Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Multiregion DVD Player in Edmonton?

Multiregion DVD Player in Edmonton?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:20 pm
I am the other man....

port7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Multiregion DVD Player in Edmonton?

Does anyone know where you can get a Multireigion DVD Player anywhere in Edmonton?

I usualy send my brother over a few UK DVD's for Xmas and he has problems playing them. So this Xmas I want to get him a player that will play all the DVD's I sent.

They are all over the place here in the UK, but when I have been over to Canada, I had trouble finding any..
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiregion DVD Player in Edmonton?

Originally Posted by port7
Does anyone know where you can get a Multireigion DVD Player anywhere in Edmonton?

I usualy send my brother over a few UK DVD's for Xmas and he has problems playing them. So this Xmas I want to get him a player that will play all the DVD's I sent.

They are all over the place here in the UK, but when I have been over to Canada, I had trouble finding any..
The cheapo ones in Wal-Mart are multiregion (search the forum for specific models, some with and some without hack), and London Drugs sell multiregion ones straight out of the box. Stick with the no-name ones, they're more likely multiregion than the big brands.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

I recently bought an RCA247N in Walmart for $49. It plays DivX & XViD as well, and can be made multiregion by typing in a code on the remote - although you need to do this every time you want to watch a UK disc.

I also have a LiteOn DVD recorder which I cannot remember if I typed in a handset code or updated the firmware. Anyway, it plays UK discs fine!

Rob
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Phillips from Best Buy, took all of 30 seconds to hack it!!

Works a treat....It cost $99

Linda
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:42 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda P
We have a Phillips from Best Buy, took all of 30 seconds to hack it!!

Works a treat....It cost $99

Linda
Awesome - can you tell me the model please? and then i'll email you for the hack!! LOL

House hunting going great in answer to your question on the other page.... we have found a beautiful one and it is about 20 mins or so from where hubby works so we are stoked!!

It was great to meet you by the way - be nice to catch up again