Naturopaths....

Old May 11th 2016, 12:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturopaths....

Originally Posted by Stinkypup

I somehow thought that you would agree with me bats.. Absolutely right about chiropracters.. Don't tell me" lc egs are different lengths, out of alignment"
"ribs have popped out" "popped my spine back" What a load of BS
Imagine my struggle to be polite when someone with a twisted,arthritic, osteoporotic spine tells me they need the images for their chiropractor.

WTF are popped ribs? People say they have them but I've never seen any on the totally unnecessary X-rays we take of them. And subluxed whatevers? If a radiologist needs to see a CT scan to diagnose them how come a chiropractor with much less training can?

Oh! Have you see the vid of an Australian chiropractor cracking a premie's spine? I'll find the link.

There you go

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org.../chiropractic/

Last edited by bats; May 11th 2016 at 12:07 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:00 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Imagine my struggle to be polite when someone with a twisted,arthritic, osteoporotic spine tells me they need the images for their chiropractor.

WTF are popped ribs? People say they have them but I've never seen any on the totally unnecessary X-rays we take of them. And subluxed whatevers? If a radiologist needs to see a CT scan to diagnose them how come a chiropractor with much less training can?

Oh! Have you see the vid of an Australian chiropractor cracking a premie's spine? I'll find the link.

There you go

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org.../chiropractic/
That was awful.....poor little thing.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bats , I can see you would be driven mad by the " just for info" X-rays, they drive me mad too, I constantly try to explain X-rays should be done only if they change management.
Mind you, after seeing a chiropractor, X-rays sometimes need to be done to assess damage.
An older lady of mine needed 3 pelvic fractures diagnosing after a chiropractor lay across her, "adjusting" her spine!
Old May 11th 2016, 1:11 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
Bats , I can see you would be driven mad by the " just for info" X-rays, they drive me mad too, I constantly try to explain X-rays should be done only if they change management.
Mind you, after sccneeing a chiropractor, X-rays sometimes need to be done to assess damage.
An older lady of mine needed 3 pelvic fractures diagnosing after a chiropractor lay across her, "adjusting" her spine!
And I bet she doesn't blame them one bit.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

And I bet she doesn't blame them one bit.
Actually she was made to go by interfering daughters and wasn't keen.
After my totally impartial comments post fractures, she is very anti chiropractor, As you'll appreciate ,she was in agony for weeks.
Old May 11th 2016, 2:23 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
Actually she was made to go by interfering daughters and wasn't keen.
After my totally impartial comments post fractures, she is very anti chiropractor, As you'll appreciate ,she was in agony for weeks.
An appalling story. I hope she complained to the relevant people. Are chiros registered in BC?
Old May 11th 2016, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

An appalling story. I hope she complained to the relevant people. Are chiros registered in BC?
It would appear so:
The College of Chiropractors of BC | CCBC

Who watches over their "college' I wonder?

And no she didn't complain, she's much too nice and polite to do that, wouldn't want to cause a fuss. Why do bad things happen to good people and the wasters get away with everything?
Old May 11th 2016, 5:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know for sure what Chiropractors do, but I did almost go to one once.

For the last year and a half I have been having neck issues and there are days the pain is so bad I just stay in bed and the radius I can turn my neck isn't as good as it used to be. Pain came on sudden (was making eggs for breakfast) and hasn't ever completely gone away, someday better then others.

I saw 2 GP's over it, I was advised to go see a Chiropractor, but in the end never did, but maybe a Chiropractor could help?

Mind you this was in Squamish where GP's can integrate alternative medicine into traditional. But the new GP I have has no idea what the neck issue is, plan is to take advil or tylenol when needed.

Aaasghhhhh.

They are up there with chiropractors and other assorted snake oil merchants

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 11th 2016 at 5:41 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 5:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This'll make your hair curl then Stinkypup and Snoopdawg.

The head quack and owner of our local village GP service is well into homeopathic remedies and the like.

My pal went to him as she was feeling off and had been for a while. He and the nurse applied some sort of allergy test which involved placing assorted 'stuff' . They decided she had a gluten and dairy allergy. I cannot remember what was involved in this now. I do know it wasn't the standard tests for allergy but something else.

So . She went off gluten and dairy but still kept feeling rough. They told her to get her weight down by walking more. Fair enough . She does carry some weight.

