Naturopaths....

Old May 11th 2016, 6:25 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturopaths....

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
That is the plan. We are also going to put 50/month away for a good mattress, the $600 one we have is crap and if we had a couch, I would be sleeping on the couch again....

Seems the really good mattresses with good support run over 1,500.

The one we have is only 8 months old, but its some off brand, and its so poorly made, worst mattress ever. But at the time we had to have a mattress and well 600 was our max limit.
He didn't say a mattress, he said pillow- infinitely cheaper
Old May 11th 2016, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
He didn't say a mattress, he said pillow- infinitely cheaper
Mattress is more for the back and pillow for the neck.

My entire back is in constant pain as well, figure its from the crummy mattress that sags.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:01 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I somehow thought that you would agree with me bats.. Absolutely right about chiropracters.. Don't tell me" legs are different lengths, out of alignment"
"ribs have popped out" "popped my spine back" What a load of BS
I'm curious ... does Osteopathy come under the same heading of general quackery?

I had positive experiences with an Osteopath back in the UK some 12 or more years ago following a slipped disc. I went to see a chiropractor here shortly after moving over and he wanted to do 5 sessions a week (at $50 a pop) using some sort of spring loaded device to reset my spine. Aside from the cost, I was in bloody agony after one session and have never darkened a Chiropracters door since!
Old May 12th 2016, 2:43 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm curious ... does Osteopathy come under the same heading of general quackery?

I had positive experiences with an Osteopath back in the UK some 12 or more years ago following a slipped disc. I went to see a chiropractor here shortly after moving over and he wanted to do 5 sessions a week (at $50 a pop) using some sort of spring loaded device to reset my spine. Aside from the cost, I was in bloody agony after one session and have never darkened a Chiropracters door since!
Probably yes- they think they are a cut above chiropractors. Apparently there are some osteopaths but they are in Ontario and Quebec. I can't really comment too much as I haven't had much experience. They seem to be more manipulators of bone which can occasionally and in your case actually did work! As you say, chiropractors typically fanny around with the clicky things and at best do naff all, at worst, hurt people.
Old May 12th 2016, 2:47 am
I need a walk

Mattress is more for the back and pillow for the neck.

My entire back is in constant pain as well, figure its from the crummy mattress that sags.
Yet another problem? Less time on the saggy mattress and getting exercise does wonders, harsh but true. Swimming for example is great for bad backs.
Old May 12th 2016, 3:42 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know for sure what Chiropractors do, but I did almost go to one once.

For the last year and a half I have been having neck issues and there are days the pain is so bad I just stay in bed and the radius I can turn my neck isn't as good as it used to be. Pain came on sudden (was making eggs for breakfast) and hasn't ever completely gone away, someday better then others.

I saw 2 GP's over it, I was advised to go see a Chiropractor, but in the end never did, but maybe a Chiropractor could help?

Mind you this was in Squamish where GP's can integrate alternative medicine into traditional. But the new GP I have has no idea what the neck issue is, plan is to take advil or tylenol when needed.
vv

Chiropractic's Dirty Secret: Neck Manipulation and Strokes

I take my sore neck and shoulders to a registered massage therapist and sometimes a physiotherapist.
Old May 12th 2016, 4:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
vv

Chiropractic's Dirty Secret: Neck Manipulation and Strokes

I take my sore neck and shoulders to a registered massage therapist and sometimes a physiotherapist.
I used to live with a physiotherapist and so was exposed to strong opinions about chiropractors. As well, I'm not keen on mystical or spiritual claptrap, I got no soul.

Thus it was only in absolute desperation that I tried a chiropractor for this sudden incapacitating, top of leg through hip, nerve pain. It had taken me to the hospital where they gave me a shot of something and a bucket of Tylenol 3s. I was running out of Tylenol 3s, something had to be done, and the chiropractor was next to the pub so visiting wouldn't be a journey wasted.

He tugged at it. The pain went away. I assume that any talented leg tugger, be it a massage therapist, physio or chiropractor could have done the job but he was there and the price wasn't an amount I cared about. So, I think, be cautious, be prepared to pay through the nose, but don't discount their services entirely.
Old May 12th 2016, 4:41 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by dbd33
I used to live with a physiotherapist and so was exposed to strong opinions about chiropractors. As well, I'm not keen on mystical or spiritual claptrap, I got no soul.

