Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada is like.......(insert here)

Moving to Canada is like.......(insert here)

Old May 25th 2019, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

no good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond reputeno good name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to Canada is like.......(insert here)

I'll start..

Moving to Canada is like :

Chatting up a stunning looking woman at the pub/nightclub/discotheque, thinking "I cant believe my luck!"
Go out on a date or two.. everything seems "AWESOME", "NEW", "DIFFERENT", "EXCITING".. You see no wrong. You compare to your 'old girlfriend' and think "How much better is this?!"

Move in together in a slight rush of blood to the head, ignoring the warning advice of well meaning others - who have walked this walk before....
But you know what you are doing.. "Life is for living!" "If I don't do it I may always regret it!"

Only to realise after the initial 'new-ness' has worn a little, and the regular mundaneness of daily life kicks in that you realise "Ah, so you are also a bit of a nag?" "Oh you wear fake nails and, have an expensive fake tan addiction and your toenail varnish is a bit on the flaky side?"

"Just what happened to all that glamour from the romantic night at the disco?"

Same faeces different bucket
Old May 25th 2019, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada is like.......(insert here)

unlike you .............

moving to Canada is the best thing we ever did

I wouldn't change one single thing about anything. Nothing has disappointed us, and we have embraced everything about this country

I would hate to be back in the UK
Old May 26th 2019, 12:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
unlike you .............

moving to Canada is the best thing we ever did

I wouldn't change one single thing about anything. Nothing has disappointed us, and we have embraced everything about this country

I wonder why the OP has started two threads asking the same question?
Old May 26th 2019, 12:44 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly

I was there this week, it was warm, sunny and dry. There were people who have spatial awareness when walking or driving and there were smoothly surfaced roads. There were some, indeed many, buildings that did not deface their surroundings. I didn't hate it at all.
Old May 26th 2019, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Canada is like : A box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get,
Old May 26th 2019, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I wonder why the OP has started two threads asking the same question?
Maybe didn't realize this one was moved and thought it was deleted?
Old May 26th 2019, 4:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Maybe didn't realize this one was moved and thought it was deleted?
Nope, the other one wasn't moved, it's still there A new life in Canada is like.......(Insert funny here)
Old May 26th 2019, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Nope, the other one wasn't moved, it's still there A new life in Canada is like.......(Insert funny here)
I meant this one, I thought it was originally in the main section originally and moved to maple leaf and that he didn't realize that and it was deleted when it was moved, but maybe I was imagining it in the main section and it was never moved.
Old May 26th 2019, 5:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I meant this one, I thought it was originally in the main section originally and moved to maple leaf and that he didn't realize that and it was deleted when it was moved, but maybe I was imagining it in the main section and it was never moved.
You are quite correct.. it was moved... I thought that the thread was meant to be a bit of fun or tongue in cheek rather than a serious question about Canada... it seemed more appropriate to be in the Maple Leaf forum..
Old May 26th 2019, 5:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Canada is like... opening up a world full of new sights, smells and experiences but without having to learn a new language

Old May 26th 2019, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Canada is being able to afford a home on the water, buy a Provincial fishing licence and being able to fish almost anywhere in the province, rather than in the UK paying through the nose for a days fishing to some individual the family were granted the land etc to back in the days of Henry the eighth or before......
Old May 26th 2019, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Moving to Canada is a different experience for everyone, some may find an improvement in life and love it, some may find a middle ground and accept it but not love it, others may find it a struggle and lower quality of life, all our experiences are different, just because you may have a good experience, and someone else doesn't, doesn't make Canada a bad place, doesn't mean those who dislike it here are putting down Canada, what works for one, doesn't for another.
Old May 26th 2019, 11:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Moving to Canada is being able to afford a home on the water, buy a Provincial fishing licence and being able to fish almost anywhere in the province, rather than in the UK paying through the nose for a days fishing to some individual the family were granted the land etc to back in the days of Henry the eighth or before......
And carp to 30+ lbs, and I have it on good authority they fight harder than UK carp.
Old May 26th 2019, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
And carp to 30+ lbs, and I have it on good authority they fight harder than UK carp.
Yes, mega carp. See them cruising past my dock (Bay of Quinte) pre spawn in June. Never fished for them in spite of my carp gear, which I brought to Canada with me, gathering dust in my basement! Much more interested in bass, walleye and at one time, musky. One day, who knows, I may be sorting out some hair rigs and batteries for the optonics......
Old May 27th 2019, 12:29 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Yes, mega carp. See them cruising past my dock (Bay of Quinte) pre spawn in June. Never fished for them in spite of my carp gear, which I brought to Canada with me, gathering dust in my basement! Much more interested in bass, walleye and at one time, musky. One day, who knows, I may be sorting out some hair rigs and batteries for the optonics......
I'd get right on them if I were you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.