She still felt off & had days of feeling really unwell. No energy . Uncomfy etc

Several months later she went down to Christchurch to visit friends. During that visit she was assailed by the worst pain she had ever felt. She said it was worse than childbirth.

What she actually had was mega gallstones. She now has no gall bladder and a yuk tube of those gallstones.

I won't go near the bloke as he is barking. I suggested she make a complaint but she wasn't up to it at all.

He once came out to me and hadn't a clue. Gave me so many pain meds I was in lala land. I ended up being an emergency with 6 hours of surgery.

Not good is it.

What I will say is that there are several quality GPs in that practice. I just don't know why they let him do what he does . Sadly, he does have his devoted patients for whom he can do no wrong.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife got rid of her gall stones, but she went through the traditional doctors at ER and surgeon from the city. She described it as the worst pain ever, and the nurses thought she was in labor when we walked into the ER.

A week of morphine kept the pain at bay while she waited for her surgery date to arrive.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:04 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

For the last year and a half I have been having neck issues and there are days the pain is so bad I just stay in bed and the radius I can turn my neck isn't as good as it used to be. Pain came on sudden (was making eggs for breakfast) and hasn't ever completely gone away, someday better then others.

I saw 2 GP's over it, I was advised to go see a Chiropractor, but in the end never did, but maybe a Chiropractor could help?

Mind you this was in Squamish where GP's can integrate alternative medicine into traditional. But the new GP I have has no idea what the neck issue is, plan is to take advil or tylenol when needed.
I really recommend a contoured memory foam neck pillow. Saved me from invasive surgery.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My wife got rid of her gall stones, but she went through the traditional doctors at ER
Yes. It was ER here and a week in the hospital , then back here to wait for the surgery because of the list.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:14 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

First point, I personally wouldn't for the reasons people describe above
Second point, if we were ill informed and not up to date with world research then we might suggest that- we could if we had some weird urge to but there again we want to genuinely try and help our patients get better

Originally Posted by BEVS
This'll make your hair curl then Stinkypup and Snoopdawg.

The head quack and owner of our local village GP service is well into homeopathic remedies and the like.

My pal went to him as she was feeling off and had been for a while. He and the nurse applied some sort of allergy test which involved placing assorted 'stuff' . They decided she had a gluten and dairy allergy. I cannot remember what was involved in this now. I do know it wasn't the standard tests for allergy but something else.

So . She went off gluten and dairy but still kept feeling rough. They told her to get her weight down by walking more. Fair enough . She does carry some weight.

She still felt off & had days of feeling really unwell. No energy . Uncomfy etc

Several months later she went down to Christchurch to visit friends. During that visit she was assailed by the worst pain she had ever felt. She said it was worse than childbirth.

What she actually had was mega gallstones. She now has no gall bladder and a yuk tube of those gallstones.

I won't go near the bloke as he is barking. I suggested she make a complaint but she wasn't up to it at all.

He once came out to me and hadn't a clue. Gave me so many pain meds I was in lala land. I ended up being an emergency with 6 hours of surgery.

Not good is it.

What I will say is that there are several quality GPs in that practice. I just don't know why they let him do what he does . Sadly, he does have his devoted patients for whom he can do no wrong.
Snoop might come back with a few comments but is soundly asleep. So a doctor who has gone to the dark side.... Even worse than the misguided and ill-informed naturopath /homeopath who doesn't know any better. That sounds dreadful- right to advise her to complain. His partners probably never get wind of his antics. He sound dangerous- keep him away from you Bevs, he sounds like a Kiwi Harold Shipman in the making- though stupidity rather than maliciousness seems to drive him although potentially with the same outcome
Old May 11th 2016, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. It was ER here and a week in the hospital , then back here to wait for the surgery because of the list.
Wife was in ER 90 minutes then discharged with morphine and go to wait at home for surgery date, was cancelled twice which was annoying as the hospital was 1 hour away (local hospital couldn't do the surgery) but 3rd time was a go. Scheduled at 9am, actual start 11pm, because it was so late she got to spend the night, otherwise if no complications, its only day surgery.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
I really recommend a contoured memory foam neck pillow. Saved me from invasive surgery.
That is the plan. We are also going to put 50/month away for a good mattress, the $600 one we have is crap and if we had a couch, I would be sleeping on the couch again....

Seems the really good mattresses with good support run over 1,500.

The one we have is only 8 months old, but its some off brand, and its so poorly made, worst mattress ever. But at the time we had to have a mattress and well 600 was our max limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.