Nando's

Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nando's

Just found out that they have Nando's in Canada and I'm well excited!! It's the one place I will miss (how sad)

Has anyone been? Is it as good as Nando's in the UK?

Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:21 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nando's

Originally Posted by act1980
Just found out that they have Nando's in Canada and I'm well excited!! It's the one place I will miss (how sad)

Has anyone been? Is it as good as Nando's in the UK?

There are plenty of Mexican based restaurants in Canada and most would be of a higher quality!!!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
There are plenty of Mexican based restaurants in Canada and most would be of a higher quality!!!
Point of order. Nando's is Portugese not mexican. In the UK it struck me as a reasonable step up from KFC & KFC rip-off places. It's essentially battery farmed chicken in a variety of spices/sauces and chips so it'll never be up there in the healthy eating stakes.

Wanna buy a franchise? http://www.nandoscanada.com/franchise-product.php
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:32 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Point of order. Nando's is Portugese not mexican. In the UK it struck me as a reasonable step up from KFC & KFC rip-off places. It's essentially battery farmed chicken in a variety of spices/sauces and chips so it'll never be up there in the healthy eating stakes.

Wanna buy a franchise? http://www.nandoscanada.com/franchise-product.php
That would be why I like mexican food here better!!!

I never used to like Nandos food...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Can you suggest a reasonable place to eat Mexican food in the GTA? I don't know of one, the least worst might be the burritto place at Church and Gerrard.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
Can you suggest a reasonable place to eat Mexican food in the GTA? I don't know of one, the least worst might be the burritto place at Church and Gerrard.
If you drive to Winnipeg I can recommend lol...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

There that dodgy looking place called Hernado's Hideaway on Yonge Street near Maitland (beneath the LCBO) I've only been in it once and the food wasn't too bad.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
There that dodgy looking place called Hernado's Hideaway on Yonge Street near Maitland (beneath the LCBO) I've only been in it once and the food wasn't too bad.
I used to go there when I lived with the Newfie. The cook was from the same or next village as her. I rather enjoyed it but I feel it lacked something in authenticity.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried out Jalapeno at King W. and Bathurst? It's been a while since I was there but I thought it was pretty good.

There's also a most unexpected barrio style mex somewhere up not all that far from you, I think it's in Bradford but it doesn't seem to have a web presence (unsurprisingly). I remember doing a double take when I first saw it... "WTF is that doing here?" until I remembered all the wetback seasonals working the Holland Marsh. I figure it's their cantina.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

There is a Nando's in Burnaby and one here in Victoria. We have been to both and Hubby who is from UK says they are the same.

Island Girl
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Have you tried out Jalapeno at King W. and Bathurst? .
No, but noted.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
There's also a most unexpected barrio style mex somewhere up not all that far from you, I think it's in Bradford
Oh yes, good one. We went to such a place during the World Cup, the flags were those of El Salvador rather than Mexico, but, yes, that was good food. The OH is working over there for the tree tapping season so we'll have to go see if we can find it again.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No, but noted.

Oh yes, good one. We went to such a place during the World Cup, the flags were those of El Salvador rather than Mexico, but, yes, that was good food. The OH is working over there for the tree tapping season so we'll have to go see if we can find it again.
If we're talking of the same place, it's just on the outskirts of Bradford as you approach from the south east. On your left.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:40 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a Nandos on Lonsdale around 13th, I've been told it's nice, haven't tried it myself.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

I used to go there when I lived with the Newfie. The cook was from the same or next village as her. I rather enjoyed it but I feel it lacked something in authenticity.
From what I recall, Hernando's is about as authentic as the Frito Bandito. I was never able to find decent Mexican food in Toronto.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Bill_S
From what I recall, Hernando's is about as authentic as the Frito Bandito. I was never able to find decent Mexican food in Toronto.
I heard an interview with the Mexican consul. He was asked to recommend somewhere. After a long pause he offered "my house?".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.