Masks

Old Jul 5th 2021, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

So if I am the only one wearing a mask then who am I protecting?
Old Jul 5th 2021, 4:10 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well if you feel sick or have a cold, then you are protecting those around you.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 4:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Everybody else, just in case you've picked up a touch of the dreaded lurgy despite being vaccinated. If you were asymptomatic you wouldn't know without constant testing.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Everybody else, just in case you've picked up a touch of the dreaded lurgy despite being vaccinated. If you were asymptomatic you wouldn't know without constant testing.
But where does it all stop? I've managed 60 plus years of my life without ever thinking about wearing a mask for normal activities yet now it is common place even after many mandates have been lifted and of course personal choice is fine for those that prefer to wear one. The whole reason we have vaccinations is to curb the spread, lessen the seriousness of the illness and reduce strain on our healthcare systems. Once this has been achieved the plan was always to get back to near normality. We seem to have a certain "fear factor" that's crept in where some people are very concerned about crowded places and people without masks and this has obviously been driven by the constant media coverage and the many precautions and restrictions put in place by our health professionals. Yesterdays UK news had teachers unions shouting the odds about the risks teachers face and how students should all still wear masks. Then some medical doctor was quoted as saying masks should remain we cannot let our guard down now. Of course Boris along with other leaders around the world are trying to do what's right but also stick to their promises best they can but all the time the nay Sayers and doomsday folk start telling us its too much too soon and we are heading for the next wave it doesn't help the general publics morale.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
But where does it all stop? I've managed 60 plus years of my life without ever thinking about wearing a mask for normal activities yet now it is common place even after many mandates have been lifted and of course personal choice is fine for those that prefer to wear one. The whole reason we have vaccinations is to curb the spread, lessen the seriousness of the illness and reduce strain on our healthcare systems. Once this has been achieved the plan was always to get back to near normality. We seem to have a certain "fear factor" that's crept in where some people are very concerned about crowded places and people without masks and this has obviously been driven by the constant media coverage and the many precautions and restrictions put in place by our health professionals. Yesterdays UK news had teachers unions shouting the odds about the risks teachers face and how students should all still wear masks. Then some medical doctor was quoted as saying masks should remain we cannot let our guard down now. Of course Boris along with other leaders around the world are trying to do what's right but also stick to their promises best they can but all the time the nay Sayers and doomsday folk start telling us its too much too soon and we are heading for the next wave it doesn't help the general publics morale.
+1
Government will always be moving the goalposts, there will always be "another wave" on the way, each time we get close to a target the government changes it so they have an excuse to continue restrictions.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 6:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

But where does it all stop? I've managed 60 plus years of my life without ever thinking about wearing a mask for normal activities
Yes, there's been a Pandemic. We didn't have one previously. Do you think that might have something t do with it?
The whole reason we have vaccinations is to curb the spread, lessen the seriousness of the illness and reduce strain on our healthcare systems.
Absolutely. But that first part - curb the spread - has that been achieved or does the spread of the Delta variant in the UK suggest not?
We seem to have a certain "fear factor" that's crept in where some people are very concerned about crowded places and people without masks and this has obviously been driven by the constant media coverage and the many precautions and restrictions put in place by our health professionals.
So nothing to do with how right from the very start 'herd immunity' was abandoned in the UK because it spread uncontrollably with people dying and how we were told very early on that there would be variants as the virus spread and how we now know that there is a variant spreading more dramatically than previously despite the protection offered by the vaccines.

You call it a fear factor I call it a let's not be hasty factor. Why would you not want to exercise a little caution and accept that while Covid spreads it throws up variants the effects of which are unknown as yet other than speeding up the spread? That's insanity.

Open things up again by all means but what's wrong with a bit of transition where mask wearing in certain situations continues?
Of course Boris along with other leaders around the world are trying to do what's right but also stick to their promises best they can but all the time the nay Sayers and doomsday folk start telling us its too much too soon and we are heading for the next wave it doesn't help the general publics morale.
Given the way BJ has handled Covid so far he'd be the very last politician any sensible person would listen to.
Heading for the next wave? Seriously?

Old Jul 5th 2021, 7:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Heading for the next wave? Seriously?
If people who questioned the need for precautions at the start of the pandemic don't believe in the necessity of protecting against vaccine-resistant variant strains there isn't much point in trying to convince them.

Old Jul 5th 2021, 7:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

If people who questioned the need for precautions at the start of the pandemic don't believe in the necessity of protecting against vaccine-resistant variant strains there isn't much point in trying to convince them.
True enough but there is a point in putting the alternative case for others in case they don't see it. That graph is particularly shocking.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 8:12 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I think most western countries are split on the "it's too soon" to open up argument.

On the one hand you have the people whose job involves sitting in front of a computer all day who have had the luxury of working from home, (perhaps they even bought a puppy during lockdown) and their quality of life has improved.
Now they are beginning to realize that in the next few months they could be called back to work and have to deal with the rush hour commute, and work 8hrs in their crappy office cubicle. These are the people that seem to be making the most noise regarding "it's too soon"

Then you have the non office workers, small business owners, construction, retail staff etc who are saying enough is enough. My business closed for 3 months, I spent $$$ on plexi glass, then we did some renos inside, plus one year of mask wearing and you guys want it extended?

I see it from both sides, doing my job from home has been a blast, not having to drive to work in the winter was amazing. However, my Wife works in retail and she has had it rough. Dealing with Karen's on a daily basis since March 2020 has been tough on her. Lots of arguments, fights, customers getting banned etc all over not wanting to wear a facking mask.

Now customers have the right to choose if they wear a mask or not is the best thing ever for retail staff.

Old Jul 5th 2021, 11:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Calgary has ditched their mask bylaw.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-c...ylaw-1.5496922
Old Jul 30th 2021, 9:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Aug 4th 2021, 7:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Aug 5th 2021, 4:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Aug 27th 2021, 9:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Hopefully this shows up (Twitter link).
Old Aug 27th 2021, 10:07 pm
Tea Drinker

Hopefully this shows up (Twitter link).
LOL
I was folding clean laundry the other night and I almost put my Daughters knickers (if you can call them that) in the re-reusable mask pile Now that would have been awkward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.