This needs to stop

Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:06 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This needs to stop

Originally Posted by PhilandAmanda
I can't argue with you from a moral standpoint but the victim must take action to protect themselves. Often authority is part of the problem. If the victim makes any admission of violence then authority will jump at the chance to blame the victim. You have to realize that authority is under challenge. They know they have failed to maintain the peace and they will do anything to cover their own ass. The bully will lie like a cheap rug. You have to fight fire with fire. Do you want to be right or so you want to win?
With any action, there is a consequence. Lying will always come back to bite you in the ass.

And I'd like to be right and win
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

PhilandAmanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hawk13
With any action, there is a consequence. Lying will always come back to bite you in the ass.

And I'd like to be right and win
You don't have the option of being right and winning. Look at it this way; you are approaching a traffic light that is green. You can see that another car is approaching on the other road and his traffic light is red. He is supposed to stop but you can tell he will not, he is not slowing down at all. You are right to continue but if you do there will be an accident. You don't have the option of being right and winning. If you stop you are obstructing traffic by stopping at a green light. If you don't stop somebody gets hurt, likely you. The wise thing to do is to stop but you are not right because you are supposed to go through and he is supposed to stop.

Being right and moral only works when the other guy is right and moral. You cannot win by sticking to the rules if the other guy cheats. Authority has let us down, badly. The bully should have been stopped long ago. it isn't exactly rocket science. When you stand on your high horse you give bullies and authority the excuse to continue as they always have. You do this because you will not do what needs to be done and you won't do it because it involves you taking a risk. When you, and the legions like you, take a stand and don't give a fig for "rules" then things will start to improve.

You have no evidence that lying will bite me in the ass. Nice sound bite, wishful thinking, a triumph of hope over reality.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:13 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have the option of being right and winning. Look at it this way; you are approaching a traffic light that is green. You can see that another car is approaching on the other road and his traffic light is red. He is supposed to stop but you can tell he will not, he is not slowing down at all. You are right to continue but if you do there will be an accident. You don't have the option of being right and winning. If you stop you are obstructing traffic by stopping at a green light. If you don't stop somebody gets hurt, likely you. The wise thing to do is to stop but you are not right because you are supposed to go through and he is supposed to stop.

Being right and moral only works when the other guy is right and moral. You cannot win by sticking to the rules if the other guy cheats. Authority has let us down, badly. The bully should have been stopped long ago. it isn't exactly rocket science. When you stand on your high horse you give bullies and authority the excuse to continue as they always have. You do this because you will not do what needs to be done and you won't do it because it involves you taking a risk. When you, and the legions like you, take a stand and don't give a fig for "rules" then things will start to improve.

You have no evidence that lying will bite me in the ass. Nice sound bite, wishful thinking, a triumph of hope over reality.
Not sure what your example has to do with lying and not sure how saying I don't condone lying equates to not taking risks or breaking a few rules so I guess I'll agree to disagree (I even don't mind a bit of violence or cheating) but don't agree on lying.

The evidence is personal experience - the ramifications of lying always turned out worse than telling the truth.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:27 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

No lies?

Never

Ever?

I was doing 147 kmh officer not 100.

Yes jimmy there is no Father Christmas, get over it.

:@) maybe just a ikle white lie ehh
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have the option of being right and winning. Look at it this way; you are approaching a traffic light that is green. You can see that another car is approaching on the other road and his traffic light is red. He is supposed to stop but you can tell he will not, he is not slowing down at all. You are right to continue but if you do there will be an accident. You don't have the option of being right and winning. If you stop you are obstructing traffic by stopping at a green light. If you don't stop somebody gets hurt, likely you. The wise thing to do is to stop but you are not right because you are supposed to go through and he is supposed to sto.
Time for driver training class! If you see that an accident is going to happen and you take no action to avoid it, (when possible), you are guilty of violating the rule of 'Last Clear Chance', and the accident is your fault. Learned that little gem in 1970 in the school sponsored driver traaining program.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

And if you have just stepped off the film set of "liar liar" then you will have to tell the attending cop that you saw it was guna happen but you wanted to be in the right. (now hand me my leg please mr policeman)
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:33 pm
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Best post I've read on here in months
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caretaker
Time for driver training class! If you see that an accident is going to happen and you take no action to avoid it, (when possible), you are guilty of violating the rule of 'Last Clear Chance', and the accident is your fault. Learned that little gem in 1970 in the school sponsored driver traaining program.
This is the kind of bulls**t up with which I will not put. Do you really think that in the given the scenario that an uptight idiot who goes through the green light and gets into the accident anyway (because he was in the right and the light was green) And indeed there are such people, you know who you are, is going to tell the cops anything other than "The light was green so I went through."

Naaa, in your lala land he says "I knew there was going to be an accident but I did it anyway." Whatever you are smoking I want some!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Not sure what your example has to do with lying and not sure how saying I don't condone lying equates to not taking risks or breaking a few rules so I guess I'll agree to disagree (I even don't mind a bit of violence or cheating) but don't agree on lying.

The evidence is personal experience - the ramifications of lying always turned out worse than telling the truth.
I was addressing your desire to be right and to win at the same time. The lying bit was covered in the discourse on cheating. Switcheroo straw man? Nice try. No banana.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

I am alive because I lied. My personal experience can beat up your personal experience.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by didikai
Best post I've read on here in months
Thanks, the cheque's in the mail. Same deal next time?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

A really sad story.

There is the day to day bullying but when you can't escape it in your own home it must be traumatic.

I have worked for several bully's but I know at 5.30pm I can leave the office and go and enjoy myself. It is water of a ducks back.

When some sicko is harassing you online and posting an embarrassing photo of you that was taken out of trickery in your past then where do you run. Unfortunately these days the bullying has gone 24/7- I have no doubt now it is worse than in my day and that of other posters on this forum. Bullying is more sophisticated.

Last edited by JamesM; Oct 14th 2012 at 9:35 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:35 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
A really sad story.

There is the day to day bullying but when you can't escape it in your own home it must be traumatic.

I have worked for several bully's but I know at 5.30pm I can leave the office and go and enjoy myself. It is water of a ducks back.

When some sicko is harassing you online and posting an embarrassing photo of you that was taken out of trickery in your past then where do you run. Unfortunately these days the bullying has gone 24/7- I have no doubt now it is worse than in my day and that of other posters on this forum. Bullying is more sophisticated.
Yes imo what happened to Amanda went beyond bullying into stalking. Totally creepy. Poor kid. I think most adults would struggle to deal with that, let alone a Grade 7.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:41 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Yes imo what happened to Amanda went beyond bullying into stalking. Totally creepy. Poor kid. I think most adults would struggle to deal with that, let alone a Grade 7.
A lot of psychological abuse.

Also having separated parents can not have helped. They must be feeling terrible.

The whole thing sickens me. I hope they catch and arrest the sicko who sent the picture to everyone she knows.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:41 pm
Up Your Kilt

Originally Posted by magnumpi
No lies?

Never

Ever?

I was doing 147 kmh officer not 100.

Yes jimmy there is no Father Christmas, get over it.

:@) maybe just a ikle white lie ehh
There's no Santa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.