Nando's

Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:29 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nando's

found it very expensive for what it is.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

I was a big fan of Nando's back home. Went to one here near Brampton last summer to try it out. Was nothing like the ones back home. Left very very disappointed.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
I was a big fan of Nando's back home. Went to one here near Brampton last summer to try it out. Was nothing like the ones back home. Left very very disappointed.
Ah that's a shame. I was hoping it would be good. What was horrible/different about it?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Ah that's a shame. I was hoping it would be good. What was horrible/different about it?
Service wasn't the same (none of this being given a numbered table then going and ordering), couldn't have corn because it wasn't in season, sauce was different, chicken was typical Canadian chicken (ie - hardly any meat) and was microwaved instead of grilled, no beer/wine available - soft drinks only in cans/PET bottles.
It was more like a take-away with a few tables in. In fact, I was the only person eating in there - the two or three other people who came in while I was there got take-outs.
Plus the one I went in, despite the lack of clientele, had not had the tables cleared in a while so there were dirty dishes all over the eat-in section from those who'd obviously risked it before I did.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

How spooky...my wife & I were in Nando's last night saying how we'd miss it once we moved back to Canada.

I'm guessing its fairly new to Canada as my wife has lived in the UK for 3 years and had never heard of it prior to coming here.

Do they sell the peri peri sauces in stores like in the UK?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr.mac
Do they sell the peri peri sauces in stores like in the UK?
Yes. Loblaws even sells peri peri flavoured crisps.

There's no shortage of things Portuguese, at least not in the GTA.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

nando's opened in Kamloops yesterday, might have to go one day.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:40 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Took my Canadian freind to Nando's on Clapham High Street. It turns out they now have them in Canada. The chain is originally from South Africa if anyone cares although the theme is supposedly portuguese.

In Canada I found most restaurants poor unless they were serving North American cuisine. Even the Chinese restaurants in Chinatown (Toronto) were trying to poison you, that's if they weren't trying to overcharge you with their dodgy written receipts.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Martindale
In Canada I found most restaurants poor unless they were serving North American cuisine. Even the Chinese restaurants in Chinatown (Toronto) were trying to poison you, that's if they weren't trying to overcharge you with their dodgy written receipts.
I don't buy that at all. I think Toronto is a great place for food. When you say the Chinese restaurants were trying to poison you they were likely just swerving you the weird shit they eat, the authentic cuisine of a poor country. I was just in Chinatown picking up some strange stuff and then scooted to Little India for food to take home; that availability of cuisine from all around the world is, in my view, the redeeming merit of the city.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:37 am

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't buy that at all. I think Toronto is a great place for food. When you say the Chinese restaurants were trying to poison you they were likely just swerving you the weird shit they eat, the authentic cuisine of a poor country. I was just in Chinatown picking up some strange stuff and then scooted to Little India for food to take home; that availability of cuisine from all around the world is, in my view, the redeeming merit of the city.
We went to Nando's in Wandsworth nearly every day when I was back home a couple of years ago (son is addicted!). It was a two storey place with loads of family atmosphere and very smart for a casual dining place. Ours here in Coquitlam is really pathetic...more like a cheap chippie back home with a couple of mexican hats painted on the wall - expensive too!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:09 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Actually on reflection thanks to your post I will say there were some good Greek and Brazilian places that I enjoyed in Toronto.

That's as near as a retraction as you'll get from a proud poster who will not admit they were wrong!

Chinatown was where I'd always go after a good night out but on more than one occasion I was passed bills that were unreadable and clear attempts to overcharge. To be fair that happens everywhere- there is a guy round the corner here in London who has tried that on me twice and I have stopped going to his establishment for his own safety.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:23 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Point of order. Nando's is Portugese not mexican. In the UK it struck me as a reasonable step up from KFC & KFC rip-off places. It's essentially battery farmed chicken in a variety of spices/sauces and chips so it'll never be up there in the healthy eating stakes.

Wanna buy a franchise? http://www.nandoscanada.com/franchise-product.php
Nando's is middleground. I would place it just behind Swiss Chalet.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Just found out that they have Nando's in Canada and I'm well excited!! It's the one place I will miss (how sad)

Has anyone been? Is it as good as Nando's in the UK?

Bloody Hell next it will be Brewers Fayre but at least I could go back to manage one SADDO I AM
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Nando's is middleground. I would place it just behind Swiss Chalet.
I think that Nando's has a better menu more choice than Swiss Chalet - wuite frankly SC menu bores me
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I think that Nando's has a better menu more choice than Swiss Chalet - wuite frankly SC menu bores me
I've never been in a Swiss Chalet. May give it a go next time I am over there though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.