Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Midweek (well thursday nite) calgary meet up.

Midweek (well thursday nite) calgary meet up.

Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:12 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Midweek (well thursday nite) calgary meet up.

Ok you miserable lot in Calgary. Looks like I am appointed to see if any of you are available to meet (and frighten) a visitor to our fair city. She will be here 21-28 April. Given that she may be 'jetlagged' on Sunday and flies out again on the Saturday I thought Thursday nite was a good time to get together?

So far (apparently) HWP, Steve_P, Smelly and Morwenna have expressed willingness to protector our visitor from me. I was thinking the Kensington Pub (again) say 6pm start? I know some of you are working downtown SO we could make it DT or 17th if there is enough interest (Unicorn? Melrose? Ship and Anchor? Rose and Crown?)

So to sum up. Thursday 26th April Calgary meeting. Who would like to join us?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midweek (well thursday nite) calgary meet up.

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ok you miserable lot in Calgary. Looks like I am appointed to see if any of you are available to meet (and frighten) a visitor to our fair city. She will be here 21-28 April. Given that she may be 'jetlagged' on Sunday and flies out again on the Saturday I thought Thursday nite was a good time to get together?

So far (apparently) HWP, Steve_P, Smelly and Morwenna have expressed willingness to protector our visitor from me. I was thinking the Kensington Pub (again) say 6pm start? I know some of you are working downtown SO we could make it DT or 17th if there is enough interest (Unicorn? Melrose? Ship and Anchor? Rose and Crown?)

Shes a brave girl.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:08 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Sounds like it would be fun but I'm in Edmonton that day
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:05 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Seeing how I missed out on the last meet up and am fully mobile again I will say yes for me and Hubby
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:23 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Seeing how I missed out on the last meet up and am fully mobile again I will say yes for me and Hubby
Be good to see you both.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

We will gladly attend,

rgds scotty
Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
We will gladly attend,

rgds scotty
ERM, I thought that was a given. (It is your local after all )

PS NO offending the 'natives' this time.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:39 pm
Banned

Just bumping.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:31 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Oi, I don't arrive until 28th April Was that deliberate Butch(y)?
c
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:31 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

We won't be in Calgary then, but we will be in Canada by all of 1 day so I'll be a lot nearer in spirit than Lancashire... not sure your Hollands pies are going to make it to you in more than spirit either seeing as we're now landing in BC. Mr S would prolly have enough will power to put off scoffing them for about 1 day.

SkiBunny
23 sleeps to go
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by claire bob and matt
Oi, I don't arrive until 28th April Was that deliberate Butch(y)?
c
Dont blame me hun.

(we can have another meet for you. )
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you that dont know.

If you are getting the Ctrain get off at Sunnyside (first station on the NW branch after the Bow river) then walk down 10th street NW until you reach Kensington Road then one block west you will find 10a street.

Kensington Pub
207 10a Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1W7
403-270-4505

For those who might visit Calgary in the future its a great pub, worth the trip over the river IMHO.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Apr 6th 2007 at 2:47 am. Reason: Doing the touristy bit.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by smelly
For those of you that dont know.

If you are getting the Ctrain get off at Sunnyside (first station on the NW branch after the Bow river) then walk down 10th street NW until you reach Kensington Road then one block west you will find 10a street.

Kensington Pub
207 10a Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1W7
403-270-4505

For those who might visit Calgary in the future its a great pub, worth the trip over the river IMHO.
Not if your coming from Dalhousie.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Not if your coming from Dalhousie.
Very True. Didnt think about that . Mind you its not hard though is it???? certainly not like the Tube.

Either that or I have been here long enough to act like a local .
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by smelly
Very True. Didnt think about that . Mind you its not hard though is it???? certainly not like the Tube.

Either that or I have been here long enough to act like a local .
I think it could be both.
BTW I have to agree about this being the first week I've felt like a moan about the weather. STILL at least there COULD be good snow at sunshine AND they were forecasting Sun tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.