New car suggestions

Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:12 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New car suggestions

Originally Posted by Souvy
You sound like as much of a bastard as me.

Years ago we had a training programme at work for new computer system that we were adopting. I didn't need the training because it was a system I already knew. I had to go anyway. Out of boredom, I reset the mouse to be left-handed. The person after me in the training room probably had fun.
The pink lincoln really was a friend and not me, but I'll take the compliment anyhow.

Japes eh, you just cant beat em.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 2:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So, what did you drive, what did you think, what did you buy?
Old Mar 6th 2016, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
So, what did you drive, what did you think, what did you buy?
Narrowed it down to the Mustang 3.7 convertible, keep the mini, upgrade to the clubman or be dull and get a Golf

Still deciding.... Brother in Law wants me to get the Mustang as he will borrow it in the summer when they come to stay!!

For those three weeks when the weather is nice enough I do fancy a convertible...
Old Mar 6th 2016, 2:51 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, get the V8 Mustang convertible, don't bother with the wimpy ones lol. I had a couple of gt's in the UK, so much fun.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Oooh, get the V8 Mustang convertible, don't bother with the wimpy ones lol. I had a couple of gt's in the UK, so much fun.
I'd be lethal!!
Old Mar 6th 2016, 4:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If it's likely to be a 2014 edition or earlier, ask the dealer about the Mustang (Takata) airbag recall before deciding on purchase. The waitlist for replacement is long.

Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recall to Include GT and Mustang

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...r-recalls.html
Old Mar 6th 2016, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If it's likely to be a 2014 edition or earlier, ask the dealer about the Mustang (Takata) airbag recall before deciding on purchase. The waitlist for replacement is long.

Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recall to Include GT and Mustang

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...r-recalls.html
Good to know, we were looking from 2013
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:09 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
I'd be lethal!!
No you wouldn't and you'd sell it on/trade it in at a far better price. OH said they have some V6's at his place and they can't shift them, they always struggle to sell them in the winter anyway but a V8 is always more desirable amongst car peeps.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

No you wouldn't and you'd sell it on/trade it in at a far better price. OH said they have some V6's at his place and they can't shift them, they always struggle to sell them in the winter anyway but a V8 is always more desirable amongst car peeps.
Yes Boss!!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:16 am

Yes Boss!!
You could always buy the Rolls Royce we have in the auction next week...
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:49 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

You choose to live in canada, your prius awaits...
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:01 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That may well be the case but I have a V6 (manual, chipped with Flowmasters) as a commuter car and it serves me well. I have a problem putting the power down after a corner (on ice) without getting sideways and have only once hit the boundary of the speed limiter (114mph) so more engine wouldn't really be advantageous.

It's a simple, RWD, car. It can go sideways on demand with the throttle setting the angle, it's good in snow up to about 6" deep, it's cheap in terms of petrol consumed and servicing needed. It accommodates a greyhound, a whippet and two people. As a daily driver I think it's great fun while being practical and economical. If I have a complaint it's that it's a bit big, very much a cruiser rather than a sports car, but more engine wouldn't fix that.

I don't expect to sell the car on, I expect to run it into the ground, so resale value doesn't matter. I'm guessing it'll go to 250,000 miles and will be happy with that. A v8 would, I think, make a marginally better noise at the cost of gobbling petrol, I might make that choice for a Sunday car.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Currently have a Mini Cooper. Want something with a little more grunt but is fun to drive. Moving up a big hill but will use it to commute to Downtown Vancouver and locally. We drive a Sienna for long journeys.

Any suggestions appreciated. Ideally don't want to spend more that $25000
Mine's for sale buy you'll need a bit more wonga https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...193B40E2662862
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That may well be the case but I have a V6 (manual, chipped with Flowmasters) as a commuter car and it serves me well. I have a problem putting the power down after a corner (on ice) without getting sideways and have only once hit the boundary of the speed limiter (114mph) so more engine wouldn't really be advantageous.

It's a simple, RWD, car. It can go sideways on demand with the throttle setting the angle, it's good in snow up to about 6" deep, it's cheap in terms of petrol consumed and servicing needed. It accommodates a greyhound, a whippet and two people. As a daily driver I think it's great fun while being practical and economical. If I have a complaint it's that it's a bit big, very much a cruiser rather than a sports car, but more engine wouldn't fix that.

I don't expect to sell the car on, I expect to run it into the ground, so resale value doesn't matter. I'm guessing it'll go to 250,000 miles and will be happy with that. A v8 would, I think, make a marginally better noise at the cost of gobbling petrol, I might make that choice for a Sunday car.
If you're buying a Mustang for god sake don't buy a V6; i owned one and regretted it, then went out 2 years later and bought the GT and did a full Roush upgrade.

You can pick up a 2013/14 GT dirt cheap, the next generation will have killed the old model prices.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 12:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by stuabroad
If you're buying a Mustang for god sake don't buy a V6; i owned one and regretted it, then went out 2 years later and bought the GT and did a full Roush upgrade.
The link doesn't work for me but, anyway, why? As I say, I already have an issue with traction off the line, I very rarely drive at 100mph or better, I drive about 30,000 miles a year so petrol consumption is a consideration. Why would more engine make sense?

I see that you're selling a family sedan now. Assuming the Mustang GT was a convertible it must have been awful to have to trade down to that, are you now moving on to a minivan/SUV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.