

Who believes what the uk goverment say ??????

would I go with what the goverment had to say em nope
would I eat what other people tell me I should be eating em nope
would I use products we are told are safer and you end up looking like someone with the pox em nope
I'll just stick to what I do and I will be fine but would still like to know what rwin eats (green eh somethin wrong there)
hope you find the place that is right for you and your kids
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:10 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

The article I quoted was nothing to do with the government. It was written by a science writer (with a proper science backgorund) who works for the Guardian. He has no agenda other than to expose pseudoscience and quackery.

Pylons are safe. There is no evidence that they cause leukaemia or any other disease. The government don't say that kids shouldn't use mobile phones or that men shouldn't carry them on their belts. Because there's no evidence that it causes any harm.

People need to stop listening to brainless tabloid hacks with no scientific training and hypochondriacs who ignore all the evidence against their claims.

Okay, you can go back to your healing crystals and homeopathy now.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
The article I quoted was nothing to do with the government. It was written by a science writer (with a proper science backgorund) who works for the Guardian. He has no agenda other than to expose pseudoscience and quackery.

Pylons are safe. There is no evidence that they cause leukaemia or any other disease. The government don't say that kids shouldn't use mobile phones or that men shouldn't carry them on their belts. Because there's no evidence that it causes any harm.

People need to stop listening to brainless tabloid hacks with no scientific training and hypochondriacs who ignore all the evidence against their claims.

Okay, you can go back to your healing crystals and homeopathy now.

Tut tut. You have to forget all that stuff about cell phone towers being harmful and needing to massage your kidneys in an anti-clockwise direction to offset it. That's in England. Over here it's the hydro towers that cause autism clusters and you can't fix it because the FDA, in league with the big drug companies, puts stereos in your corn flakes.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:34 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Shame that you have already been brain washed and do not want to look at what other people say

In this country and others we believe on freedom of speech, if i want to say one thing that is fine and the same to you, so if you believe that pylons and masts are fine, go ahead build or move into a house next door to them, good on you.

I will have my house where ever there is not these things and be safe in knowing i did the right thing for us.
i dont care what your reports say, what you have read, that you think i am a hippy etc etc, it is a shame when someone asks a question and they have idiots like you jump on there thread, i asked a question, you dont have the answer, but looking at your other threads i can see why.

Go and hide under your mast, looks like they have fried afew of the brain cells that you may of had or NOT had

i will go back to my crystals and herbs and live a very healthy life
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Shame that you have already been brain washed and do not want to look at what other people say

In this country and others we believe on freedom of speech, if i want to say one thing that is fine and the same to you, so if you believe that pylons and masts are fine, go ahead build or move into a house next door to them, good on you.

I will have my house where ever there is not these things and be safe in knowing i did the right thing for us.
i dont care what your reports say, what you have read, that you think i am a hippy etc etc, it is a shame when someone asks a question and they have idiots like you jump on there thread, i asked a question, you dont have the answer, but looking at your other threads i can see why.

Go and hide under your mast, looks like they have fried afew of the brain cells that you may of had or NOT had

I feel fairly safe in concluding that this poster is not Richard Dawkins.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Im curious.....following your thinking, presumably you dont let the kids travel in planes due to radiation?

Did you get an answer on what the poles/pylons are?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Im curious.....following your thinking, presumably you dont let the kids travel in planes due to radiation?

Did you get an answer on what the poles/pylons are?
And of course, you have to bear in mind that in rural Ontario, although safe from cell phone coverage, 53% of children under 15 have been probed by aliens.

I'll look for a link.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:26 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Also don't forget that you'll be living in Smog Alley, one of the most polluted parts of Canada.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:39 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

smog alley is in alberta, i think a local said edmonton

Nice clear air for me 2 mns to beach
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

smog alley is in alberta, i think a local said edmonton
So explain please why it is that southern Ontario has smog alerts all the time and Alberta to my knowledge has never had one.

I think someone was pulling your leg.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
And of course, you have to bear in mind that in rural Ontario, although safe from cell phone coverage, 53% of children under 15 have been probed by aliens.

I'll look for a link.
you're having me on arent you
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:38 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

So explain please why it is that southern Ontario has smog alerts all the time and Alberta to my knowledge has never had one.

I felt a whole lot better after moving out West from there.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:54 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any pictures of these mysterious poles yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.