missing home

Old Feb 11th 2017, 4:05 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: missing home

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
But the snowboarding /skiing up at Big White these last 10 days or so must have dulled the pain!
Morgan has been at BW any time he can! I've been up a few times but I've had enough now! It's on the way out now though...lots of puddles next week! The amount of crashes on the highway have been ridiculous! The Mini did good though to be fair!
Old Feb 11th 2017, 4:21 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beckie and Morgan UK
Morgan has been at BW any time he can! I've been up a few times but I've had enough now! It's on the way out now though...lots of puddles next week! The amount of crashes on the highway have been ridiculous! The Mini did good though to be fair!
Yeah, I saw a Facebook from a nurse who used to work in our office who was commuting to Kelowna from Vernon and ended up way off the road in a ditch- thankfully she was ok
Old Feb 11th 2017, 5:21 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow so glad she's ok. We went out to get some shopping and we saw 4 seperate incidents...mainly just people not slowing down at all! Must buy a new car soon! Oh scrap that actually we are poor! Getting PR is top of list!
Old Feb 11th 2017, 5:25 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beckie and Morgan UK
Wow so glad she's ok. We went out to get some shopping and we saw 4 seperate incidents...mainly just people not slowing down at all! Must buy a new car soon! Oh scrap that actually we are poor! Getting PR is top of list!
You seem to be settling down nicely- good luck with PR - even new cars skid and leave the road as easily as old ones!
Old Feb 11th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

old wanderer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Yeah dont miss that at all. Its the same outside British nightclubs and pubs I found.... look at someone in the perceived wrong way and the shit hits the fan. Thats all saying they can focus enough on you to notice or they are not splayed face down outside the kebab shop
That brought some memories of a trip I made back many years ago. Going to a pub with an old friend, just before we went in, he told me not to look at anyone for longer than a couple of seconds. When I asked why, he told me someone had been thrown through one of the large window into the street the night before for doing just that. Nowhere is perfect but the level of aggression in the U.K. has increased a lot from when I lived there 40 years ago.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 8:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old wanderer
That brought some memories of a trip I made back many years ago. Going to a pub with an old friend, just before we went in, he told me not to look at anyone for longer than a couple of seconds. When I asked why, he told me someone had been thrown through one of the large window into the street the night before for doing just that. Nowhere is perfect but the level of aggression in the U.K. has increased a lot from when I lived there 40 years ago.
Try living in BC.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer....51540925&z=10
Old Feb 12th 2017, 1:36 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Sobering.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:04 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

wow
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:13 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately the vast majority of those killings are gang members killing other gang members, or violent criminals killing other violent criminals. I'm OK with that.

The UK has less gang crime but more senseless drunken violence against innocent people. This is what scares me most about the UK. Accidentally bumping into someone in the pub and getting kicked to death by a bunch of drunk 18 year olds.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 4:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Fortunately the vast majority of those killings are gang members killing other gang members, or violent criminals killing other violent criminals. I'm OK with that.

The UK has less gang crime but more senseless drunken violence against innocent people. This is what scares me most about the UK. Accidentally bumping into someone in the pub and getting kicked to death by a bunch of drunk 18 year olds.
Yes, lots of pent up aggression in the UK. Amongst the kids too. Stabbings almost weekly at high schools. Depends on area, of course, but problems do exist.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

old wanderer is on a distinguished road

As I mentioned in my comment nowhere is perfect but one of the big factors in Britain is alcohol consumption and these days it is extremely high. Quite often the norm is that people are tanked up before they leave the house and another thing is the amount of hard spirits or "Shots" consumed. What seems to be on the rise is attacks by women on other women, with the use of glasses used as weapons. A sad situation which may change but I doubt it.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember, I think it was in Ontario, somebody was at a hockey game or something and wearing their old football scarf, went to the concession and got sucker-punched by a drunk gooner? Old Home Week.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 10:37 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here in Canada now for 9 1/2 years and I can honestly hand on heart say that I have not missed anything, apart from physical contact with my eldest daughter who chose to stay in the UK and Skype calls satisfy some of that. I do, however, have family in Calgary who I like far more than my UK family so that probably helps a lot!!! Our youngest daughter came with us and she married a Canadian in September 2015 and he certainly has no desire to live in the UK, a short visit there last year confirmed that! So I think OH and I are well and truly here to the end. :-)))
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:50 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Yes, lots of pent up aggression in the UK. Amongst the kids too. Stabbings almost weekly at high schools. Depends on area, of course, but problems do exist.
WTF!?
Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:47 am
Yo

Originally Posted by Lorry1
WTF!?
Reading fake UK news, am I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.