missing home

Old Feb 6th 2017, 4:02 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default missing home

Today I am missing the green fields and little villages of the Sussex I grew up in. Looking on Google maps likely isnt helping me out.
I want to go for a walk around my nans old cottage in the fields and then have lunch at my aunts house. She also lives in an old house down a farm lane.
I want her Sunday lunch (even though its Monday) followed by her home made scones with homemade strawberry jam and cream.

Today.... I miss my old life.

ugh
Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:04 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missing home

Sounds great can I come :@)
Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:25 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

There are those days when a glimpse of something, or particularly for me the smell of something, can set off a yearning for times past that nothing can make better. Sometimes life here can seem like three steps forward and two back. You are going forward, and you know it and it's good, but at the same time you've had to leave a bit of yourself behind in order to get here and some of them are fond memories, for the places that made us 'us'.

Take heart, tomorrow will feel better.....
Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Today I am missing the green fields...
I felt a bit like that when I was watching the ITV series Unforgotten.

There were country roads and fields in the first series and a funfair at the seaside and now, in the second series, a nice view of Brighton, an anonymous village green outside a pub in the Cotswolds and then great views of Salisbury.

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 6th 2017 at 5:32 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:43 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
There are those days when a glimpse of something, or particularly for me the smell of something, can set off a yearning for times past that nothing can make better. Sometimes life here can seem like three steps forward and two back. You are going forward, and you know it and it's good, but at the same time you've had to leave a bit of yourself behind in order to get here and some of them are fond memories, for the places that made us 'us'.

Yes!! Thats exactly how it feels for me too. Thank you
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:00 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Plan a visit, then look fwd to it. Don't deny yourself that visit, even if it's just you alone. My wife often goes UK without me, the last time was Xmas 2016, she wanted to just spend Xmas there. I wasn't wanting to travel as I had just had a heart stenting procedure, but she goes at least twice a year where as I go once ever 2 years, maybe.

Look for cheap times, October November or February best time.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF

Or you know that the rest of your life will be spent as an outside as you've come to the realization that any connections, whether they are personal or community based, are ultimately superficial. It's a kind of like self-inflicted autism.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I often google my old city as I miss it dearly and the people I knew and still know and activities I enjoyed.

If I could visit home more then things might be better at least more to look forward to through the year.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:20 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Today I am missing the green fields and little villages of the Sussex I grew up in. Looking on Google maps likely isnt helping me out.
I want to go for a walk around my nans old cottage in the fields and then have lunch at my aunts house. She also lives in an old house down a farm lane.
I want her Sunday lunch (even though its Monday) followed by her home made scones with homemade strawberry jam and cream.

ugh
gulp!

awe, its the dead of winter in Canada & the nice green green grass of home along with the memories would be a great 24 hour fix (snap your fingers to be there) that would work for any of us right now.

I miss my sister & just want to give her a hug, have a chat & a cuppa
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:19 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Plan a visit, then look fwd to it. Don't deny yourself that visit, even if it's just you alone. My wife often goes UK without me, the last time was Xmas 2016, she wanted to just spend Xmas there. I wasn't wanting to travel as I had just had a heart stenting procedure, but she goes at least twice a year where as I go once ever 2 years, maybe.

Thank you
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:25 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I felt a bit like that when I was watching the ITV series Unforgotten.

There were country roads and fields in the first series and a funfair at the seaside and now, in the second series, a nice view of Brighton, an anonymous village green outside a pub in the Cotswolds and then great views of Salisbury.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...8447800593.jpg
I have just spent two and half years back home..its like going back to an old GF you think it will be great as you only remember the good things..then when you go back all the crap stuff that made you leave come strait back to the fore.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Plan a visit, then look fwd to it. Don't deny yourself that visit, even if it's just you alone.

just checked the wow airlines Canada website. They have a flight 27 Feb to 11 Mar return for $450 all-in YYZ-KEF-LGW, for those that don't mind the Iceland route. Flight time is 10 hrs 30 min each way

https://en.wowair.ca
Old Feb 6th 2017, 8:35 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
just checked the wow airlines Canada website. They have a flight 27 Feb to 11 Mar return for $450 all-in YYZ-KEF-LGW, for those that don't mind the Iceland route. Flight time is 10 hrs 30 min each way

https://en.wowair.ca
And don't forget Icelandair has very good luggage allowance! We flew with them December - they were pretty good.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

ugh

Funny you should make a post like that. I never get homesick, Canada is home now, and it more than makes up for the things I sometimes miss in the UK. Infact I had a fantastic weekend doing great outdoor activities with good friends.

However I had some bad news about my uncle last night, he is very ill, and im not sure what the doctors are able to do, or what the outcome will be at present, they are the only part of my family I am still in regular contact with after living here coming up to 8 years. I don’t know why…but I felt instantly homesick, and have done since I learned of the news, it’s a horrible feeling as I I never normally feel it, I suppose I just feel very distant and hopeless.

Different circumstances to you, but the same feeling, urgh..
Old Feb 6th 2017, 9:41 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
And don't forget Icelandair has very good luggage allowance! We flew with them December - they were pretty good.
and...

I also love Icelandair- reviews on airline forums considerably better than WOW but that price that is quoted above however is pretty damned good-even Westjet to Gatwick is about double that from say YYZ (looking at cost aspect over this side of the country)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.