IT in Nova Scotia

Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:23 pm
WAH
Just Joined

WAH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile IT in Nova Scotia

My wife is a Canadian citizen (although born and brought up in Bermuda to a Canadian mother) and we've been thinking of moving to Canada in maybe 3 years time, once all our kids are of school age. We're currently thinking of Nova Scotia as a destination, and as I'm currently working in the field of IT systems development, I wondered whether anybody might be able to offer any insight as to what there might be in the way of IT jobs in Nova Scotia. I'm currently working on a Master's degree with the Open University which I hope to have completed within the time frame we're looking at, but I'm also happy to look at getting certification in any in demand systems development skills if I can identify what they might be ? Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

As a further more open question, as the spouse of a Canadian citizen what do I need to do to have the right to work in Canada and how long should I expect any immigration process to take ?

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by WAH
My wife is a Canadian citizen (although born and brought up in Bermuda to a Canadian mother) and we've been thinking of moving to Canada in maybe 3 years time, once all our kids are of school age. We're currently thinking of Nova Scotia as a destination, and as I'm currently working in the field of IT systems development, I wondered whether anybody might be able to offer any insight as to what there might be in the way of IT jobs in Nova Scotia. I'm currently working on a Master's degree with the Open University which I hope to have completed within the time frame we're looking at, but I'm also happy to look at getting certification in any in demand systems development skills if I can identify what they might be ? Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

As a further more open question, as the spouse of a Canadian citizen what do I need to do to have the right to work in Canada and how long should I expect any immigration process to take ?

Thanks for your help
Family Sponsored immigration. www.cic.gc.ca is your first point of call for details. Timeline 6-12mths. (Much better than Skilled Worker at 48-60mths!)
Immigration forum is the place to ask immigration related questions FYI.