Masks

Old May 22nd 2020, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Went for a walk with the dog, observation I made on this walk.

1) There are alot more people out and about.

2) Many wearing masks seem to feel overly secure with their mask and difficult to walk on the sidewalk because they wont move over and give space.

3) Many with masks don't cover their nose

Small sampling of course, only saw about 25 people on the walk.

I wonder if vaping smoke can pick up virus, its water vapor so wonder if it can pick up virus as the vapor makes its way into and out of the lungs, because people just blow that stuff in your face.
Old May 25th 2020, 11:55 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I read over the weekend that Costco Canada now requires customers to wear masks in store - like Costco south of the border.

On masks, I'm fortunate that Mrs AX has the sewing skills to make me a bespoke one. I'm rather big headed in the literal sense, requiring 8 1/4 hats, 3XL crash helmets etc. A normal mask wont fit without twisting my ears off so I need an extra large one. I suspect there is a niche market for really big masks. I did check with my go to source for hats www.bigheadcaps.com but they have yet to pivot to that niche. :-)
Old May 25th 2020, 12:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

First time out since April 1st today. My ordered disposables have not turned up yet but SD got me one from her staff supply at work.

I had an appointment at the eye clinic (routine diabetic eye care) so wore one. I wore it in the taxi (the clinic is some way out of town) where my glasses immediately steamed up.

It happened in the clinic so they said to lower it. Receptionist had no mask but the medical staff did.

First time sitting in the back of a taxi for over 5 years. Paid by 'tap' which is something I've never done before.
Old May 25th 2020, 9:20 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Paid by 'tap' which is something I've never done before.
We moved on from hammered coinage now and the taxi probably wouldn't have accepted chickens as payment anyway.
Old May 25th 2020, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
We moved on from hammered coinage now and the taxi probably wouldn't have accepted chickens as payment anyway.
I have avoided the tap method until now because with the banks encouraging everyone to be fraud-aware, I find it astonishing that they created a situation whereby anyone can find or steal a card and use it without the safeguard of needing a PIN.

In the event of any disputed debit, I want to be able to say I never use use tap, so it wasn't me.
Old May 25th 2020, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I have avoided the tap method until now because with the banks encouraging everyone to be fraud-aware, I find it astonishing that they created a situation whereby anyone can find or steal a card and use it without the safeguard of needing a PIN.

In the event of any disputed debit, I want to be able to say I never use use tap, so it wasn't me.
My bank puts a limit on tap, $100 max per day, then a PIN is required and sometimes they randomly ask for PIN when using tap, so there seems to be some safeguards in place.

Old May 26th 2020, 3:12 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to use tap for that reason alone. I just sanitize my hands before and after.

Im seeing my RMT today and masks are mandatory so it will be interesting to see how this goes.
Old May 26th 2020, 3:17 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My bank puts a limit on tap, $100 max per day, then a PIN is required and sometimes they randomly ask for PIN when using tap, so there seems to be some safeguards in place.
Thing is, not having been out much because of 'lockdown' it might be weeks before I notice that someone has taken $99 daily from my account.

Probably the best safeguard is that it wouldn't take long for someone to clear out the account and then not be able to take any more out, so there is that...
Old May 26th 2020, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, not having been out much because of 'lockdown' it might be weeks before I notice that someone has taken $99 daily from my account.

Probably the best safeguard is that it wouldn't take long for someone to clear out the account and then not be able to take any more out, so there is that...
No online banking? I would notice the same day.

Old May 26th 2020, 3:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
No online banking? I would notice the same day.
Yes I do on line banking. Most payments are automatic and if I'm not out using my bank card, I'm in using my credit card for the other on-line stuff. There's no need to be accessing my bank account other than paying the credit card once a month.

So it could easily go unnoticed by me with no reason to log on for up to a month.
Old May 26th 2020, 4:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do on line banking. Most payments are automatic and if I'm not out using my bank card, I'm in using my credit card for the other on-line stuff. There's no need to be accessing my bank account other than paying the credit card once a month.
So it could easily go unnoticed by me with no reason to log on for up to a month.
Haven't you had recommendations from your bank to check your account activity frequently? I know I have, not only from the banks I deal with on their websites and printed statements, but from the police and government as well via the news.
Old May 26th 2020, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

I check my account daily if there is money in it, so I'd probably notice pretty quickly, generally the account is empty though so the card and thief would have to meet on the 1 or 2 days in the month where the account has something in it.....
Old Jun 5th 2020, 10:06 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

They wanna make up their bleeding mind

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52945210

Old Jun 5th 2020, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess nobody between now and the 15th June will be catching Covid 19 who use public transport in the UKImage copyrightGETTY IMAGESFace coverings are to become compulsory for people using public transport in England from Monday 15 June.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

I can manage a mask on for about 10-20 minutes when shopping but then its just too warm, and uncomfortable and hard to breathe.

I end up pulling it down to uncover my nose, now I realize why so many people do, the damn masks are not pleasent to wear.

I don't know how anyone can wear one on like a 10+ hour flight either, even 5 hour flight isn't appealing.

I wouldn't take transit, seems many here in Vancouver think the same, transit isn't picking up very quickly even with more people going back to work, can't blame people, they say stay 6 feet away from one another in stores, and everywhere else, say movie theaters are too risky, but then have no issue cramming people into buses and trains with no distance at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.