Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The most stressful move EVER - well so far...

The most stressful move EVER - well so far...

Old Jun 18th 2012, 7:35 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The most stressful move EVER - well so far...

Souvy, you shouldn't be allowed on here you crack me up every time!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 8:20 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Not been on in a week and just read your sad news Piff Poff. Condolences and echo the thoughts of others on the memorial garden- a lovely idea.

This is one inevitable part of moving away to here that is always at the back of my mind and I am dreading

Take care and hope things are settling down a bit in your new house now.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:11 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Small, violently expensive and can suck a golfball through a hosepipe (two of those terms also apply to the missus; it was three in the early days....).
Maybe she should go on a diet and become all 3 again
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:08 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your Mum.

Your new place sounds really nice.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding the two topics intertwined as they are, rather strange I have to say.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum, thinking of you at this difficult time.

Moving on to vacuum cleaners, I have a Bissell, special dog kind. Well the dog bit is useless but I have no complaints otherwise and I am an ex Dyson user. It even has a nifty way of splitting into two to avoid having to lug the heavy bit up the stairs! I'd recommend it and I have had it for 10 months...
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:48 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I'm finding the two topics intertwined as they are, rather strange I have to say.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum, thinking of you at this difficult time.

Moving on to vacuum cleaners, I have a Bissell, special dog kind. Well the dog bit is useless but I have no complaints otherwise and I am an ex Dyson user. It even has a nifty way of splitting into two to avoid having to lug the heavy bit up the stairs! I'd recommend it and I have had it for 10 months...
Why is it strange that the two topics are intertwined? My Mum died on the day we had to hand over the keys to the house, making a super stressful time into a superduper incredible hard stressful time and things are no better

As for the vacuum cleaner thing, trying to find one during this stressful time as well as other things we need when I can hardly concentrate on one thing, so it all adds on, the dog pooped in the car yesterday too - he has never done anything remotely like that ever not even as a puppy.

Is this the cleaner you have?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:20 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Why is it strange that the two topics are intertwined? My Mum died on the day we had to hand over the keys to the house, making a super stressful time into a superduper incredible hard stressful time and things are no better

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
I'm with you in spades on that PP, when my Dad died, the cat died on the same day, and it made it all somehow worse. Now I'm 'just' moving, although my husband is away which doesn't help, but yesterday the bloody washing machine stopped and the boiler broke down and they just all seem to ratchet the tension up. You can't rail at the world because your mum has gone, but hating the vacuum, the removal men, the too big fridge and the world in general spreads the frustration. A friend sent me a badge today that said B.I.T.C.H. (babe in total control of herself) which amused me. Here's hoping the worst is behind you. Best wishes.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:18 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I'm with you in spades on that PP, when my Dad died, the cat died on the same day, and it made it all somehow worse. Now I'm 'just' moving, although my husband is away which doesn't help, but yesterday the bloody washing machine stopped and the boiler broke down and they just all seem to ratchet the tension up. You can't rail at the world because your mum has gone, but hating the vacuum, the removal men, the too big fridge and the world in general spreads the frustration. A friend sent me a badge today that said B.I.T.C.H. (babe in total control of herself) which amused me. Here's hoping the worst is behind you. Best wishes.
Thanks. We returned our lovely neighbours casserole dish on Monday night, they asked about how the appliances had worked out, so we were telling them, well, my fridge is too big, the stove never arrives, the dishwasher has different plumbing connections etc, and the lady just had, How is it your laughing about it? I said what else can we do?

So further on, the Stove arrived this morning, the plug is a big fat one, I haven't got a big fat socket to put it in, so we need an electrician now. The tap/connection for the washing machine leaks really bad and what with the dishwasher connection, we need a plumber.

On the plus side, we found a fridge that will fit in the hole a lot better, it's a side by side instead of a French door one, I'm beyond bothering now, it should arrive on Friday. You never know I may be able to cook and wash clothes by the weekend

Oh and we think we are on the direct flight path to Red Deer Airport, we had no idea, didn't think we were that close to the airport (we're not). I'm now hoping the proposed expansions, get delayed more or not approved at all.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:56 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. We returned our lovely neighbours casserole dish on Monday night, they asked about how the appliances had worked out, so we were telling them, well, my fridge is too big, the stove never arrives, the dishwasher has different plumbing connections etc, and the lady just had, How is it your laughing about it? I said what else can we do?

So further on, the Stove arrived this morning, the plug is a big fat one, I haven't got a big fat socket to put it in, so we need an electrician now. The tap/connection for the washing machine leaks really bad and what with the dishwasher connection, we need a plumber.

On the plus side, we found a fridge that will fit in the hole a lot better, it's a side by side instead of a French door one, I'm beyond bothering now, it should arrive on Friday. You never know I may be able to cook and wash clothes by the weekend

Oh and we think we are on the direct flight path to Red Deer Airport, we had no idea, didn't think we were that close to the airport (we're not). I'm now hoping the proposed expansions, get delayed more or not approved at all.
OMG honey, if you didn't laugh you'd cry - good luck to you - maybe you should buy a lottery ticket and see if your luck turns around...............
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by dollface
OMG honey, if you didn't laugh you'd cry - good luck to you - maybe you should buy a lottery ticket and see if your luck turns around...............
I think it's down to my Mum y'know, she wants to keep me busy She can stop now though so I can have a minute to myself
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:26 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's down to my Mum y'know, she wants to keep me busy She can stop now though so I can have a minute to myself
Keeping busy at a time like this is no bad thing sit down and have a brew.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by dollface
Keeping busy at a time like this is no bad thing sit down and have a brew.
That sounds like a good idea, it'll give me the strength to go through the boxes and find some clothes for today, so I can change out of yesterdays ones that I threw on for when the delivery guys came with my cooker.

Gonna put the wardrobe system together later, surely nothing can go too wrong with that
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:41 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Piff Poff, sorry about your mum, and i hope things turn around for you.

In the meantime, thank you for making my life feel euphoric after reading this thread

I was feeling a little down after i burned my toast on this gloriously sunny morning by the ocean. Now i'm back on track. Thank you
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

This thread reminds me of the 7 Ps. Yes, I know, I am all heart
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo
Piff Poff, sorry about your mum, and i hope things turn around for you.

In the meantime, thank you for making my life feel euphoric after reading this thread

I was feeling a little down after i burned my toast on this gloriously sunny morning by the ocean. Now i'm back on track. Thank you
Glad I could help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.