Masks

Old Mar 25th 2022, 7:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
If someone entered a coma from receiving the vaccine (has happened) can I argue that they shouldn't use the hospital because they injected it into themselves... (This is similar to how people feel about heroine users).

There's always multiple perspectives and like I said I'm truly not campaigning against the vaccine, I am vaccinated, I do want people to get vaccinated but we can do this without the bigotries.
It's not bigotry. I think all people afflicted by religion are deluded, regardless of religion.

No one is injecting themselves with covid vaccines. Toying with the emotions of celebrated women is not a trifling matter, I agree, JK Rowling has my sympathy and support, but it's hardly relevant here.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 7:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

and it doesn't matter that your belief is impacting on someone else.

Vaccination being the right thing to do isn't a matter of belief, polio hasn't been stamped out because people believe it's gone, it's actually gone.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Fewer people dying than currently sounds like a good idea.
How many deaths would be acceptable, or are we to wait until no one in the world is dying of C-19?
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Vaccination being the right thing to do isn't a matter of belief, polio hasn't been stamped out because people believe it's gone, it's actually gone.
The polio vaccine stops its effects. Not one of the C-19 vaccines does. When was the last time you had a polio booster?

If the vaccine stopped those that had had it dying, and had all of those that hadn't had it, after catching C-19, died, your comparison of them would be more valid. Unfortunately, the fact is that the vaccine has not prevented all of those that have had it from dying, nor have all of those unvaccinated that have caught it died. I am sure you are aware of the statistics.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

The difference is that this vaccine will not irradiate covid. People are not vilified or discriminated against if they haven't received the polio vaccine. You wont lose your job over it for sure (unless you're in certain types of healthcare, where they check for these things).
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
How many deaths would be acceptable, or are we to wait until no one in the world is dying of C-19?
The last I read was that globally we were at 18,000,000 more deaths were recorded than expected with a world population of 7.9bn people. This means the world has recorded 0.23% more deaths than normal which is sad none the less, but sure let's everyone get on the soap box and force mandates and deprive the world of joy and normality.

So much is made of the death toll but, it really isn't all that bad.

What would be more concerning is if it were young kids dying and we're losing people that should have 50+ years of life left. Reality is we're losing people who are over 60, the majority of which would pass with or without COVID and they all add to that 18,000,000 number. The actual number of years lost due to COVID really isn't that high, as terrible as it sounds.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The polio vaccine stops its effects. Not one of the C-19 vaccines does. When was the last time you had a polio booster?

If the vaccine stopped those that had had it dying, and had all of those that hadn't had it, after catching C-19, died, your comparison of them would be more valid. Unfortunately, the fact is that the vaccine has not prevented all of those that have had it from dying, nor have all of those unvaccinated that have caught it died. I am sure you are aware of the statistics.
I suggest that the covid vaccines are a work in progress. Eventually there will be a vaccine that works completely, in the interim we have to go with what there is and that's harm reduction.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

The difference is that this vaccine will not irradiate covid. People are not vilified or discriminated against if they haven't received the polio vaccine. You wont lose your job over it for sure (unless you're in certain types of healthcare, where they check for these things).
You can't go to school without a full set of vaccinations so the idea of getting a job is moot.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

You can't go to school without a full set of vaccinations so the idea of getting a job is moot.
I wonder if there's this thing called home or foreign education that could bypass that...No can't think of one.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I suggest that the covid vaccines are a work in progress. Eventually there will be a vaccine that works completely, in the interim we have to go with what there is and that's harm reduction.
Kind of like the (optional) flu shot...
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I wonder if there's this thing called home or foreign education that could bypass that...No can't think of one.
Giving up education for one's children. damning them to poverty, for the sake avoiding vaccinations seems perverse to me. The state should probably intervene.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giving up education for one's children. damning them to poverty, for the sake avoiding vaccinations seems perverse to me. The state should probably intervene.
Trust me I'm a foster parent...The last thing you want is the state to intervene over trivial matters.

I have a foster child who is moving into independent living on the weekend and the social worker (who specializes in these transitions) didn't realize that a moving van might be required.

I also hardly think that home/private/foreign schooling is always worse than public education.

Last edited by ArthurBrit; Mar 25th 2022 at 9:15 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Trust me I'm a foster parent...The last thing you want is the state to intervene over trivial matters.
Endangering the health of the community and depriving the child of a formal education are not, in my view, trivial matters.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Endangering the health of the community and depriving the child of a formal education are not, in my view, trivial matters.
If preventing the spread of natural illnesses is such a big issue for you, please top yourself cause you do it more than you know. Again, this is about people's right to choose whether to put an untested (now it's tested) and undocumented (Pfizer has released a redacted document) vaccine into there body. Whether their choice is for religious, scientific or even gut feel reasons, it's not our job to discriminate against them. It's our job to educate them with actual science, actual data. Not politicizing it.

In terms of education there are many who successfully home school, private or foreign education is also considered formal it's just not the norm.

Last edited by ArthurBrit; Mar 25th 2022 at 9:28 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2022, 9:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

If preventing the spread of natural illnesses is such a big issue for you, please top yourself cause you do it more than you know. Again, this is about people's right to choose whether to put an untested (now it's tested) and undocumented (Pfizer has released a redacted document) vaccine into there body. Whether their choice is for religious, scientific or even gut feel reasons, it's not our job to discriminate against them. It's our job to educate them with actual science, actual data. Not politicizing it.
It's the job of the authorities to get them injected or ensure that they stay on their property hence being able to fire the unvaxxed and being able to required proof of vaccination for admission to various facilities (not that I imagine a home schooling fringe person would venture out much in public anyway).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.