Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Moved: british muslim doctors

Moved: british muslim doctors

Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: british muslim doctors

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I don't think I am particularly racist. It is the unfortunate result of the fact that most of the terrorist acts committed around the world in recent years have been committed by Muslims. The fact that these are radical nut cases, does not alter the fact that people often get tarred with the same brush.

Obviously, all Muslims are not terrorists, but its sad to say that these things happen. One bad apple (or actually quite a few bad apples) spoils the whole barrel.
do you mean that the whole barrel should be discarded??
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:53 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all
Smile Re: Moved: british muslim doctors

Originally Posted by hfxns
Some of the top doctors in the UK are Muslims, they have saved countless people's and children's lives - we will not highlight or acknowledge their contributions. Some misdirected doctors from their community perpetrate terror - we will not work with Muslim doctors. Yeah, we will paint all the followers of the religion with the same brush.

We refuse to find out why the Muslim world feels alienated from the western world, why their youth is ready to wage a war, why their kids grow up with hatred for us, however we will continue to have opinionated or uninformed views. And will continue to believe in quick fixes.

Why is it that if we dislike any other culture we are, 'misinformed...opinionated...racist...etc?

When Sadam was in power, all those morons in the middle east were just killing each other. That was fine by me.
When they removed Sadam, the muslims turned they hatred to the west.

Can anyone explain why a mother should lose a son or daughter fighting for someone elses cause?
I thought our armed forces were here to defend our country. Not die protecting oil companies profits.

Oh wait a mo' we went there to get rid of the weapons of mass destruction.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:34 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by didikai
Why is it that if we dislike any other culture we are, 'misinformed...opinionated...racist...etc?
For me, it is very difficult to understand how anyone could dislike another entire culture. Though I don't work as one at the moment (and thank god for that), I am a 'trained' anthropologist and have read about a kerbillion cultures and subcultures that exist or have existed on this planet. Though there are many differences, most cultures are actually more similar than dissimilar... would it bother you if the culture you dislike shares similarites with the culture you identify with?

I gather from your posts that you do not like "muslim culture"? If so, how do you define "muslim culture"? Are you lumping American Muslims with Muslims in Indonesia? What about non-practicing African Muslims living in Australia? Are they the same as Islamic fundamentalists in Afghanistan?

Or maybe I've misunderstood your posts.

And perhaps I've taken the bait!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
For me, it is very difficult to understand how anyone could dislike another entire culture. Though I don't work as one at the moment (and thank god for that), I am a 'trained' anthropologist and have read about a kerbillion cultures and subcultures that exist or have existed on this planet. Though there are many differences, most cultures are actually more similar than dissimilar... would it bother you if the culture you dislike shares similarites with the culture you identify with?
If only more of us could appreciate that...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didikai
When Sadam was in power, all those morons in the middle east were just killing each other. That was fine by me.
When they removed Sadam, the muslims turned they hatred to the west.
Their, they're, there. Do try to differentiate yourself from the morons.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I don't think I am particularly racist. It is the unfortunate result of the fact that most of the terrorist acts committed around the world in recent years have been committed by Muslims. The fact that these are radical nut cases, does not alter the fact that people often get tarred with the same brush.

Obviously, all Muslims are not terrorists, but its sad to say that these things happen. One bad apple (or actually quite a few bad apples) spoils the whole barrel.
This was the same of the Irish not so many years ago. If you had a (usually Northern) Irish accent and you were catholic, well you were obviously part of, or completely sympathetic to the IRA ...

I saw a clip of a black comedian a few years ago (after 9/11) (sorry, don't recall who at this time) who made a joke about finally not being the cause of hateful and racist comments in his neighbourhood now. It was the Muslims now getting the flack and he was now able to walk the streets without fear. It was said in an very amusing anecdote, but it was funny and sad all at the same time.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:08 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I saw a clip of a black comedian a few years ago (after 9/11) (sorry, don't recall who at this time) who made a joke about finally not being the cause of hateful and racist comments in his neighbourhood now. It was the Muslims now getting the flack and he was now able to walk the streets without fear. It was said in an very amusing anecdote, but it was funny and sad all at the same time.
I saw a cartoon a few years ago. In the background was a spaceship, and in the foreground was a group of space aliens facing a group of humans. The leader of the aliens was saying, "Let me put it to you thusly. You are no longer at the top of the food chain." That would help us to sort out our priorities pretty darn quickly, wouldn't it?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:58 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
This was the same of the Irish not so many years ago. If you had a (usually Northern) Irish accent and you were catholic, well you were obviously part of, or completely sympathetic to the IRA ... I saw a clip of a black comedian a few years ago (after 9/11) (sorry, don't recall who at this time) who made a joke about finally not being the cause of hateful and racist comments in his neighbourhood now. It was the Muslims now getting the flack and he was now able to walk the streets without fear. It was said in an very amusing anecdote, but it was funny and sad all at the same time.
This is actually true Ann...hence the rise and rise of Sinn Fein who are the Political wing of the IRA and are now sitting in the Government of our country after wreaking havoc and murder here over the past 40 years and are still unrepentant for what they did on the "Brits". Their incredible elctoral success is thanks to the votes of the Northern Ireland Catholic. Equally so their recent defeat in the election in the Irish Republic was thanks to the votes NOT cast for them by the Southern Irish Catholic....so it is quite obvious who supports them more on each side of the border here.
I may come across as very bitter on this subject, but believe me I have first hand experience and cant wait to get out of here away from the farce my beloved wee country has become.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I saw a cartoon a few years ago. In the background was a spaceship, and in the foreground was a group of space aliens facing a group of humans. The leader of the aliens was saying, "Let me put it to you thusly. You are no longer at the top of the food chain." That would help us to sort out our priorities pretty darn quickly, wouldn't it?
I love that!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:23 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
I love that!
If only for the use of the word "thusly". Triffic.

As are radioligists. The one I met last week was a poppet.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:29 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno whether anyone listens to 'The Now' show from Radio 4 via the web, but Marcus Brigstocks rant on the three Abrahmic faiths was brilliant. Catch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-ZrwFwLQg
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:32 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir

Speaking of radiologists and things medical.

How did you make out last week with the further testing?

Any word yet? <He asks hopefully.>
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:44 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Speaking of radiologists and things medical.

How did you make out last week with the further testing?

Any word yet? <He asks hopefully.>
Dunno yet. I was told that the ECG results would take a bit longer than the others. I guess I'll hear from the doctor when he has all of them.

I'm not too worried. I've been feeling a huge amount better the last few days and I don't think it's because of the bananas.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvenir
If only for the use of the word "thusly". Triffic.

Pleased to hear you found a poppet. not many around. Hope all your results are good
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Dunno whether anyone listens to 'The Now' show from Radio 4 via the web, but Marcus Brigstocks rant on the three Abrahmic faiths was brilliant. Catch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-ZrwFwLQg
Now that was funny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.