Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Occupy Uprising....

The Occupy Uprising....

Old Nov 24th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Occupy Uprising....

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Many people.....love how you took it upon yourself to speak for all eh

You do realize this forum is not a representation of the Canadian society in general?
A picture they say is worth a thousand words. Unfortunately the pictures you posted didn't convince me that these protesters were doing anything new.

Where were all the protesters yesterday outside of the NCC offices? I suppose they were either getting a room for the night at the Misson or looking for their next fix.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize this forum is not a representation of the Canadian society in general?
In what way is it not? It's largely comprised of immigrants, some of whom speak French, it includes correspondents from across the country, a diverse range of political opinion is offered, and by-and-large the posters have had enough of the occupiers. This is Canada at its best.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:34 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about verbal diarrhea.....judging people by their looks eh, am sure you are adonis or even better Michael Angelo's David

Wicked
<shakes head>

Has ultrarunner just accused me of having verbal diarrhea?

So you don't agree with judging people by their looks, eh? How far would you progress in the Army if you had a lip ring and purple matted dreadlocks? Mind you, it is the Canadian Army, perhaps their standards are lower.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:44 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
In what way is it not? It's largely comprised of immigrants, some of whom speak French, it includes correspondents from across the country, a diverse range of political opinion is offered, and by-and-large the posters have had enough of the occupiers. This is Canada at its best.

And then you woke up
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:48 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
<shakes head>

Has ultrarunner just accused me of having verbal diarrhea?

So you don't agree with judging people by their looks, eh? How far would you progress in the Army if you had a lip ring and purple matted dreadlocks? Mind you, it is the Canadian Army, perhaps their standards are lower.
Here is a shocker for you or not....I have a fella of the Sikh faith in my troop. When I write his performance report, that has no inclination on my judgement of his work or character

The British army still treats the Gurkhas like shite
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:53 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a shocker for you or not....I have a fella of the Sikh faith in my troop. When I write his performance report, that has no inclination on my judgement of his work or character

Well, I'm humbled by your magnanimity and tolerance. Your troops sound like they are blessed to have such a remarkable leader as you.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:57 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Many people.....love how you took it upon yourself to speak for all eh

Many does not = All

The Canadians i know do not take them seriously and some just don't give a shit.

So you don't agree with judging people by their looks, eh? How far would you progress in the Army if you had a lip ring and purple matted dreadlocks?

I don't believe you answered the question.

What has a "fella of the Sikh faith" to do with anything? Do you let him play with your gadget?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Having worked alongside them, I would completely dispute this. I appreciate that there are arguments that the British Government treats them poorly but, on what evidence, do you base your comment?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by el_richo
Many does not = All

The Canadians i know do not take them seriously and some just don't give a shit.

I don't believe you answered the question.

What has a "fella of the Sikh faith" to do with anything? Do you let him play with your gadget?

Go back and read the post I answered to....He mentioned dread locks, I mentioned Turban subliminally( Sikh faith ) get it now? The guy is special forces and get to wear his Turban

Oh...It's "Canadians I know....."

The ones you know am sure don't speak for the rest

Last edited by ultrarunner; Nov 24th 2011 at 3:21 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Really? Having worked alongside them, I would completely dispute this. I appreciate that there are arguments that the British Government treats them poorly but, on what evidence, do you base your comment?
I was in Afghanistan and interacted with them on my tours....

I have been on numerous exercises in Canada, where they have been present.

Well, I'm humbled by your magnanimity and tolerance. Your troops sound like they are blessed to have such a remarkable leader as you.
We can't all be from the Enoch Powell school of thought right ?

Last edited by ultrarunner; Nov 24th 2011 at 3:16 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:17 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The more radical an idea you want to present to the public the more smartly you have to dress. This isn't a new idea - friends of the earth learnt this when their head guy started turning up to TV interviews in a suit in the 70's or maybe the 80's.

I don't think this is necessarily right - more just the way it is.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan2005
The more radical an idea you want to present to the public the more smartly you have to dress. This isn't a new idea - friends of the earth learnt this when their head guy started turning up to TV interviews in a suit in the 70's or maybe the 80's.

I don't think this is necessarily right - more just the way it is.
So what you are saying is...."You are what you wear"?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:22 pm
Lowering the tone

So what you are saying is...."You are what you wear"?
More like "Understand how your enemy thinks"

But you should have already known that.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Afghanistan and interacted with them on my tours....

I have been on numerous exercises in Canada, where they have been present.
OK. In what way were they treated differently to any other infantry soldier?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Go back and read the post I answered to....He mentioned dread locks, I mentioned Turban subliminally( Sikh faith ) get it now? The guy is special forces and get to wear his Turban
Oh...It's "Canadians I know....."

The ones you know am sure don't speak for the rest
In theatre?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.