Thus it was only in absolute desperation that I tried a chiropractor for this sudden incapacitating, top of leg through hip, nerve pain. It had taken me to the hospital where they gave me a shot of something and a bucket of Tylenol 3s. I was running out of Tylenol 3s, something had to be done, and the chiropractor was next to the pub so visiting wouldn't be a journey wasted.

He tugged at it. The pain went away. I assume that any talented leg tugger, be it a massage therapist, physio or chiropractor could have done the job but he was there and the price wasn't an amount I cared about. So, I think, be cautious, be prepared to pay through the nose, but don't discount their services entirely.
I'm not great at basketball. If I lobbed a ball,blindfolded,backwards over my head from 20 ft away, the chances are at some stage I might strike it lucky and net the ball
It is horses for courses, it just definitely wouldn't be mine.

Last edited by Stinkypup; May 12th 2016 at 5:01 am.
Old May 12th 2016, 7:37 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

I'm not prepared to risk it.
Edit. I've seen the precarious nature of some spines that they work on.

Last edited by bats; May 12th 2016 at 7:40 am.
Old May 12th 2016, 7:58 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I'm not prepared to risk it.
Edit. I've seen the precarious nature of some spines that they work on.
I've always balked at chiropractors because of the legend that once you start you have to keep going back. I know a chiropractor; he used to be an outlaw motorcyclist with an abnormal penchant for casual violence, very quick to take offense. He went to medical school down in Houston and when they had to do autopsies they got to pick their own corpses. Unlike the neat morgues on television, the hospital he was enrolled at had a swimming pool full of John Does in the basement floating in preservative (people shoot each other over heroin every weekend) and he just pointed to the one he wanted and an orderly gaffed it for him. He said, "I thought I was a pretty tough guy until then." (barf alarm) He could probably break someone's back if he really wanted to, but I bet he knows his business. He used to be an electrician and had to quit because he injured his back, and that's what sparked the interest.
Edit: If I did go to a chiropractor, I'd want to go to him.

Last edited by caretaker; May 12th 2016 at 8:09 am.
Old May 12th 2016, 9:07 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by caretaker
I've always balked at chiropractors because of the legend that once you start you have to keep going back. I know a chiropractor; he used to be an outlaw motorcyclist with an abnormal penchant for casual violence, very quick to take offense. He went to medical school down in Houston and when they had to do autopsies they got to pick their own corpses. Unlike the neat morgues on television, the hospital he was enrolled at had a swimming pool full of John Does in the basement floating in preservative (people shoot each other over heroin every weekend) and he just pointed to the one he wanted and an orderly gaffed it for him. He said, "I thought I was a pretty tough guy until then." (barf alarm) He could probably break someone's back if he really wanted to, but I bet he knows his business. He used to be an electrician and had to quit because he injured his back, and that's what sparked the interest.
Edit: If I did go to a chiropractor, I'd want to go to him.
What a great story- that is what Oink would have loved if he was a Medic. I love the idea of gaffing your intended target. We sadly were allocated ours and they weren't swimming, just lying on a table
Old May 12th 2016, 9:14 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

What a great story- that is what Oink would have loved if he was a Medic. I love the idea of gaffing your intended target. We sadly were allocated ours and they weren't swimming, just lying on a table
I'd of probably thrown the small ones back in.
Old May 12th 2016, 9:18 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
I'd of probably thrown the small ones back in.
Brilliant
Old May 12th 2016, 10:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't swim, literally don't know how to...

I rarely sleep longer then 10 hours, 9 is more or less the average.

I do a daily walk with the dog, usually around 2-3km in total, sometimes 4, depending on how the dog is handling it.

Yet another problem? Less time on the saggy mattress and getting exercise does wonders, harsh but true. Swimming for example is great for bad backs.
Old May 12th 2016, 10:30 am
Account Closed

On 2nd thought, I am now thinking about going to a Naturopath, but just for mental health issues, can't seem like it would do any hurt, and extended benefit coverage does provide 1,500/yr for it, may as well give it a try.

I would not go for a physical ailment however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.